Ship bars while in port

I have never sailed on the actual Carnival line but other lines I have sailed on do have bar service in port.

There may be land based excise tax or liquor restrictions included with service within the port country water's area until the ship is in international waters..

Edited by robtulipe

Yep. The bars are still open. There's also the one bar that opens up around 0900 so if you have a 3 and 5 yr old you're about to take off the ship for a day you can stop by for a quick shot of Jameson to ease into the morning.

And the bartenders are so nice not to judge even though I always start off with "look... I don't WANT to start drinking this early but I've got a long day ahead of me..."

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Bars will be open although some Will open later on in the day. For mariner generally the bar in the Windjammer and the pub on the promenade are likely to be open in Port . The only place I know of that has restrictions and bars opening is Canada which only allows one bar per deck to open well in port

On 4/3/2021 at 1:32 AM, DMac1983 said:

Yep. The bars are still open. There's also the one bar that opens up around 0900 so if you have a 3 and 5 yr old you're about to take off the ship for a day you can stop by for a quick shot of Jameson to ease into the morning.

And the bartenders are so nice not to judge even though I always start off with "look... I don't WANT to start drinking this early but I've got a long day ahead of 

We got a table in winjammers for breakfast that had ocean views and was next to the bar there was a constant que of people getting their special drink ...and it was not freshly squeezed OJ .

It’s not a liquor tax, but the local sales tax! The only time that it’s not included is if you have a package. Made that mistake at sail away from Ft. Lauderdale a few times.

Hal

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hogbay said:

We got a table in winjammers for breakfast that had ocean views and was next to the bar there was a constant que of people getting their special drink ...and it was not freshly squeezed OJ .

Hair of the Dog more than likely 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, matj2000 said:

I have seen many comments on these forums about some local liquor tax while in a port.

But I have never once experienced it in all my cruises.

I have.  It was unexpected and annoying.  BTW, they also charge local tax when you buy drinks on CocoCay.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:27 AM, jerseyjjs said:

Thinking of booking a Mariner OTS January 2022 sailing. Anybody know if RCCL keeps it's indoor bars (Playmakers, English pub, etc.) open while in port?  TIA.

When I was on Mariner April 2019 they were not open until the afternoon.  If memory serves me correctly I was eating and drinking in Playmakers at about 2pm when we were docked at Cococay.  The pool bar was open at 11:30