Beyond Pricing is Beyond!

MarkWiltonM

I just did a quick price check for an 8-night Caribbean cruise in December 2022 on the Beyond in Concierge class. It was $866 a night for 2 people! I've spent less on Crystal. I currently have cruises scheduled for Equinox and Millennium in Concierge class. Those are, respectively, $432 and $493 a night for 2 people, both with free drinks, WiFi, and gratuities (but reservations were made before the advent of "Always Included"). My spouse won't sail on Edge class anyway because he doesn't like the so-called infinite verandas so it's moot for us, but the inflation is alarming.

Edited by MarkWiltonM
clarity

• MarkWiltonM changed the title to Beyond Pricing is Beyond!

So not quite apples to apples comparison, but quite similar;

Apex, currently booked - Oct 5 - 17, 2022 Celebrity Suite, Med, Israel, Greece, $18,267

Beyond - Oct 12 - 24, 2022 Celebrity Suite, TA, $22,584 (did not book this, was just curious)

Aren't new builds/new releases typically high for a few weeks then they come down to more 'normal' levels? Aside from that, entering the post-COVID world, I'm not sure it's worth comparing what you paid pre-COVID. Profit is the #1 priority now and will be for a long time coming. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, paulh84 said:

Aren't new builds/new releases typically high for a few weeks then they come down to more 'normal' levels? Aside from that, entering the post-COVID world, I'm not sure it's worth comparing what you paid pre-COVID. Profit is the #1 priority now and will be for a long time coming. 

And I will be "beyond" happy to stay with the 2 Apex cruises I have in 2022

10 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

If I remember correctly Edge pricing went up after the initial opening reservation period.

We just booked a SV on the October TA from Barcelona.  Prices are higher than when the Edge was announced and we booked a A2 with beverage package and $300 OBC at $520 per night.  The SV with AI is $540 per night, so not AQ but a real balcony and 4 MDRs that get great reviews.  We are looking forward to seeing the changes.

4 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I just did a quick price check for an 8-night Caribbean cruise in December 2022 on the Beyond in Concierge class. It was $866 a night for 2 people! I've spent less on Crystal. I currently have cruises scheduled for Equinox and Millennium in Concierge class. Those are, respectively, $432 and $493 a night for 2 people, both with free drinks, WiFi, and gratuities (but reservations were made before the advent of "Always Included"). My spouse won't sail on Edge class anyway because he doesn't like the so-called infinite verandas so it's moot for us, but the inflation is alarming.

Curious as to why you priced a Concierge Class which have the IV vs a Sunset Veranda which has a traditional balcony and is at least $456 pp less.  

We don’t hate the IV but prefer a real balcony so when we booked we didn’t consider CC or AQ.

• Like 1

If Celebrity can get those fares, they are marketing geniuses.   If they can fill cabins charging high prices, good for them.  Eventually supply and demand will dictate what fares will sell cabins.  Add all the restrictions associated with the pandemic, Celebrity fares seem very ambitious.  Higher fares could push the potential guests toward other vacation options.  If they opt to sail on a different line, they may never return to Celebrity. Only time will tell.  

pricing will stabilize  eventually.

Prices always fluctuate.

i usually get my price adjusted no fewer than 3 times before sailing. Book early to get preferred cabin, then watch for price declines.....very happy with this process.

I am also not interested in the newer ships due to the infinite verandas,

JMHO

1 hour ago, highway180 said:

I am also not interested in the newer ships due to the infinite verandas

We booked SV on the Edge for that reason and comparable to aft C1 we usually book....haven't experienced IV so can't comment...but I sail to enjoy an outside balcony, not a large window opening inside my cabin.

Edited by Oceangoer2

15 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Yup. I looked at a Celebrity Suite for 14 nights in the Caribbean in January and it was like $30K for two people. Yikes!

Yes and you can enjoy the exact same suite benefits in a Sky Suite.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

If I remember correctly Edge pricing went up after the initial opening reservation period.

We booked a Celebrity Suite on Edge on the first day it was open for booking March 13, 2017.  Our cruise was on Jan 20, 2019.   It was $3799 pp with all 4 perks (including $300 OBC).  Those were the days!!😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

Curious as to why you priced a Concierge Class which have the IV vs a Sunset Veranda which has a traditional balcony and is at least $456 pp less.  

We don’t hate the IV but prefer a real balcony so when we booked we didn’t consider CC or AQ.

Exactly...

16 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Profit has always been the #1 priority but I understand your point.

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I guess I have a picky partner. We booked a cruise last year for Apex in January 2022 (which we have since canceled) and I originally booked a sunset veranda but my partner didn't like the "porthole" opening. He felt it was a restricted view. So I switched to an infinite veranda. He wasn't sure about that either so we canceled that and we booked a cruise on the Millennium, which we know we like.

For anyone who has cruised with the sunset veranda, tell me if the veranda/view is comparable to the verandas on the Solstice and M class ships. Or maybe you like even better?

36 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I guess I have a picky partner. We booked a cruise last year for Apex in January 2022 (which we have since canceled) and I originally booked a sunset veranda but my partner didn't like the "porthole" opening. He felt it was a restricted view. So I switched to an infinite veranda. He wasn't sure about that either so we canceled that and we booked a cruise on the Millennium, which we know we like.

For anyone who has cruised with the sunset veranda, tell me if the veranda/view is comparable to the verandas on the Solstice and M class ships. Or maybe you like even better?

The Sunset Verandas don’t have a porthole opening, they have a oversized veranda  and are aft facing with great views of the wake.  I think you must have looked at the P2 category- Deluxe Porthole View Stateroom with veranda.  
check out the Sunset Verandas, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Here is 1 of a number of photos of the balcony on line.

image.jpeg.20a0cde759629bb9816730617fabdb77.jpeg

Edited by jelayne
Addition

42 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I'm a little confused about your description of a “porthole” in a Sunset Verandah cabin. The Sunset Verandahs have floor to ceiling sliding glass doors, no portholes.

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The Sunset Verandas don’t have a porthole opening, they have a oversized veranda  and are aft facing with great views of the wake.  I think you must have looked at the P2 category- Deluxe Porthole View Stateroom with veranda.  
check out the Sunset Verandas, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Here is 1 of a number of photos of the balcony on line.

image.jpeg.20a0cde759629bb9816730617fabdb77.jpeg

You beat me to it. 😊

This is a photo of the Porthole view stateroom.

image.jpeg.24610e7ba853380b28965db981182e5d.jpeg

Edited by C-Dragons