Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

Strange - I logged into the Medallion App and it has a new look. PLUS I was just able to complete the Medallion order for our upcoming July 5, 2021 cruise. I highly doubt that it will sail, but...weird, right? Wishful thinking? 🤔 

• Like 2

Hi there,

I also read about Princess rolling out changes to their apps on this forum, but I just logged on to my app and don't see any changes? Were you asked to update the app? I wasn't prompted to do so on my phone. Please share with us if there's anything new or interesting that you see.

5 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I have two aps on my phone:  Medallion and OceanReady.  Which is the current one???

MedallionClass App. I am taking screen shots now. I'll post in a bit. My phone automatically updates so I am not sure when it updated. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

8 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Hi there,

I also read about Princess rolling out changes to their apps on this forum, but I just logged on to my app and don't see any changes? Were you asked to update the app? I wasn't prompted to do so on my phone. Please share with us if there's anything new or interesting that you see.

See post above ☝️

9 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

See post above ☝️

Thanks a bunch. Wow this is definitely a new look. The real test will have to be seeing if the tech gremlins have been neutralized.

Did you find any troubles confirming the Medallion order? Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Thanks a bunch. Wow this is definitely a new look. The real test will have to be seeing if the tech gremlins have been neutralized.

Did you find any troubles confirming the Medallion order? Thanks in advance.

Not until I got to the last step - selecting a boarding time. My guess is the July cruise is not going to happen which is why I cannot select anything. 

16 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Not until I got to the last step - selecting a boarding time. My guess is the July cruise is not going to happen which is why I cannot select anything. 

We cannot select an arrival or departure group for our July 31st UK Seacation on Regal Princess either - and that should be going ahead.

• Like 3

Another new option is the that you can order the normal medallion, or a customized medallion for $5.

Choices include your "tagalong" art, birthstone, national flag, zodiac sign, or celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries.

• Like 1

First time Medallion cruise.  I downloaded the app and then started to fill in everything.  I was "hoping" everything would transfer from Personalizer....nope.

Then I tried to order my medallion......long, long, long lag times.  First few times I tried, and gave up.  Then I had more time on my hands and tried again.  Still long lag time, but it opened up information pages.  

My cruise is later in the year.  I did order my medallion.  Will it be mailed sooner or later (closer to the cruise)?  Will it have a lost finder since I might just misplace it from now till then (lol).

I saw the shoreside pay and not sure this is something I would like my medallion to do.  Would it be for select (Princess chosen stores)?????  Looking forward to testing out this technology.  I was on three ships pre-Covid that "was suppose" to be Medallion, but wasn't.

8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Will it be mailed sooner or later (closer to the cruise)?  

Email from Princess once my order was placed:

Your OceanMedallion order for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass vacation has been received.

You requested to have your order shipped to your home. Your Medallion® devices and any products you ordered will be shipped 10 to 20 days before your Princess MedallionClass vacation. Please be sure to wear your Medallion® device to your port of embarkation to allow for an expedited, contactless arrival experience.

We will send a follow up email to notify you when your order is being shipped. Please note that taxes and fees are estimates and will be finalized at the time of shipment, when you will receive your transaction receipt.

Please save your order number for future reference. We hope you enjoy your fabulous MedallionClass vacation.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Thanks 1

I updated last night to the improved MedallionClass app for my iPad however my iPhone version in the App Store isn’t available yet...anyone had any luck with an iPhone? I have the latest iOS on both devices.

No problems ordering the Medallion for October but it appears the previous lanyard & rectangular plastic holder is no longer included. We didn’t use them & didn’t see a lot of passengers using it either. We bought aftermarket clips through Amazon which worked well for us.

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

4 hours ago, dides said:

We cannot select an arrival or departure group for our July 31st UK Seacation on Regal Princess either - and that should be going ahead.

That wasn’t available for any of our future cruises & always received this notification...

29CDB01F-F61A-48F3-AA0D-D995BB25BB58.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That wasn’t available for any of our future cruises & always received this notification...

29CDB01F-F61A-48F3-AA0D-D995BB25BB58.jpeg

Same here. I’ll give it some time but again, I highly doubt our July cruise is a go. Ones form the UK should be, though.