Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

Well, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  HOWEVER, nothing is working properly.  I have used the app on past cruises and no problems.  Even uninstalled and reinstalled it on my tablet and have problems.  Can't due it today but looks I am gonna have to call Princess.  Ugh!

Just now, Loretta_Thomas said:

Trying this way and it just will not install, cannot find it in the store on my phone. 

I did it from the computer. I knows my phone is compatible (and also knows my tablet isn't) and I just said to install. It took a minute or two but then the app was on my phone.

Just now, Jimmys Chippy said:

We’ve finally got the app to appear on my iPhone and Mrs Chippy’s Android, new problem is that her account won’t take the booking reference and any details of her on my phone now see her named as “undefined”.

If you are trying to use your booking number try it all lower case. That worked to add my wife.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Many, many thanks for your assistance. THIS is what I have been searching for. 

Just got off the phone with Customer Relations (they  called me this time). They were assured it was all fixed for iPhones with this morning’s update. With her on the phone I deleted and reinstalled the app, and was able to tell her it definitely is not fixed. She is going to relay this info back to the technical team. 

I am glad this is what you wanted.  I am using an iPhone 11 pro max with IOS 14.5.1 and an iPad Air 2 iPadOS 14.5.1 in case that is of interest.  The medallion ap is working perfectly for me (I am so sorry for all who are having such frustrations).  I will say it loads really slooooooooow.  I literally will walk away and come back.  Slow like dial up slow sometimes.  

FWIW I think these early sailings will be the safest.  For one we know that the vast majority will vaccinated.  Two our own immune systems are at their peak and work well against all known variants- including the new one from India.  Three there will be extra care taken not to crowd us- only one ship in Seattle per day (at least trough most of August), only one ship in each port per day (they aren't mixing PAX from different ships to start) and I while I do not know what the capacity is that they are running at, I would bet dollars to donuts that it is reduced by enough to make the required distancing more attainable.  

Whatever you decide, I hope you now have the information you need to make an informed decision.

Happy sailing!

20 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Whatever you decide, I hope you now have the information you need to make an informed decision.

Happy sailing!

Princess owes you a commission check. Really. Between your information about the risk assessment and the nice call back from Princess Customer Relations at least acknowledging that the app wasn’t working for me, we just made final payment. A bit of a risk in some senses, but, as you said, less of one in others and what better time to visit Alaska. 

FWIW, I have an iPhone Xs running iOS 14.6 and an iPad Air2 running the same. I have the same issue on both devices. I have never before traveled on a Medallion Class cruise or used the app, which, frankly, I think is part of my issue, though it shouldn’t be. 

16 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I have never before traveled on a Medallion Class cruise or used the app, which, frankly, I think is part of my issue, though it shouldn’t be. 

We’ve been on 3 MC cruises & after the new app eliminates the glitches it should be a much more functional & useful app than before.

Hopefully it’ll be working well for you soon before your upcoming cruise. On our MC cruises everyone got a free drink of their choice delivered to them when ordering through OceanNow. Hopefully that’ll continue after the pauses & dealing with the MC app…think that everyone could use a free drink after boarding the ship. ☺️

They need to release their promised simple & easy to use tutorial with step-by-step slides. Although that probably won’t be beneficial until the app works as described in a tutorial.

I have just sent a lengthy email along with a description and screen shots of every issue that I am experiencing with the app to the Ocean Medallion team at Carnival.  I was thinking that perhaps I should have copied in Princess Customer Service but will give them a chance to respond first.  Will share anything I hear back.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

We'll will be on, I hope, the same 8/8/21 Alaskan Cruise. Cruise has been paid in full. Have tried for the last two weeks to access the MedallionClass App which I have repeatedly added, deleted, added to my iPhone but whenever I attempted to log in on the app with either E-mail address or booking number, the screen flips me out or goes blank. Just called Medallion Support, again, and was told: "WE'RE WORKING ON IT, TRY AGAIN LATER." Maybe I'll try again, next month!!

Well if they don't get it fixed by cruise time, we can have fun playing games in the Seattle terminal. I wonder if Princess would give us deck of cards at low, low price - you know the cost of a 7 day Alaskan cruise.

• Haha 1

Thanks for sending off an email.  They should be aware that their MC is not easy for their passengers to do.  If no one complaints, they think everything is fine.  Not everyone has a smart phone, older generation on Princess

Edited by phabric
  • Like 3

Well, this is huge (at least for me, but hopefully for some of you, too). Deanne in Princess Customer Service just phoned me back and told me to try the Medallion App again. I didn’t have to delete and re-install it, I simply used the same version I insralled when I was working with her earlier today and then it didn’t work at all for me.

Now it works fine. I am getting all the functionality some of you have been talking about for weeks. I can upload passports, look at dining, upload profile and security pics…everything. While, at least everything I have tried to do so far. Again, this is the same version that didn’t work a few hours ago. Deanne said she contacted someone on the technical team who apparently fixed my booking, which is where the issue was (and may be where the issue is for some of you, also). I could have tried until we were leaving for the ship and not gotten anywhere but contacting the right person finally got it fixed. Please keep in mind that I have an iPhone, and I can’t talk to functionality on any other platform. 

I started this morning with the Ocean 800 number above, who immediately transferred me to Customer Service, and, fortunately, got someone really good (and nice) today. She didn’t fix it herself but knew how to reach someone who apparently did.

Many thanks to all on here who commiserated and offered suggestions (some multiple times). Y’all are the best, and I hope everyone else can ultimately get a resolution, too.  

• Like 4

Well, this is huge (at least for me, but hopefully for some of you, too). Deanne in Princess Customer Service just phoned me back and told me to try the Medallion App again. I didn’t have to delete and re-install it, I simply used the same version I insralled when I was working with her earlier today and then it didn’t work at all for me.

Now it works fine. I am getting all the functionality some of you have been talking about for weeks. I can upload passports, look at dining, upload profile and security pics…everything. While, at least everything I have tried to do so far. Again, this is the same version that didn’t work a few hours ago. Deanne said she contacted someone on the technical team who apparently fixed my booking, which is where the issue was (and may be where the issue is for some of you, also). I could have tried until we were leaving for the ship and not gotten anywhere but contacting the right person finally got it fixed. Please keep in mind that I have an iPhone, and I can’t talk to functionality on any other platform. 

I started this morning with the Ocean 800 number above, who immediately transferred me to Customer Service, and, fortunately, got someone really good (and nice) today. She didn’t fix it herself but knew how to reach someone who apparently did.

Many thanks to all on here who commiserated and offered suggestions (some multiple times). Y’all are the best, and I hope everyone else can ultimately get a resolution, too.  

So good to hear that you are all set and that you will still be onboard for our Alaska cruise!

Not so good is if there are booking-specific issues.  That does not bode well for the app if Princess has to intervene if a lot of these issues crop up, and from the sounds of things there are quite a few.

If I don't hear back on my email to the OM team, I will certainly take the approach you did.  I called the number roughly three weeks ago and they really weren't concerned about issues at that point.  I am glad they are now.

• Like 1

Now it works fine. I am getting all the functionality some of you have been talking about for weeks. I can upload passports, look at dining, upload profile and security pics…everything. While, at least everything I have tried to do so far. Again, this is the same version that didn’t work a few hours ago.

Wahoo! Very happy for you. It's really great that someone finally got you working. It still doesn't work for me but it's not a big deal as I have plenty of time before my cruise and I feel confident they'll get things squared away by then. I keep checking to see if it suddenly works but it's not imperative at this point. It seems many folks are really concerned about the DMW feature. That seems to "mostly" work for me but isn't something that seems really important. I'm just waiting for them to be able to take personal info. Of course, while the thing is so glitchy I don't know that I really want to put in my passport info at this time anyway. 🙄 Glad you got it straightened out. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

Question:  I "think" there are two places for a photo. I can see the spot for a "Profile Photo" but believe there should also be a spot for a "Security Photo". Is the security photo input located in the Personal Information section? (The part I can't access at this time...)

I believe I have read in the past that there are the two photos and the Security Photo is to identify you when boarding and such but the Profile Photo can be anything you like such as your pet, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.  Is this correct?  (I wouldn't want to submit some spurious pic as a profile pic and then find out it's supposed to be used for ID when boarding.)

Another Question: What does the "Blue Line" arrival status mean?

Edited by Thrak

30 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Question:  I "think" there are two places for a photo. I can see the spot for a "Profile Photo" but believe there should also be a spot for a "Security Photo". Is the security photo input located in the Personal Information section? (The part I can't access at this time...)

I believe I have read in the past that there are the two photos and the Security Photo is to identify you when boarding and such but the Profile Photo can be anything you like such as your pet, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.  Is this correct?  (I wouldn't want to submit some spurious pic as a profile pic and then find out it's supposed to be used for ID when boarding.)

In addition, what does "Green Line" arrival status mean? That is what is showing for us on the MC app.

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

What was the problem with your booking (if you don't mind me asking.)  I am having an issue with the app recognizing a rebook that Princess did (moved me from one cruise to another with just a day later start.)  Anything like what you had?

25 minutes ago, joepeka said:

In addition, what does "Green Line" arrival status mean? That is what is showing for us on the MC app.

Me too…guessing it means we’ve completed the first 3 available Travel Checklist sections? The other 2 aren’t available yet…Arrival & Departure Groups and Health Status.

9 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Me too…guessing it means we’ve completed the first 3 available Travel Checklist sections? The other 2 aren’t available yet…Arrival & Departure Groups and Health Status.

Same here, so I think you're correct. 👍

17 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

What was the problem with your booking (if you don't mind me asking.)  I am having an issue with the app recognizing a rebook that Princess did (moved me from one cruise to another with just a day later start.)  Anything like what you had?

Sorry, I really don’t know. I do remember that I had originally booked this cruise and the one just  before it because we weren’t certain which date was going to work for us, but never even put a deposit on the earlier one. It hasn’t appeared in my Captains Circle account for quite a while, but was still showing up in the Medallion App (I think I even mentioned it on this thread). But the app lacked the functionality when that booking still showed up and also when it finally disappeared. 

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

What appeared in our security photo in the new app was the one that security took when we boarded our last Ocean Medallion Cruise.  The general photo that we entered a couple of years ago also carried over. My DH's has him with a monkey on his shoulder and mine is one of me in a silly tiara for a milestone birthday celebration.

As for the colors, one of my future cruises is green lane and that one has the 3 steps checked in green.  So I assume that the app is happy with whatever is entered there.  For my other 3 cruises only the step for the ordering of the Medallion is checked and those are all blue lane.  Even though I had entered identical information into the Cruise Personalizer for all 4 cruises and it's not obvious what the app is looking for to move me to the green lane.

Hoping they do actually provide a guide as promised so we can stop guessing about all this stuff.