Why Are Princess and HAL Advertising for Fall Cruise Dates?

guardhouse

I continue to see new advertisements for Princess and HAL for new cruise dates this fall (before November).  Why do they do this when the United States will not allow ships to depart, stop or visit U.S. ports???

Edited by guardhouse

• guardhouse changed the title to Why Are Princess and HAL Advertising for Fall Cruise Dates?
4 hours ago, TomCon said:

I thought Nov was when the one week restriction came off nd cruising in July

That's the date currently specified but also stated it's subject to change. So, it could be lifted earlier or it could be extended later. Looks like the people with money are betting it will be lifted earlier. I wonder if the bookies in the UK or Vegas are willing to take bets?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

That's the date currently specified but also stated it's subject to change. So, it could be lifted earlier or it could be extended later. Looks like the people with money are betting it will be lifted earlier. I wonder if the bookies in the UK or Vegas are willing to take bets?

I wonder what the over under would be, or would they have to call it a before or after?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tak8 said:

I'm hoping the no masks outside with vaccination is another mini step to resuming cruising.  I'll take the under.  Not by much.

Actually, it is no masks outside with vaccination unless in a crowd.

So, are there ever crowds on the outside of a Princess ship?

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

At sailaway. Sorry for the Carnival shot,safe_image.gif.a1f0d189f2dcddcf654749f20959b890.gif

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, caribill said:

The beauty is that the CDC was very vague and did not specify what constitutes a crowd.  Personally, I think they are going to go much farther in the next few months.  We are taking the granddaughters to Walt Disney World in late October and don't expect masks to be an issue at all when walking around the parks.  Follow the science!!  If only the CDC followed it instead of playing CYA medicine. 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:40 PM, guardhouse said:

I continue to see new advertisements for Princess and HAL for new cruise dates this fall (before November).  Why do they do this when the United States will not allow ships to depart, stop or visit U.S. ports???

Or in my case, why hasn't Princess cancelled my September 2021 Canada New England cruise when Canada has stated no cruise ships will be allowed into their waters through the end of 2021? 

29 minutes ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Or in my case, why hasn't Princess cancelled my September 2021 Canada New England cruise when Canada has stated no cruise ships will be allowed into their waters through the end of 2021? 

Because the situation is very fluid right now, especially with the vaccinations starting to show their effects. Even the Canadian restriction on cruise ships is not set in stone as it can be lifted earlier than its current expiration date in February of 2022. So, Princess is staying flexible and not cancelling until there's no hope.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, guardhouse said:

FYI...There has been a number of Law Suites filled against the CDC plus a judge is being asked to declare the no sail order not valid so it’s one day at a time to see if there are any changes. Because of all of this nobody knows when cruising might be allowed so the cruise lines are betting on when cruises will start. Some cruises are going to start from the Caribbean. 

Tom😀 

1 hour ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Perhaps not cancelling until after final payment date, all about the cash flow.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, trbarton said:

FYI...There has been a number of Law Suites filled against the CDC plus a judge is being asked to declare the no sail order not valid so it’s one day at a time to see if there are any changes. Because of all of this nobody knows when cruising might be allowed so the cruise lines are betting on when cruises will start. Some cruises are going to start from the Caribbean. 

Tom😀 

There is a huge difference between filing a lawsuit, and winning the lawsuit. And even if you somehow win there is an appeals process. This whole process could take years and years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I had the same thought. I know we cancelled our cruise for last summer before final payment with only a refundable deposit as I saw it could not possibly sail Princess cancelled right after final payment without penalty was due.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

There is a huge difference between filing a lawsuit, and winning the lawsuit. And even if you somehow win there is an appeals process. This whole process could take years and years.

I agree. Many people feel that if nothing else it sends a message to the CDC. Perhaps something is better than nothing. 

Tom

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I actually agree with this and it makes a lot of sense. I have my calendar marked to cancel my paid-in- full cruise a week before final payment. I may (probably will) end up losing the cruise credits I received when the original cruise was cancelled by Princess.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:30 PM, beg3yrs said:

Not yet. 

159216374_Screenshot_20210501-095956_MyStocksPortfolio.thumb.jpg.64dfdd460c9948ab1f783495a9984de8.jpg

• Like 1