Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

28 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you can see the COVID risk assessment in your medallion app, does it read exactly the way section 6a reads?  Because no one at Princess has told me that it does. 

Yes I can see it and have pasted it below. They took 6a and some other parts of the contract and made this new doc. I have to go pick up DH medicine  I’m out of time right now. 
I hope this helps you. I’m sorry you’ve been so frustrated. 

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS FOR COVID-19 

Important Notice to Guests – Please Read Carefully and Acknowledge 

GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES, UNDERSTANDS AND ACCEPTS THAT WHILE ABOARD THE VESSEL, IN TERMINALS AND BOARDING AREAS, OR DURING ACTIVITIES ASHORE AND/ OR WHILE TRAVELING TO OR FROM THE VESSEL, THE GUEST OR OTHER GUESTS MAY BE EXPOSED TO COVID-19. GUEST FURTHER UNDERSTANDS AND ACCEPTS THAT THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 IS INHERENT IN MOST ACTIVITIES WHERE PEOPLE INTERACT OR SHARE COMMON FACILITIES, IS BEYOND THE CONTROL OF PRINCESS CRUISES, AND CANNOT BE ELIMINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. GUEST KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPTS THIS RISK, INCLUDING THE RISK OF SERIOUS ILLNESS OR DEATH ARISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURE, AND/OR ALL RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER. GUEST UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT IT SHALL BE HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION ABOUT CRUISING BASED ON HIS/HER INDIVIDUAL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19. 
Princess Cruises requires all guests to undergo screening and provide specific health information relating to guest’s possible exposure to or infection with COVID-19 to determine guest’s eligibility to sail aboard the vessel. Guest hereby authorizes the release of the health information to Princess Cruises, its medical staff or consultants, contractually engaged third parties, and any required governmental or health authorities to use for COVID-19 screening and/or mitigation. Guest agrees that if at any time within 14 days prior to embarkation or at any time during the cruise Guest tests positive for COVID-19, exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, has had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or Princess Cruises otherwise determines in its sole discretion that Guest is unfit to board because of any communicable illness, Guest shall be subject to denial of boarding the Vessel, denial of re-boarding, quarantine, isolation and/or disembarkation. 

Notice to Guests Regarding Advice from U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 

The CDC cautions that any travel poses a higher risk of contracting COVID-19 and advises that travel to more than 150 countries presents a very high risk in addition to cruises.  This is especially important for people with an increased risk of severe illness, such as older adults and those with certain underlying medical conditions.  The CDC’s travel advisories, warnings and recommendations should be reviewed by guests at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship. If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected on board the vessel, the voyage will be ended, the vessel will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel home may be restricted or delayed.  Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by vessel and destination and are subject to change without notice. 

• I have read, understand, and accept the above Acceptance of Risks for COVID-19

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Magellan321 said:

Thank you Thrak! I had almost given up trying to find it!!

Don't get too excited... I deleted the app I had and then installed the  version that's now linked from the Princess site. No difference that I can see. I still can't enter the personal info or get to the COVID acceptance thing. I still get the "all hands on tech" message saying they are working on it. On the plus side, the info I had actually gotten into the old version is still there...

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Don't get too excited... I deleted the app I had and then installed the  version that's now linked from the Princess site. No difference that I can see. I still can't enter the personal info or get to the COVID acceptance thing. I still get the "all hands on tech" message saying they are working on it. On the plus side, the info I had actually gotten into the old version is still there...

Heck... at least I finally could grab it from the app store. It looks like I'll be waiting on the tech wizards... it loads.... accepts me.... but won't accept my bookings. So, fingers crossed they hire a new tech crew!

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

trying again when (if????) it's fully functioning.

How will we know when it is fully functioning unless we keep trying it.  Some people have already posted that they are happy and things work - most of us not.  What is level of herd immunity from the Princess IT team bugs?

22 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just now checked the link on the Princess site and the MC app is once again available in the Google Play Store.

Just checked and it doesn't show for me --- all it says is coming soon.  I also checked the Google Play Store and nothing there.  Happy for you, sad for me.

1 minute ago, Magellan321 said:

Heck... at least I finally could grab it from the app store. It looks like I'll be waiting on the tech wizards... it loads.... accepts me.... but won't accept my bookings. So, fingers crossed they hire a new tech crew!

Try putting your booking number all lower case. That allowed me to add my wife as a travel companion. It wouldn't take my booking in upper case (as all of their documents have it listed...)

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Try putting your booking number all lower case. That allowed me to add my wife as a travel companion. It wouldn't take my booking in upper case (as all of their documents have it listed...)

Thanks... I will give it a shot!

I tried putting in lower case for booking and then it went to the next screen where it needed name (f&l) and birth date.  Entered the info and then it told me the information does not match the records.

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Ah ha!!  The MC app did not show up when I looked in the Play Store - even after restarting my phone.  But when I used the link from Princess.com on my phone, well there it was to install. 

With 9 5* reviews from the Princess IT team members.  (At least I presume it was them reviewing it).  Sorry - 8 IT team members + John Chernesky.  LOL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Just checked and it doesn't show for me --- all it says is coming soon.  I also checked the Google Play Store and nothing there.  Happy for you, sad for me.

Use your phone browser to go to Princess.com and then find the MC app link and click there to download from the Play Store and it will find the app and download it.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Ah ha!!  The MC app did not show up when I looked in the Play Store - even after restarting my phone.  But when I used the link from Princess.com on my phone, well there it was to install. 

With 9 5* reviews from the Princess IT team members.  (At least I presume it was them reviewing it).  Sorry - 8 IT team members + John Chernesky.  LOL.

Where in Princess.com did you find the link? 

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The reviews seem to be from the same day...

The app now says it will work with Android 8 and above...

image.png.139212a06cc6ff2545d98e6ad9957d60.png

• Like 1

Is this too good to be true???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have downloaded MC app again (using a link from Princess.com) and the darn thing appears to be working for DMW!!

Now, I had been in before the weekend and had setup dining for 2 for our full cruise.  I think it was the last thing I could do before crash.  Never was able to get friends included.

Just now, I can book for four of us, but bad thing is that old res is still there - perhaps it was a Princess default.  No matter - I have to go through 26!!! nights and delete it.  Setting up the res for all nights is a one-stepper, but I do not see a cancel for all nights.  That ought to be an enhancement, but for now I will take basic functionality as promised.  

Back to work no and will report later.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Is this too good to be true???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have downloaded MC app again (using a link from Princess.com) and the darn thing appears to be working for DMW!!

Now, I had been in before the weekend and had setup dining for 2 for our full cruise.  I think it was the last thing I could do before crash.  Never was able to get friends included.

Just now, I can book for four of us, but bad thing is that old res is still there - perhaps it was a Princess default.  No matter - I have to go through 26!!! nights and delete it.  Setting up the res for all nights is a one-stepper, but I do not see a cancel for all nights.  That ought to be an enhancement, but for now I will take basic functionality as promised.  

Back to work no and will report later.

Question: I used the web site MC link to the Play Store and the message I got when I requested install was that the app would be delivered to my phone "soon." Any idea how long "soon" is?

1 minute ago, joepeka said:

Question: I used the web site MC link to the Play Store and the message I got when I requested install was that the app would be delivered to my phone "soon." Any idea how long "soon" is?

No idea.  Worked for me.  You were on Princess.com using your phone, right?

Edited by Steelers36

50 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Yes I can see it and have pasted it below. They took 6a and some other parts of the contract and made this new doc. I have to go pick up DH medicine  I’m out of time right now. 
I hope this helps you. I’m sorry you’ve been so frustrated. 

Many, many thanks for your assistance. THIS is what I have been searching for. 

Just got off the phone with Customer Relations (they  called me this time). They were assured it was all fixed for iPhones with this morning’s update. With her on the phone I deleted and reinstalled the app, and was able to tell her it definitely is not fixed. She is going to relay this info back to the technical team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

No idea.  Worked for me.  You were on Princess.com using your phone, right?

I actually did it from a browser on my desktop - the Play Store knew about my phone model (saying it was available), and only said it would be delivered to my device soon. If it never shows up, guess I'll try it from a browser on my phone. 

1 minute ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Many, many thanks for your assistance. THIS is what I have been searching for. 

Just got off the phone with Customer Relations (they  called me this time). They were assured it was all fixed for iPhones with this morning’s update. With her on the phone I deleted and reinstalled the app, and was able to tell her it definitely is not fixed. She is going to relay this info back to the technical team. 

It's available again for Android and I can't get to that info either.

Just now, joepeka said:

I actually did it from a browser on my desktop - the Play Store knew about my phone model (saying it was available), and only said it would be delivered to my device soon. If it never shows up, guess I'll try it from a browser on my phone. 

I did it from my laptop as well. It took a minute or so and then was on the phone.

Not being terribly smart phone "smart", is there a way in the app to determine what version of it you have installed? If the app updates silently, I wouldn't necessarily know it happened unless I looked at the version number.

Edit: Never mind, I found it through the OS apps listing on the phone.

Edited by joepeka