Virtual Balcony Cabins

AF-1

Hi can you tell me which cruise line ships have the virtual balcony cabins.  I would like to see a few on youtube; but don't know which lines have them.  Thanks and have a great weekend.

21 minutes ago, jlb91454 said:

I know Royal Caribbean - Quantum Class has them

Thanks,  I was just watching a few youtube video's from the Quantum class virtual cabins.  Appreciate your feedback.

7 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thanks,  I was just watching a few youtube video's from the Quantum class virtual cabins.  Appreciate your feedback.

I had heard of the virtual cabins but not seen one until I saw your thread and checked them out.  I thought it was pretty impressive.  The video I saw said they would charge it like an outside.   

21 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Google "cruise line virtual balcony cabin" and you will see links to stories, threads and videos.

Cheers.

The virtual balcony kind  of reminds me of that Arnold Swarzenegger (sp?) movie - Total Recall - where a virtual travel agency (Rekall) would “plant” a memory in your brain so you could “remember” a trip you could not afford to make in real life.

Think how much money and vacation time you could save if Carnival Corp. would run with this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Idubs; I checked Anthem of the seas for seven night caribbean sailing.  Virtual balcony was $543.  Thats cheap

Oh wow.  That is pretty cheap.  Probably cost more to stay home!  Haha.  

On 4/9/2021 at 2:02 PM, AF-1 said:

Hi can you tell me which cruise line ships have the virtual balcony cabins.  I would like to see a few on youtube; but don't know which lines have them.  Thanks and have a great weekend.

I think most of rccl voyager class and larger , I remember doing a cabin crawl on I believe Navigator just so I could see what they looked like, I thought they were interesting but prefer our grand suite. This was 7 or 8 years ago 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:02 PM, AF-1 said:

Hi can you tell me which cruise line ships have the virtual balcony cabins.  I would like to see a few on youtube; but don't know which lines have them.  Thanks and have a great weekend

All Royal Caribbean ‘Quantum Class’  Ships  (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation) - the view is real time from cameras located  either  port og starboard side - see at 1:23 minutes in the video

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

I think most of rccl voyager class and larger , I remember doing a cabin crawl on I believe Navigator just so I could see what they looked like, I thought they were interesting but prefer our grand suite. This was 7 or 8 years ago 

Let's see. 🤔 An inside with a big screen vs a grand suite.   I think I might agree with your choice!! 👍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Let's see. 🤔 An inside with a big screen vs a grand suite.   I think I might agree with your choice!! 👍 

We love showing our suites on cabin crawl most people love to see them. As for virtual cabins vs inside I think the extra few dollars is worth it .

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 7:10 AM, AF-1 said:

Idubs; I checked Anthem of the seas for seven night caribbean sailing.  Virtual balcony was $543.  Thats cheap

I have one on the Ovation next Mar-May, B5B-54 days. I’m a solo traveler and have no need for a suite or even a balcony. I like interiors for my own reasons. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, ldubs said:

An inside with a big screen

I wonder if the ship will provide a discount if you simply want to stream the view onto the normal television?

Good thing these big LCD's don't emit much radiation or you would need to wear sunscreen like sitting out on a real balcony!

On 4/11/2021 at 12:18 PM, George C said:

Thanks for the feedback

18 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I have one on the Ovation next Mar-May, B5B-54 days. I’m a solo traveler and have no need for a suite or even a balcony. I like interiors for my own reasons. 

Have fun on your cruise;  post some pics from your adventure.  54 days at sea;  wow

On 4/11/2021 at 4:24 PM, hallasm said:

All Royal Caribbean ‘Quantum Class’  Ships  (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation) - the view is real time from cameras located  either  port og starboard side - see at 1:23 minutes in the video

Thanks for sharing this video.  Were you on this sailing?

On 4/13/2021 at 10:15 AM, crzndeb said:

I hope this cruise will work out for you with respect to all the COVID restrictions!  It looks like your departure port is from Australia and Australia may be one of the last countries to relax travel restrictions.

https://www.timeout.com/sydney/news/international-travel-for-australians-will-not-resume-until-2024-economic-report-suggests-

Earlier this year, department of health secretary Brendan Murphy said he was hopeful Australians could travel overseas again in 2022, as Australia’s vaccination program reached completion and countries around the world achieved herd immunity. However, economic analysts for Deloitte have offered a far grimmer prediction for when Australians can once again be able to travel freely overseas: 2024. This pessimistic forecast was released as part of the latest Deloitte Access Economics quarterly business outlook, which suggested that Australia’s international borders may be one of the last in the world to fully reopen. 

54 minutes ago, SelectSys said:

I hope this cruise will work out for you with respect to all the COVID restrictions!  It looks like your departure port is from Australia and Australia may be one of the last countries to relax travel restrictions.

https://www.timeout.com/sydney/news/international-travel-for-australians-will-not-resume-until-2024-economic-report-suggests-

Earlier this year, department of health secretary Brendan Murphy said he was hopeful Australians could travel overseas again in 2022, as Australia’s vaccination program reached completion and countries around the world achieved herd immunity. However, economic analysts for Deloitte have offered a far grimmer prediction for when Australians can once again be able to travel freely overseas: 2024. This pessimistic forecast was released as part of the latest Deloitte Access Economics quarterly business outlook, which suggested that Australia’s international borders may be one of the last in the world to fully reopen. 

Yes, fingers crossed that both Australia and New Zealand will open up next year. I have been to Australia twice, but not NZ. But if they don’t open, there are still other places I would like to visit.  I hope to make it back to Singapore one of these days.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 1:33 PM, SelectSys said:

I wonder if the ship will provide a discount if you simply want to stream the view onto the normal television?

Good thing these big LCD's don't emit much radiation or you would need to wear sunscreen like sitting out on a real balcony!

Those LCD tans are the new thing!  haha.  

| think almost every ship shows one or more deck cam feeds on one of the channels.  Not the most exciting, but a good way to see if it is light outside when staying in an inside cabin.