Sky suite on reflection

Sea22

1. Do Sky suite have a dining table inside the cabin? I know they have a big table on balcony. 
1B. If no table inside, how does room service work? Just a tray brought in? 
1c. Do you have to ask for MDR menus for in suite dining or will they be brought every night like the daily schedule? Can specialty dining be in suite too? 
2. I know there are no walls separating the bed & sitting area, but is there a curtain you can use to separate both spaces? 
3. is mini bar stocked with drink & snacks? 

3 hours ago, Sea22 said:

1. Do Sky suite have a dining table inside the cabin? I know they have a big table on balcony. 
1B. If no table inside, how does room service work? Just a tray brought in? 
1c. Do you have to ask for MDR menus for in suite dining or will they be brought every night like the daily schedule? Can specialty dining be in suite too? 
2. I know there are no walls separating the bed & sitting area, but is there a curtain you can use to separate both spaces? 
3. is mini bar stocked with drink & snacks? 

The sky suites had a coffee table inside the cabin or the butler can move the balcony table inside per your request.  I do not believe specialty dining can be brought to your suite, unless royal or penthouse.  No curtain separating your sitting area and living area- separate areas with door in celebrity suite and above.  Minibar is stocked, but not included.  You will pay for drinks- no snacks.  Even if you have drink package- not included in Sky suites.

We enjoy the sky suites.  One big room with ample storage.  We typically book a Celebrity suite, which we like more.  

• Thanks 1

The coffee table in the SS is low and not large enough for 2 to comfortably  enjoy dinner.  

I expect that when cruising restarts hard copy menus will e a thing of the past and the menus will be on the Celebrity app and on the TV.  

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

The coffee table in the SS is low and not large enough for 2 to comfortably  enjoy dinner.  

I expect that when cruising restarts hard copy menus will e a thing of the past and the menus will be on the Celebrity app and on the TV.  

Sad face.

We dined mostly outside on the table on the balcony which was quite lovely.  We never had dinner for room service, but when we had breakfast and weren't ready to eat outside, our butler put our breakfast on the coffee table in front of the sofa.  My husband sat and ate there, I took my food and sat at the desk and put my food there in front of the mirror.  Still a cozy breakfast, just inside.

Also, all beverages in our fridge was included when we were in the Sky Suite on both the Reflection and Solstice.  We never paid extra.  Great suite, just look out for the pole by the bed if you're in the Sky Suites all the way aft.  🙂

4 hours ago, FionaL91 said:

Are the sky suite butlers able to bring drinks from say the martini bar to the room? Saves me sending my other half while I get ready 😂

Yes but they are not included with the drink packages. Also the minibar in the room is not included.

Are the sky suite butlers able to bring drinks from say the martini bar to the room? Saves me sending my other half while I get ready 😂

I love it when my wife sends me for a drink.   I have one at the bar before ordering.   Then order the 2 drinks and end up drinking the one for a traveler.  When I get to the cabin she has her drink and mine is gone so I take both cards again to the bar and order 2 more drinks.  drink one on the way back to the cabin......

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

8 hours ago, micheleg said:

Also, all beverages in our fridge was included when we were in the Sky Suite on both the Reflection and Solstice.

Recently we have had butlers offer to stock the mini bar in the room with soft drinks and water since we had the premium beverage package.  But I recommend you confirm with the butler before you assume things in the minibar are complimentary.

To another poster inquiring about butlers fetching drinks from a bar.  That's not in their general description of service.  While you may have one who offers to do this for you I would not expect it and would would consider this way above and beyond service deserving a above and beyond tip.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FionaL91 said:

Each of the Butlers are responsible for about 12 suites often on 2-3 different floors.  Bringing drinks from the various bars to the suites  is not something they normally are able to do.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Each of the Butlers are responsible for about 12 suites and bringing drinks from the various bars to the suites  is not something they normally are able to do.

nor should they

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Recently we have had butlers offer to stock the mini bar in the room with soft drinks and water since we had the premium beverage package.  But I recommend you confirm with the butler before you assume things in the minibar are complimentary.

I can also confirm, that our mini bar is usually stocked with water, soft drinks and even beer at no extra cost with the premium alc package (we usually in S1).

Our last two Butlers offered it even proactively at the welcome greeting in the suite.

Officially the minibar ist not included,  so better ask upfront.

18 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

To another poster inquiring about butlers fetching drinks from a bar.  That's not in their general description of service.  While you may have one who offers to do this for you I would not expect it and would would consider this way above and beyond service deserving a above and beyond tip.

Fair enough, I doubt we would have much for the butler to do otherwise. Find the fact that people request them to pack and unpack bags a bit weird, but thought as they bring full meals and snacks to the room, a drink wouldn’t be much of a stretch to be honest. 

Very few people have them pack or unpack as you must be present when they are doing the packaging or unpacking, offering that rarely used service is just marketing fluff.  

Other than breakfast I doubt the vast majority have meals in their suites every day, but I would guess the many do have a drink the suite every day.  

• Like 1

While we enjoy breakfast in our suite the majority of mornings we have never had dinner in our suite.  I simply don’t believe the butlers have the time to deliver drinks or dinner to suites though I know occasionally it is done, especially in the upper level suites that have dining tables (though we still don’t).   

Our butlers have usually asked what we prefer in our fridge and have kept it stocked.  Unless we are in a Royal suite or above they do not stock a suite with liquor or wine.  

Fair enough, I doubt we would have much for the butler to do otherwise. Find the fact that people request them to pack and unpack bags a bit weird, but thought as they bring full meals and snacks to the room, a drink wouldn’t be much of a stretch to be honest. 

I have never met anyone who had their butler unpack or pack for them.  I think it just sounds good on the Celebrity website.    It has been our experience that very few suite guest request full dinner meals in their suite.  Only Royal suites or above (except Celebrity suites on M-class) have tables for a full meal.  It sounded nice when we booked our first cruise in a suite but eventually realized it was never going to be what we had envisioned (even when in an upper level suite).    When setting expectations please keep in mind that each butler is responsible for many suites.   There are  great butlers and very average butlers.  We have had several of each.       Having said all that, we LOVE sailing in suites on Celebrity!  

• Like 1