Would you go iv everyone is not vacinated?

Tennessee Titan

Would you go on a cruise where everyone is NOT vaccinated?  

419 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go on a cruise where everyone is NOT vaccinated?

• Yes
    • No

No we will not be cruising unless all crew and passengers are vaccinated!  Other wise we would not have bothered to take off work, suffer being sick after the first shot and take off work to go and get the second shot. (Hoping I don't get sick after the second one.)

• Like 4

We'll Cruise!  We're Vaccinated and will continue to take Precautions and follow the Protocols that the Cruise Line requires.  However, it depends on the Itinerary because of the Ship Excursions requirement.  If we're spending a lot for the Cruise including the Air, Pre-Cruise, etc. and want to get the most out of seeing the Ports visited, we'll postpone this October's and do something similar when things are back to "normal".

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, albingirl said:

There is no way I would sail on a ship that allows unvaccinated adults onboard.  I think that would be a waste of money, since it's likely to have a problem onboard.

What are you afraid of?? I mean, if the majority of the population has been vaccinated, you have a very low chance of catching this type of flue. In any case, its all up to you my friend

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

you have a very low chance of catching this type of flue.

This is not a flu.  It’s far more serious and by now if the over 3,000,000 dead globally and many more with serious health issues that are ongoing haven’t hit home by now, there’s nothing any of us can do or say.

The flu doesn’t have the effect that this does and while I plan to be fully vaccinated before I cruise, I will not go on a ship that is not fully vaccinated.  I’m not letting a few bad apples ruin the experience for the rest of us.

Fully vaccinated means the doors open to do ports on your own potentially.  Those not vaccinated means you are stuck with ship’s excursions along with a magnitude of protective restrictions.

My vote is already in and I will vote with my dollars as well.

• Like 39

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

Fully vaccinated means the doors open to do ports on your own potentially.  Those not vaccinated means you are stuck with ship’s excursions along with a magnitude of protective restrictions.

Fully Vaccinated doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will not mandate Ship Excursions only.  NCL is requiring all be Vaccinated in order to Sail and anyone wishing to get off in a Port must take a Ship Excursion.  They state on their Website this is for the first two months and then the Policy will be revisited.  We really won't know what NCL will do after that or what Holland will do when they resume Cruising but they, too, may require Ship Excursions only (at least for the first couple of months or so after restart). 

It's a Wait and See!  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, kazu said:

This is not a flu.  It’s far more serious and by now if the over 3,000,000 dead globally and many more with serious health issues that are ongoing haven’t hit home by now, there’s nothing any of us can do or say.

The flu doesn’t have the effect that this does and while I plan to be fully vaccinated before I cruise, I will not go on a ship that is not fully vaccinated.  I’m not letting a few bad apples ruin the experience for the rest of us.

Voice of reason, fully support all of the above.  We feel the very same way.  

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Fully Vaccinated doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will not mandate Ship Excursions only.  NCL is requiring all be Vaccinated in order to Sail and anyone wishing to get off in a Port must take a Ship Excursion.  They state on their Website this is for the first two months and then the Policy will be revisited.  We really won't know what NCL will do after that or what Holland will do when they resume Cruising but they, too, may require Ship Excursions only (at least for the first couple of months or so after restart). 

It's a Wait and See!  

I am fully aware of that, thanks.  I do keep up to date.

The point is, if the ship is fully vaccinated the way will be clear sooner to do your own thing and not necessarily ships’ shore excursions and lift some of the protective measures than if it is not.

Any ship that lifts them with non vaccinated passengers/crew would be foolish and risk problems.  I can just hear the uproar now if that were to happen.  

We’re all in wait and see mode 😉 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Until we have a full set of protocols this is premature.  If the protocols are the ones I want 😁 I would have no problem sailing next door to someone who is unvaccinated.  That would be their business.

• Like 3

Fully vaccinated and not worried about ME getting sick. Why I would not cruise unless everyone is vaccinated is what happens when someone else gets sick and the cruise is cancelled mid-way through the trip and/or we have to spend the rest of the time in the cabin. Or, no port will allow the ship to dock or passengers get off to explore.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

It would be nice to know where the forum stands

It is not a fairly framed question.  At this point, no I would not go on a cruise unless everyone is vaccinated.  One year, two years, maybe.  For many cruisers this is not a yes or no answer.  Too many variables.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I'm 100% with Jacqui on this. While I fully expect the initial cruises to be ship excursions only that is just one of the reasons I'm not looking at any 2021 cruises. Our first is February 2022, by which time I hope that vaccination rates are much higher in the world and this pandemic is under control and waning away. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, drowelf said:

I'm 100% with Jacqui on this. While I fully expect the initial cruises to be ship excursions only that is just one of the reasons I'm not looking at any 2021 cruises. Our first is February 2022, by which time I hope that vaccination rates are much higher in the world and this pandemic is under control and waning away. 

Interesting.  I sail April 2022 to Europe and I fully anticipate ship excursions only in many locations.  It will be ruled by the locals, I am sure 

• Like 2

We just got our 2nd Moderna vaccine today so we are ready to sail!!!

I could care less whether anyone else chooses to get the vaccine or not.....(my body, my choice) or chooses to wear a mask or not.....or chooses to board a HAL ship or not......or chooses to eat in the speciality restaurant or not.....or wears a tie to dinner in the MDR or not.

I do draw the line at chair hogs....I will not sail with a ship that does not effectively deal with chair hogs.....That is a serious issue.....and cannot wait until that is the primary topic on these boards....

Smooth sailing........

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Interesting.  I sail April 2022 to Europe and I fully anticipate ship excursions only in many locations.  It will be ruled by the locals, I am sure 

We sail in Sept 2021 on a 45 day cruise so we are very interested to know exactly what protocols will be invoked by then.  Final payment June 20....  Not too concerned about our cruises in fall of 2022 at this point...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

For me to consider booking a cruise again, I have two requirements.  

100% of crew and guests must be fully vaccinated.

Wearing of masks is not required.  

My stance exactly. We are not going until Feb. 21 days on our 1st B to B ever. Will be my longest cruise since the Vietnam war. 🤣

• Like 1

I'm with Jacqui.  So the question for my wife and I really becomes "when can we do shore excursions on our own?" and not so much whether all have been vaccinated.  While we are both vaccinated, it's not a 100% barrier against the virus.  We need to continue to be prudent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

For me to consider booking a cruise again, I have two requirements.  

100% of crew and guests must be fully vaccinated.

Wearing of masks is not required.  

I fully support one of your requirements!  🤣

Whether or not the cruise lines require it, I can’t see many countries letting people in that aren’t vaccinated, even for the day, even on a ship excursion. Are they going to herd you around in a bubble with zero possible contact with locals?

As for New Zealand, Australia... zero chance you’ll get in at all without the vax

• Like 8