CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

On 5/2/2021 at 10:56 PM, broberts said:

Silly perhaps in the context of a single person. But the CDC is thinking about several hundreds of millions. So a .02% chance of transmission may be acceptable to you. It translates to 67,000 people from the CDC perspective.

That's one way of looking at it. Thank you. I see your point.

On 5/3/2021 at 6:52 AM, Ocean Boy said:

So it is ok to pick and choose the guidelines that you are going to follow or not. Which of the CDCs other guidelines are also similarly "quite silly"?

I have adhered to every other CDC guidance with the exception of masking outdoors when I'm no where near anyone. I have never been anywhere near a crowd outdoors so, in my mind, I have kept myself safe.

14 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Are you on facebook? There is another one thing you might enjoy if you love posting on here especially since you are from new york or close to new york and you would probably have a lot of stories to tell the younger members of the group who are in their 60s, 50s or younger about the nightlife in the city in the past. Right now they are trying to talk about GG Barnum upon whom the movie the greatest show was based.

It is called the NYC Closed Club Game. You need a facebook account to be able to join the group. It is private group not public like this.

Thank you for posting this. I may be a little old but would still like to join if thats ok.

Sidney

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not on Facebook.Thank you.

8 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

A wise move. 👍

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Neither am I.

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Me neither. (on Facebook)

I created a profile when a friend told me about FB in 2004 or 05 and was getting off of myspace

I havnt been to finish my profile since then 

I think FB is the Sith lord or the devil🤪

Edited by jonbgd
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

Thank you for posting this. I may be a little old but would still like to join if thats ok.

Sidney

I am not an admin I am just a member of the site. They should have no problem with it. Just locate it and press join group and it should be accepted. A lot of interesting stuff on their from back in the 70s 80s and 90s.

Edited by ace2542

6 hours ago, jonbgd said:

I created a profile when a friend told me about FB in 2004 or 05 and was getting off of myspace

Very creepy that myspace. Didn't the creator Tom work it so you had him as a friend if you created a profile and he had like 100 million people on his profile and I suppose he could view them all. Bit creepy that I thought.

9 hours ago, jonbgd said:

I created a Facebook page to keep up with old friends.

Sidney

I remember when Betty White hosted SNL a number of years ago. During her opening monologue, she mentioned that she finally got on Facebook. She said, and I believe this is a direct quote, "it just seems like a colossal waste of time." Yep, and the cheers she got from the audience proved how many agreed with her!

😆

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

Honestly, OUTDOORS has NEVER required a mask.

If you were/are outdoors by  your self or with just members of your household, I agree,  BUT if you are/were outdoors in a gathering with others and NOT socially distanced then you most certainly  should wear a mask.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rala said:

If you were/are outdoors by  your self or with just members of your household, I agree,  BUT if you are/were outdoors in a gathering with others and NOT socially distanced then you most certainly  should wear a mask.  

That's how my other brother contracted Covid, he went down to the volunteer fire Dept. Christmas party and someone was there without a mask on who had it, almost everybody came down with it.  Fortunately, we quarantined right away and he and SIL didn't have too bad a time with it, not so my eldest bro😪

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RFerrington said:

No FB for me, either

My Hubs and I own an IT consulting firm, he's the Guru, not me, I'm just a minority CEO  LOL.  He said from day one, "Don't get on FB"  that was almost 2 decades ago and I did have an acct but I took it down...recently they have sent me an invitation to open it again and had the nerve to say they would review my account and let me know if they approved me!  HA  I sent an answer..."Nope, I don't approve of you!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rala said:

Not around here, it's over here, cases are almost nil and besides I'm vaccinated, and unlike some others, I trust it.  I have a button now I wear that' says I've been Vx'd.

Button_ba51411a-d316-4fc2-9030-d63f80b51f82_540x.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

In my community, we all got vaccinated but still wear our masks. I think its important to keep safe.

Sidney

But you ARE safe Sidney, otherwise, why did you get it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

My Hubs and I own an IT consulting firm, he's the Guru, not me, I'm just a minority CEO  LOL.  He said from day one, "Don't get on FB"  that was almost 2 decades ago and I did have an acct but I took it down...recently they have sent me an invitation to open it again and had the nerve to say they would review my account and let me know if they approved me!  HA  I sent an answer..."Nope, I don't approve of you!"

Ugh.  I have a similar story.  I created a FB page but never used it at all.  After a few years I just closed the account.  Then suddenly, a few years later it came back to life all on its own. No idea how that happened.  I closed it again and so far, it has remained closed.

22 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Not around here, it's over here, cases are almost nil and besides I'm vaccinated, and unlike some others, I trust it.  I have a button now I wear that' says I've been Vx'd.

Button_ba51411a-d316-4fc2-9030-d63f80b51f82_540x.jpg

It was over in India too which had perhaps the best record of any big country in the world for over a year-then it wasn't. You live in a state which is 26% fully vaccinated which is 44th in the Country

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stallion said:

It was over in India too which had perhaps the best record of any big country in the world for over a year-then it wasn't. You live in a state which is 26% fully vaccinated which is 44th in the Country

Maybe you missed the part about being vaccinated...I'm not worried.  Besides, it's not a race.  You know nothing about my location anyway.  I don't live in Pulaski county which is the highest in cases in Arkansas.  We're doing just fine.

Edited by BecciBoo