What is your “Can’t Miss” Princess Recommendation? 🛳

Jadn13

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

For the OP: There is normally some sort of food (sushi or something else) provided free of charge in Vines if you are having wine. When you have the beverage package it's especially nice to have a glass of wine and a bit of a nosh in Vines in the evening.

Some of us have had our entire dinner at Vines (Mrs. XBGuy does Sushi and I do Tapas.)--and more than once.

Some other things for the OP to consider:

• Chef's Table--A pretty extravagant evening for 10, or so, passengers hosted by the Maitre d' and the Executive Chef.  It includes a galley tour, Champagne and appetizers in the galley, and a multicourse meal in the dining room with accompanying wines.  Call the DINE line as soon as possible on embarkation day to request seating.  The price is around $100 per person.
  • Ultimate Balcony Dinner--Arguably, the best dining experience on any Princess ship.  Another multicourse meal served on your balcony, or, if the weather is uncooperative, in your cabin.  The meal includes a half-bottle of Champagne, appetizer, salad, an entree choice of Filet Mignon or Lobster Tail (or both), a truly decadent chocolate and raspberry dessert and a plate of cookies or petit fours that last for days.  It also includes a very attractive floral table centerpiece that also lasts for days.  You can sign up for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner prior to departure on your Cruise Personalizer or you can call the DINE line from your cabin.  As I recall, the price is $50 per person.
  • Ultimate Cruise Tour--A very fun excursion that takes you "behind the scenes' visiting the medical center, the laundry, the galley. the Princess Theater, the forward mooring station, the engine control room and the bridge.  The tour is on a sea day in the latter part of the cruise and takes about three hours.  You can sign up for the Ultimate Ship's Tour at the Passenger Services Desk on embarkation day.  The tour group is limited to something like 15 people.  $150 per person.

The prices that I mentioned were from my recollection and may or may not be accurate whenever Princess resumes cruises.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Some of us have had our entire dinner at Vines (Mrs. XBGuy does Sushi and I do Tapas.)--and more than once.

Yes, we've done that as well. We often don't really need a big dinner and it's nice to hang out in Vines, eat some of whatever they are offering - often, as you say, two different offerings - drink some nice wine, and watch the people going by. When you can get a table by a window it's especially nice. Sometimes we have met others there. It's a nice venue - nicer on some ships than on others.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, we've done that as well. We often don't really need a big dinner and it's nice to hang out in Vines, eat some of whatever they are offering - often, as you say, two different offerings - drink some nice wine, and watch the people going by. When you can get a table by a window it's especially nice. Sometimes we have met others there. It's a nice venue - nicer on some ships than on others.

as have we ... very nice and relaxing... we've been brought a cheese tray ( possibly left over from a prior party ) and a chocolate 'flight' - and some of our favorite bartenders / servers have been in Vines - Julius, Ajay, Carman, Cherry  - it's definitely a go to of ours

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

@cr8tiv1 If you ask for the p'nut butter cookies in the buffet or at the IC...they'll make some special just for you. It takes some time (maybe 15 minutes), but worth the wait.

My Mom would ❤️ This!  I’m going to have to try it on my next sailing! 

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Sadly the wine never tastes the same in the "to go" glass. Those nice wine glasses really do make a difference.

For the OP: There is normally some sort of food (sushi or something else) provided free of charge in Vines if you are having wine. When you have the beverage package it's especially nice to have a glass of wine and a bit of a nosh in Vines in the evening.

It is very true- after a few Sommelier classes from my restaurant life, wine is much better in Riedel glassware. (or Spiegelau). Libby just does not cut it! And yes, I am a Wine Snob at home too. I purchase that glassware at garage sales for about .50 each!

18 minutes ago, nini said:

I purchase that glassware at garage sales for about .50 each!

Ohhh.... I would love to find that deal!  My wife once bought me a Pendleton wool shirt at a yard sale. It looked brand new. They were asking $1.00 and she offered $0.50. They took the offer. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

@cr8tiv1 If you ask for the p'nut butter cookies in the buffet or at the IC...they'll make some special just for you. It takes some time (maybe 15 minutes), but worth the wait.

I love the peanut butter cookies but they aren't my wife's favorite. I often find myself making a special trip to the buffet to bring back an assortment of cookies for the cabin. It really isn't all that hard to do and it makes my wife happy. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I was up on deck (Lido/buffet) when I inquired about my PB cookies.  I was asked to wait...wait...wait.  A server returned with a plate full of cookies.  I was almost mugged on my way back to the pool.  I did share with a few on the way out the door.  I wonder how much of this will change?  sigh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Wise man.

There is absolutely no downside to a happy wife.

Makes me think of the OP getting married onboard. I met my wife when I was 17 and got married when I was 19. I was making a "whopping" $1.65/hour. (Although I was 19 when we got married we didn't have kids until I was 21. I think that would usually be "married at 19 and first child at 19 and a half".) It's pretty cool the OP is getting married on the ship but, apparently, being young and poor wasn't the curse many (most) thought it would be. May 6th will mark 49 years married and 51 years "together". (The woman must be insane!)

• Like 5

Oh, everything, it’s been so long since we were on the Sky. A beautiful new ship with all the above. Never got in that aft pool, but envied those who did. I love the ice cream/ sorbet in the dining room. 

So many good comments given.  Our favorite is our early morning walk to smell the sea, see a sunrise, welcome a view of our day's port of call and then, if we are fortunate to do so, having breakfast in Sabatini's.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Some other things for the OP to consider:

• Chef's Table--A pretty extravagant evening for 10, or so, passengers hosted by the Maitre d' and the Executive Chef.  It includes a galley tour, Champagne and appetizers in the galley, and a multicourse meal in the dining room with accompanying wines.  Call the DINE line as soon as possible on embarkation day to request seating.  The price is around $100 per person.
  • Ultimate Balcony Dinner--Arguably, the best dining experience on any Princess ship.  Another multicourse meal served on your balcony, or, if the weather is uncooperative, in your cabin.  The meal includes a half-bottle of Champagne, appetizer, salad, an entree choice of Filet Mignon or Lobster Tail (or both), a truly decadent chocolate and raspberry dessert and a plate of cookies or petit fours that last for days.  It also includes a very attractive floral table centerpiece that also lasts for days.  You can sign up for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner prior to departure on your Cruise Personalizer or you can call the DINE line from your cabin.  As I recall, the price is $50 per person.
  • Ultimate Cruise Tour--A very fun excursion that takes you "behind the scenes' visiting the medical center, the laundry, the galley. the Princess Theater, the forward mooring station, the engine control room and the bridge.  The tour is on a sea day in the latter part of the cruise and takes about three hours.  You can sign up for the Ultimate Ship's Tour at the Passenger Services Desk on embarkation day.  The tour group is limited to something like 15 people.  $150 per person.

The prices that I mentioned were from my recollection and may or may not be accurate whenever Princess resumes cruises.

The Ultimate ships tour is amazing and worth the money. You even get monogrammed presents like a robe or chef’s apron and stationery. You see parts of the ship you would never get a chance to see and spend time on the bridge with the captain chocolates and champagne. Our Captain took out maps and charts and gave a class in navigation!

• Like 4

The Volcano is only acceptable to me if one asks for a Double Volcano. Stack it high.

When this question comes up I always answer Beef Wellington, only because I never make it at home. I would also add the Alfredo, not for the pasta, only if I can get the cheese basket alone. - Good munching. But the goat cheese souffle is pretty darn good too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, voljeep said:

as have we ... very nice and relaxing... we've been brought a cheese tray ( possibly left over from a prior party ) and a chocolate 'flight' - and some of our favorite bartenders / servers have been in Vines - Julius, Ajay, Carman, Cherry  - it's definitely a go to of ours

🍷🥰