Should CCL follow NCL policy for Vaccinated passengers only?

crusinbanjo

49 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Well, I must say, that is interesting speculation.

I consider CCL to be the "big dog" of the cruising industry.  I have found it curious that NCL and RCI seemed to "join forces" to initially provide some type of a pathway that the CDC might OK to resume cruising.  CCL was not part of that effort.  I have wondered why.  

I have one thought as to why this might have happened.  Based on what little information that I know:  NCLH is the weakest financially of the the Big Three.  RCI is on the next rung up.  CCL is on the top ring up.  None of the Big Three will be able to survive if the financial data that I read in CCL's Shareholder's Report keeps continuing indefinitely.  

I think CCL may be using the let the competition wither theory.  I guess they have discussed whatever they are doing with major share and bond holders.  It is a tactical gamble to gain market share.   If they lose market share someone will pay.   I will attend the online summit next week to hear remarks from the CEO about his path going forward.  

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

True to an extent. Even if vaccinated you can be asymptomatic. Currently the word is that vaccinated people cannot transmit. That is why the continuation of requiring/requesting wearing masks adds an additional layer.

We have no solid proof of that besides one very weak, premature study from October even before a single vaccine had been approved 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Himself said:

If vaccinations are required, my cruising days are OVER.  I have shell fish allergies and I am NOT getting the Vaccine.  There are other treatments available for COVID. I am amazed that so many Americans have become so docile. 97.5 percent of all who get covid recover.

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are a whole new form of vaccinations based on a new, different technology. Neither should have any effect on your shell fish allergy.

• Like 4

My vaccination strategy is......I would recover if I got Shingles, but I got vaccinated so I won't have to endure the possible terrible pain of having it!

Edited by oakridger
Added info
  • Like 6

Those unwilling to accept the vaccine are delaying our reaching herd immunity and putting all around them at risk. There are multiple vaccines based on multiple technologies.

I am all for Vaccine Passports and Vaccination Requirements for Airlines and Cruise Ships. I absolutely will not get on a vessel without a vaccination requirement.

I am in there restaurant business. We will be reopening in mid May once our entire team is vaccinated and we will be requiring patrons to prove they have been vaccinated. That doesn't seem off-putting - we are already fully booked through June.

As someone who has lost friends to this and know multiple people who survived but have terrible, long term after-effects (respiratory problems, loss of taste and smell), I have no sympathy for the anti-vax crowd. 

• Like 10

The huge majority of people can easily take the vaccine.  If you wish to be in public, it is a great option.

To my mind, himself has demonstrated lack of care for others, period. Sorry that is the case.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, oakridger said:

My vaccination strategy is......I would recover if I got Shingles, but I got vaccinated so I won't have to endure the possible terrible pain of having it!

Exactly, same with the flu. Who wants to put themselves through that if they are medically able to prevent it. 

I had Covid. Was it a bad case? No, only moderate. Was it miserable and inconvenient? Yes. Did it have lingering negative after effects? Yes. Do I want it again? No no no!!

Dh is hoping the vaccine will eliminate his long haul side effects... smell and taste issues, shortness of breath, brain fog, fatigue. Many long haulers are reporting the vaccine does just that and I am keeping my fingers crossed for him as he has had a rougher time than me.

A week after my first dose, my few lingering after effects are gone and I feel like I did pre-Covid which is pretty great!!

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, geocruiser said:

I have a bad  shellfish allergy.  Now, I am only speaking for me.  I was able to take the vaccine with out any trouble.  But I was afraid.

Hi @geocruiser,

Understandable.. we had no ill side effects either from our 2 Moderna injections.. but then again we do not have health issues that made getting vaccinated a risk.

That said.. whatever the reasons are, that individuals choose not to get vaccinated are between themselves and their consciousness for a safer environment.

Much like you I am only speaking for ourselves... we will not board a cruise ship …airplane or any other mode of mass transportation unless everyone is vaccinated OR enough time has passed that COVID is just a memory.

Joseph

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are a whole new form of vaccinations based on a new, different technology. Neither should have any effect on your shell fish allergy.

it is not the live/active portion of the injection, it is the medium.  Please everyone take your own primary care physician's advice

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Hi @geocruiser,

Understandable.. we had no ill side effects either from our 2 Moderna injections.. but then again we do not have health issues that made getting vaccinated a risk.

That said.. whatever the reasons are, that individuals choose not to get vaccinated are between themselves and their consciousness for a safer environment.

Much like you I am only speaking for ourselves... we will not board a cruise ship …airplane or any other mode of mass transportation unless everyone is vaccinated OR enough time has passed that COVID is just a memory.

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

I gave the meaning of the word afraid and new meaning.  But I am happy that I got the Pfizer  Vaccine.  I did have a talk with more than one of my Drs before getting the vaccine.  Mine was given to me at a local hospital.  So, I felt safe.

Like you "we will not board a cruise ship …airplane or any other mode of mass transportation unless everyone is vaccinated OR enough time has passed that COVID is just a memory."  We will just wait until it is safe again.

Maria

Edited by geocruiser

11 hours ago, OmarOak said:

I am in there restaurant business. We will be reopening in mid May once our entire team is vaccinated and we will be requiring patrons to prove they have been vaccinated. That doesn't seem off-putting - we are already fully booked through June.

Have you been closed the entire time or just for Indoor Dining and what type of Cuisine is your Restaurant? If you have been closed and not doing Take Out/Delivery and Outdoor Dining, why not if other Restaurants in your County were able to do so?  Confused by your comment about "reopening"!

Also, you mentioned in another Post that you have multiple Restaurants.  Are you opening at full capacity in both Restaurants?  How many Covers and Turns do you do in a day and what is your Staff Count for each Restaurant?  Are you open 7 Days a week?  Are your Reps, Vendor Delivery Drivers, etc. required to show proof of Vaccination to enter your Restaurant and are they allowed in if not Vaccinated?  Did you have any Employees who did not want to get the Vaccine and then terminated them if wouldn't?

Also, curious as to how you will handle turning away Customers who are "Walk-ins"?  Are you going to have a "Bouncer" stationed outside who will be checking for proof of Vaccine?  We all know signage doesn't always work!  😂

Thanks!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Also, curious as to how you will handle turning away Customers who are "Walk-ins"? 

I am not the poster you quoted, but it sounds like they are doing reservations.  It would just be like any other restaurant I know where do reservations or are fully booked.  Walk Ins are sadly and politely declined as they don’t have a reservation and encouraged to make a reservation for a future date.  There’s nothing new in this at all.  It existed long before covid.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am not the poster you quoted, but it sounds like they are doing reservations.  It would just be like any other restaurant I know where do reservations or are fully booked.  Walk Ins are sadly and politely declined as they don’t have a reservation and encouraged to make a reservation for a future date.  There’s nothing new in this at all.  It existed long before covid.

No, you are not the Poster and also not in the Business!  

If he doesn't want to answer my questions of talking "Shop" that's up to him but my questions were directed from one Restaurant Owner to another.  

Just want to add that we have been fully booked out and have fit in Walk-ins.  It takes some juggling around but worth it if the Customers want to wait for the Table.  Happy Customers!

Edited by idiebabe
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

That’s a bit presumptive.  You have no idea what business I have been in (and yes, I was as a matter of fact).

Pardon me for having the audacity to say how it works in many places including Europe where reservations are required.

• Like 3

I have a cruise scheduled for late November on the Nieuw Statendam.  I am making a phone call next week.  I getting the "Vaccine" ( Synthetic Pathogens, is what they are) is mandatory, I will cancel the cruise. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, deliver42 said:

I doubt the CDC will allow any cruise sip to sail without total vaccinations, whether Carnival likes it or not.

Good luck with that. The CDC doesn't require airlines to have everyone onboard vaccinated. Since thousands of people are flying every day, at every hour, all over the country, one would think the CDC would require it if it was so important.

Edited by Boatdrill
  • Like 1

There is a huge difference in getting on a plane for a few hours with a few hundred people and being on a cruise ship with 1800-3500 passengers and another 600 plus crew.   

Most especially a cruise ship with a covid outbreak and a Governor that will not let it dock and a ship that may have stopped in several countries.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, idiebabe said:

If he doesn't want to answer my questions of talking "Shop" that's up to him but my questions were directed from one Restaurant Owner to another.  

Just want to add that we have been fully booked out and have fit in Walk-ins.  It takes some juggling around but worth it if the Customers want to wait for the Table.  Happy Customers!

I am happy to reply but have been out much of the day.

Our restaurants are known as among the best restaurants in the region and have gotten considerable national press. One is higher priced, prix fixe, French.  The other is Wine Bar/Bistro style.

Our State was completely shut down for much of 2020. During the Summer months we were allowed to offer takeout, outdoor service with socially distant seating and parties no greater than 6 and indoor service to 25% capacity with masks required for all. Our State shut down Dining in early November with only takeout allowed. The State reopened on a county by county basis in February with take out, indoor seating 25% capacity limited and outdoor difficult due to weather.

Our higher end spot did weekly to-go Dinner boxes and was open for about 12 weeks during the Summer and Fall. We were fully booked and required prepayment with reservation and maintained a waiting list.

We did not reopen in February. As vaccines are now available, we chose not to reopen for table service until our entire team is vaccinated. When we do reopen, we will insist patrons be vaccinated for the safety of our patrons and our team. Right now we are offering only weekly to go Dinners and a recent room service dinner staycation program with a nearby hotel.

Our more casual bistro offers wine sales and to-go frozen prepared meals. We are reopening with a limited to-go service and outdoor casual seating soon with a small team that is fully vaccinated.

• Like 5

On 4/9/2021 at 7:27 PM, ontheweb said:

Count me as another shellfish allergy sufferer who DID get the vaccine with no ill effects. I had to sit for an extra 15 minutes and there was a brief moment when I thought something might be happening but I took a deep breath, distracted myself with my phone and realized that I was just having a bit of a panic attack. 😃

• Like 9

4 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

Count me as another shellfish allergy sufferer who DID get the vaccine with no ill effects. I had to sit for an extra 15 minutes and there was a brief moment when I thought something might be happening but I took a deep breath, distracted myself with my phone and realized that I was just having a bit of a panic attack. 😃

Good for you. Everyone is supposed to wait 15 minutes just to make sure there is no allergic reaction. So when you say an extra 15 minutes, are you saying you were required to remain for 30 minutes?

I volunteer at a local mass vaccination site. Everyone is required to be in "Observation" for 15 minutes. If they have had a reaction to a prior vaccine or certain other medical issues, they are put in Observation for 30 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Himself said:

I have a cruise scheduled for late November on the Nieuw Statendam.  I am making a phone call next week.  I getting the "Vaccine" ( Synthetic Pathogens, is what they are) is mandatory, I will cancel the cruise. 

Your choice, I am the opposite.

• Like 4