No more cruises with NCL. Mandatory Vaccines?

BIG POOCH

I don't think it will hurt their business at all.  I watched Del Rio on TV last night and although he says he  isn't in the business of telling people to get vaccinated or not to, in order to get his ships sailing, he feels the only way the CDC would give them permission to sail is for NCL to require everyone on board be vaccinated.  This means all the crew and passengers.  This may change down the road but for now, it is the only way they can hope to get the CDC's blessing to start sailing from the USA again.

• Like 55
  • Thanks 1

Without the actions that NCL has taken there would be no more cruises anyway; the CDC would see to that. You may never cruise with any line again if the CDC get their way; and, believe me, they will.

The only cruising you may be able to do is a cruise out of a foreign port that does not stop in any U.S. port.

Edited by SouthLyonCruiser
  • Like 2

NCL is smart to require passengers and crew to be vaccinated before they cruise. NCL has the right to do so.

Those who don't want to get the JAB, sorry find another cruise line or don't cruise. 

We just booked 4 cruises with NCL on the Getaway (2) Oct and Dec 2021, BLISS Feb 2022 and Escape Sep 2022.

Free all at Sea, Free Air for 2nd Passenger, etc. Fantastic pricing!

Air alone was a big saving. 

JIB-JAB! HAPPY CRUISING! STAY SAFE!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BIG POOCH said:

With the reports of them requiring vaccinations, we will never be cruising on NCL again.  Hope they realize just how much this is going to hurt their business even more than it already has been.

I know of two platinum level cruisers that will cruise again because of vaccine requirements. Myself and my wife.

• Like 47
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, vpearlkc said:

I know of two platinum level cruisers that will cruise again because of vaccine requirements. Myself and my wife.

We are two more Platinum members who will join you! 

Happy cruising! Stay Safe! 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BIG POOCH said:

With the reports of them requiring vaccinations, we will never be cruising on NCL again.  Hope they realize just how much this is going to hurt their business even more than it already has been.

Can we have your points... JK  🙂  Good luck on your future travels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Really? Think a little bit.  This is a change (requiring vaccinated passengers) that will be temporary only for the amount of time needed to start cruising again. And given that NCL has been 100% shut down, how can a temporary decision to start cruising "hurt their business even more"? What is "even more" than completely shut down. 

Everyone needs to please relax and think. Private businesses are doing anything they can to generate some type of revenue. The minute they can go back to business as it use to be, they will. 

Edited by newbe dave
  • Like 23

Why? Get a vaccine. It's not horrible. 

• Like 23

This sounds just like:

If I am required to wear

I won't be told when to go to the dining room

I bought an unlimited drink package so I can drink as many as I want

Follow the rules or go else where. 

• Like 26

I hear what you're saying and I will say, I will never cruise without vaccinations being mandatory while Covid-19 remains a very real threat. 

Have a good day. 

• Like 51

Have a cruise booked in August on the Breakaway and January on the Escape.  My husband and I are fully vaccinated and are ready to sail.  Even though I am vaccinated I feel even more safe when cruising with others who are as well.  Much less change for an outbreak to sweep the entire ship.  If there are a few who will come down with COVID there are extended isolation cabins where they will be required to quarantine.  I am so glad NCL is pushing back.  Let the people who feel safe cruise while the people who do not can take land vacations.  Give us the choice back!

• Like 18

As stated several time before, a vaccine requirement FOR NOW is about the only way these cruise ships will ever start sailing again, FOR NOW.  However, as the virus situation improves, and it has a long way to go in many countries, and the majority of folks have elected to be vaccinated, which then brings down the risk to a manageable level, then I will speculate that the vaccinated requirement, and mask requirement, will be history, just a bad memory.  But for now, if you're not vaccinated, it sounds like you won't be sailing, FOR NOW.  It almost sounds like the non vaccinated are whining, "It's not fair. If we can't go, we don't want anyone to go."   My opinion.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure they are worried! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

If you don't intend to sail with them why you don't you get yourself banned for life as discussed in the other moaning thread about kids ban till vaccination. A good call to the operations centre with threatening foul language and racist epithets should do the trick. That way you can draw a line under NCL and move on with your life.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Personally, I applaud the decision . We have 3 cruises booked on NCL . Aside from the protocols required requiring the vaccine  give another layer of comfort . Please read the letter that was sent to the CDC . It really breaks it down . As has been pointed out the vaccine requirement may change as the virus climate changes .

• Like 17

why would it hurt their business? The vast majority of people will get the vaccine. It’s a simple business decision. What would cripple their recovery is boats full of COVID victims.

If you don’t want to take the vaccine that’s fine. I don’t see what the problem is here?

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 14

The Royal Caribbean sailings had very strong sales when they first opened and I'm sure NCL's cruises will be the same. Just because you don't want a vaccine doesn't mean most people don't want one. Almost 1/3 of the US population has gotten at least one dose and most states still have restrictions on who can get it. 

I'm a healthy 25 year old, but I still got my vaccine. I'll have a beer for you on Lido. Would you like a postcard from Barbados or St. Lucia? 

• Like 19
  • Haha 7

Please don’t take it personal...it’s just business and billions of dollars at stake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marine Mom said:

I don't think it will hurt their business at all.  I watched Del Rio on TV last night and although he says he  isn't in the business of telling people to get vaccinated or not to, in order to get his ships sailing, he feels the only way the CDC would give them permission to sail is for NCL to require everyone on board be vaccinated.  This means all the crew and passengers.  This may change down the road but for now, it is the only way they can hope to get the CDC's blessing to start sailing from the USA again.

I agree