Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Another way to look at it is as a stream of constant nonsense to get our reactions -- just like 🐝 

I would like to think he's not serious.

True some people like doing that. Since the 🐝 ran out of reasons to bash Royal she hasn’t been around, at least not with the same screen name.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am sure you will be laughing when a member or your family is punched to the head and dies after telling another passenger who has been drinking all day to put their mask up over their noise. Lets pray to god something like that does not happen it could cause a lot of problems for the cruise lines and in the world if it did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, broberts said:

The pandemic is holding up the resumption of cruising. COVID is to blame.

So you trust other countries to decide on what is best for the US? 

No - my point is the vaccine is not holding up cruising. The government is holding it up.

Covid is not exiting so quick and so this is where we are at. The vaccine is a price to the puzzle but it’s not the end game we all hope it will be. That said covid is an issue and so is cruising. 

21 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Seems to be going as expected. 

Yep and the same people I've already blocked unfortunately can still be seen if they're quoted.  Always in the middle of the fray.  Apparently, nothing anybody says here can go unscathed if it doesn't agree with their agendas.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I am sure you will be laughing when a member or your family is punched to the head and dies after telling another passenger who has been drinking all day to put their mask up over their noise. Lets pray to god something like that does not happen it could cause a lot of problems for the cruise lines and in the world if it did.

Not up to me or any other passengers to police the ship and so I will mind my own business if I'm lucky enough to sail in November.  If I don't like the way things are being handled on the ship, then I can easily spend most of my time on my balcony, relaxing and playing cards with my husband.  I will be on Oasis - if there is a problem it's easy to go somewhere else away from the trouble.

But, I think the majority of people who are fortunate to sail when cruising resumes will abide by the rules - most realize what is at stake for the future of cruising.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Yep and the same people I've already blocked unfortunately can still be seen if they're quoted.  Always in the middle of the fray.  Apparently, nothing anybody says here can go unscathed if it doesn't agree with their agendas.

I'm a proud member of your "blocked" set but I'll respond anyway.  We don't post here to be in an echo chamber.  There are other places online where folks can do that.  Disagreement is not criticism or a personal attack. Thin skin seems to be an epidemic on CC these days.

• Like 3

If the answer was as simple as cruise lines requiring the vaccine and being allowed to sail, they would have done it already.  The problem is they are at the mercy of the CDC and the conditional sail order.  People say the CDC cannot require the vaccine, so instead they require a bunch of other rules and regulations that the cruise lines feel is too burdensome.  Not only that, but the CDC has been dragging their feet issuing guidance and allowing even test cruises to get going.  All the CDC rules are based on the assumption that no one is vaccinated, and even if the cruise lines did mandate the vaccine that wouldn't change the CDCs rules.  This is 100% a CDC issue, and not cruise lines trying to resist mandating vaccines.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:36 PM, ace2542 said:

They reckon the vaccine uptake figures are dropping down now. I really hope you get there but you might not. At least not without "forcing" people. If it comes to a choice between getting the vaccine and going to college or not going college at all for example what do you think people will do.

Well, from where I'm sitting, if those prospective college attendees choose not to be vaccinated, then they are not smart enough for higher education. I have a definite opinion about that.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 4/23/2021 at 6:16 PM, kearney said:

I don't see an issue with taking baby steps... start out with vaccinated people and once vaccine levels get to a critical level...then open it up to everyone.. For me the issue is that the definition of heard immunity seems to change...

Agree. At least it would get people in the industry back to work. 

4 hours ago, Stick93 said:

No - my point is the vaccine is not holding up cruising. The government is holding it up.

Pure fantasy. What I said was that COVID-19 and the world wide health emergency is holding up the resumption of US cruising.

2 hours ago, timf2001 said:

If the answer was as simple as cruise lines requiring the vaccine and being allowed to sail, they would have done it already.  The problem is they are at the mercy of the CDC and the conditional sail order.  People say the CDC cannot require the vaccine, so instead they require a bunch of other rules and regulations that the cruise lines feel is too burdensome.  Not only that, but the CDC has been dragging their feet issuing guidance and allowing even test cruises to get going.  All the CDC rules are based on the assumption that no one is vaccinated, and even if the cruise lines did mandate the vaccine that wouldn't change the CDCs rules.  This is 100% a CDC issue, and not cruise lines trying to resist mandating vaccines.

Not true.  I have seen only one cruise line (NCL) say they are going to mandate vaccines for US sailings.  Carnival Corp. has said "No" for all of their brands.  Royal is waffling on it still.  The CDC cannot mandate vaccines under an EUA, and likely won't even after final FDA approval.  They can, however, get the cruise lines to do it to get approval to sail.  But if the cruise lines won't commit, then that gets them no where.  Coupled with the misguided assertion by the Governor of Florida that his vaccine mandate ban applies to the cruise lines.

It is not entirely the CDC's fault.  They do face some blame for stalling on technical instructions, but the cruise lines have known since last October what the general requirements are under the CSO and apparently have done nothing to begin addressing those.  They chose to wait it out, I suppose hoping that the pandemic would just go away.  It hasn't.  And now they want to say the CSO is "unworkable".  The CDC's rules under the CSO may not currently incorporate the vaccines, but I trust the ongoing discussions with the cruise lines will accomplish that.  But again, if the cruise lines won't agree to a vaccine requirement, what good would it do anyway.  Vaccines do not eliminate remaining rules and regulations under the CSO, they would just become a part of them.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, CaroleSS said:

How many cases of norovirus are too many? How many cases of flu, traffic deaths, cancer, etc are "too many"? 

life is dangerous. None of us gets out alive!

I prefer not to die prematurely.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

It is not entirely the CDC's fault.  They do face some blame for stalling on technical instructions, but the cruise lines have known since last October what the general requirements are under the CSO and apparently have done nothing to begin addressing those.

You can't address requirements that have no breadth. This is all on the CDC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

You can't address requirements that have no breadth. This is all on the CDC

Have you read the CSO?  It certainly does have "breadth".  Many of the provisions are very basic.  Technical instructions, for example, are not at all necessary for the cruise lines to have entered into letters of intent with port authorities and local hospitals/medical centers/quarantine facilities with final agreements to follow.  There was certainly enough detail in the order to begin that process.  The cruise lines declined to do it.  Same with the rules on test cruises and developing and submitting health protocols for review and approval.  Not all on the CDC by any stretch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tom47 said:

DW and I are going a US river cruise in Sept with ACL   They are waiving negative Covid PCR test for all fully vaccinated pax.

Excellent! Will you have to "mask up" during the cruise?

Just now, CaroleSS said:

Excellent! Will you have to "mask up" during the cruise?

Presently, yes, but requirements are changing frequently.  By then , we may not if all pax/crew fully vaccinated(my hope).  All ships are under 250 pax and not subject to CDC rules.  They started cruising about 4 weeks ago with 1 ship and now have 6 ships cruising.