CCL Stock Today

elcuchio24

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I bought Carnival last year at $27 and my intention was just to buy 100 shares for the OBC.  But man, I realized flipping was a great opportunity and caught the trading bug.  Even if you don't think the stock will be at $50 a couple of years from now, the fluctuation makes it profitable for trading. I also bought when it was a little over $8 and as high as $30 and still managed to make a nice profit flipping it for the past year.  If I had just stuck with my original 100 shares, I would have missed out on all of the fun.  This was the only good side to the pandemic, trading the travel stocks.

Agree with you and keep saying it's in a trading range. Good for you! I kinda stopped trading due to my record keeping. And taxes lol. Moved into dividend stocks. But good to see someone who is making money on ccl. 

I'm a trader at heart.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I didnt buy at 9 but bought. How do you know when I bought ..though I went on record in dec that I sold all but 100 shares. Dont put words in my mouth if you cant back them up. 

You bought ccl and I bought ccl and oils. Sold ccl, kept the oils because they will turn around first and still pay dividends. Each to his own. 

As far as the headwinds to 50 posted above...someone says maybe in 12 months add back the dividend when the ceo says will take 2023 to turn around. They wouldnt add back a dividend to a company losing money. 

Lots made money at the bottom of the market, throw a dart gun. Going forward is the question. Tbh bought a ton of ccl, sold and bought a florida oceanfront condo so the money is spent. Would I buy now is the question. Possibly i warned at the bottom idk, i was in big and said so. Catching a falling knife is always tricky to time the bottom. 

The path is a lot clearer today. Ccl will be paying out those 600 obc into 2023 and giving away profits is what I dont like now. I suspect that's why ccl ceo says will take into 2023 to turn around.

Not trying to put words in your mouth. But I think you will agree you have been more pessimistic on the stock in the past 6 months. I still love it over the next 24 months...again, find it difficult in this environment to say a stock trading at $27 today with literally no revenue in the past 12 months will be worth LESS a year from now. Forget about traditional valuations. 

A once every 25 year market this past year. Great time to take advantage, and tourism, and cruise specific have preformed unbelievably. 

But as always, keep your head on a swivel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Agree with you and keep saying it's in a trading range. Good for you! I kinda stopped trading due to my record keeping. And taxes lol. Moved into dividend stocks. But good to see someone who is making money on ccl. 

I'm a trader at heart.

I knew nothing about trading before buying 100 shares of Carnival in March of last year.  I always thought it would be too confusing or would take an enormous amount of research.  However, I worked in accounting for years and math was always an easy subject. After watching my Carnival stock and looking at the other travel stocks, something clicked in my head and I slowly entered the market with other travel stocks.  I've got time to watch them all day long, so that helps.  Plus, to me it's a lot of fun. 

Congratulations on your condo!  I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.  Someday, we hope to move to Florida.  We really like cruising out of Port Canaveral.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2021 at 5:38 PM, TNcruising02 said:

After watching my Carnival stock and looking at the other travel stocks, something clicked in my head and I slowly entered the market with other travel stocks. 

I have owned CCL for ten plus years and just bought NCLH yesterday.   I feel the travel industry will make a triumphant return.  

• Like 4

On 4/29/2021 at 6:15 PM, elcuchio24 said:

Even though its pretty flat today even around some great industry news, just ike to point out to all the 'get ready for bankruptcy' people---the stock is up roughly 300% from a year ago. 300.

Still a good time to buy even today, if you're looking for the shares for OBC benefit. 

I’m kicking myself for not buying last year! How much OBC is paid per cruise? Does it vary by length of cruise and is it the same amount for each cruise line in the Carnival group ?

I have 2 P&O and - 1 Carnival cruise booked over the next 18 months so far 😊

5 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

I’m kicking myself for not buying last year! How much OBC is paid per cruise? Does it vary by length of cruise and is it the same amount for each cruise line in the Carnival group ?

It's the same for all carnival brands. You need 100 shares, and stays the same no matter how much you own. Short cruises are 50, week long cruises are 100. I dont do many longer cruises so not sure where the break is, 10 or 14 days for more. Only the 3 amounts based on length. 

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's the same for all carnival brands. You need 100 shares, and stays the same no matter how much you own. Short cruises are 50, week long cruises are 100. I dont do many longer cruises so not sure where the break is, 10 or 14 days for more. Only the 3 amounts based on length. 

Thank you for replying. We tend to do longer cruises. The 3 we have booked are 14,13 & 13 nights. I think that’s more of a Uk thing as we tend to get more paid vacation than in the USA. 

1 hour ago, Tracyjj0 said:

Thank you for replying. We tend to do longer cruises. The 3 we have booked are 14,13 & 13 nights. I think that’s more of a Uk thing as we tend to get more paid vacation than in the USA. 

I'm not 100% positive but isnt CUK the British version of carnival?

Never completely understood why it trades under both ticker symbols.

20210501_161548501.jpeg

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm also not sure where the break is, but I think it is 14 days. Longer cruises get $250 OBC.

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I'm also not sure where the break is, but I think it is 14 days. Longer cruises get $250 OBC.

Also booking two 7 day cruises back to back they will credit $250 total obc. $100 for the first half and $150 for the second.

15 hours ago, tree.critter said:

Also booking two 7 day cruises back to back they will credit $250 total obc. $100 for the first half and $150 for the second.

I wonder when this started?  We have done several B2B cruises and never gotten more than $100 per leg.  We always try to do B2B because it’s more cost effective for airfare and hotels.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tree.critter said:

I've done 3 b2b on carnival and never once got 250. They said each was individual and I got 100 for each. First I ever read someone convinced them to give 250. I'll have to push harder next time.

• Thanks 1

2nd time ccl has broken below support. Chart wise. Let's hope market turns around tomorrow or support levels might be lower. 

Where are the cheerleaders today saying I was wrong to be negative on buying long term near 28 or even 29. Investors moving to value stocks with low pe. Told ya there would be cheaper entry pts.

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

2nd time ccl has broken below support. Chart wise. Let's hope market turns around tomorrow or support levels might be lower. 

Where are the cheerleaders today saying I was wrong to be negative on buying long term near 28 or even 29. Investors moving to value stocks with low pe. Told ya there would be cheaper entry pts.

Looks like it could drop to $23.58 to get a 38% retracement of the run since the end of October. Volume is weak though.

• Thanks 1

Today is a market sell off because of remarks by Treasury Secretary Yellen that interest rates may have to rise. Imagine if rates do rise? Government is dumping buckets of cash into pockets at full throttle, and now wants use interest rates to stomp on the brakes with both feet. 

Today Biden wants to raise the Estate tax from  35% to 61% by eliminating the step up in basis for heirs. 

What is an investor to do? 

Sell and sit with cash while interest rates, inflation, and taxes ravish equities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, firefly333 said:

I'm not 100% positive but isnt CUK the British version of carnival?

Never completely understood why it trades under both ticker symbols.

20210501_161548501.jpeg

The following has a pretty good explanation as to CUK vs CCL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/04/15/why-does-carnival-have-2-stocks-and-which-is-the-b.aspx

38 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Today is a market sell off because of remarks by Treasury Secretary Yellen that interest rates may have to rise. Imagine if rates do rise? Government is dumping buckets of cash into pockets at full throttle, and now wants use interest rates to stomp on the brakes with both feet. 

Today Biden wants to raise the Estate tax from  35% to 61% by eliminating the step up in basis for heirs. 

What is an investor to do? 

Sell and sit with cash while interest rates, inflation, and taxes ravish equities. 

Last 2 months been a flight to safety. VZ Berkshire bought at 53 as a 5G play typical. Low pe, high dividend and in right sector. Not a lot of stock price growth with such a high dividend. Dont own it but good example. 

Oil is rising, low pe, high dividend. Berkshire also announced a month or 2 ago he bought cvx, chevron

Sells are for example Kroger went to a sell today. Corn at high since 2013, margins squeezed. Food up about 3.5% year over year. Not bad yet, but a worry. Corn is 10% to 20% of gasoline summer blends.

Yes Janet said the obvious that if inflation heats up rates might have to rise. Flight to safety was already in progress, just sped up today.

On 4/29/2021 at 5:00 PM, elcuchio24 said:

you are living in a logical, but outdated investment world. There has been more new money pressed into the market in the past 5 months than the past 12 YEARS. Check out that stat. The traditional P/E is no longer one you can compare to, nor is EPS. The people pressing money in right now dont even know what dilution is. Is that good? probably not. But, who cares, use it to profit. 

There will be sizable pops on reopen and again on earnings. I'm sitting on a 'boatload' of cruise stock and not intentions to even consider selling for likely another year unless things pivot significantly. 

I came to post this too. All of these people posting professional economic opinions. Meanwhile, one of the hottest investments at the moment is a coin with a doge on it. Carnival didn't climb 300%  in a year be cause they had strong results to show.

If this is the price without any revenue coming in, I find it hard to believe that it would go anywhere but up when they sail again. Hype does a lot. You don't even have to show "back to regular" or even "full capacity". What if they can tell the story that the inefficient ships are gone? That the prices have went up 50 or even 100%? If they can show any improvements, while proving that they can safely operate again, it's even a good buy at today's prices.

My only regret for my travel stocks this past year, is that I didn't get more of them. People panicked as they usually do. Us who know better, win big.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, Tracyjj0 said:

It varies with length of cruise and also the currency of the brand - it could be USD, Euros, Pounds....

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

31 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I came to post this too. All of these people posting professional economic opinions. Meanwhile, one of the hottest investments at the moment is a coin with a doge on it. Carnival didn't climb 300%  in a year be cause they had strong results to show.

My only regret for my travel stocks this past year,

Crypto stocks or currencies a whole different ball game. I was trying to stay relevant to ccl.

Most dont know millions are being made buying and selling virtual land and real estate. Take a look at sandbox or decentraland. Is it at a bubble as some think?

At the bottom you could have thrown a dart and a lot of stocks hit bottom. If you picked the exact bottom good for you.. 

I dont really see your plan going forward? Holding a lot of ccl or you say travel stocks?  I agree hopefully a pop when it is actually announced they will resume. Agree. What then?

I always have a long term reason to hold. Pays a good dividend a big one with me since I love off myndividends. You say old time analysis out the window ... but there is some going on. Charts are charts. Berkshire is conservative but listen to all input. Can follow or not. 

Crypto is crazy. 

2 hours ago, Moviela said:

You mean "ravage"?  Ravish can have two meanings, but I don't think you would use either there.  At least I hope not unless you mean a woman named "Equities"?  😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

If this is the price without any revenue coming in, I find it hard to believe that it would go anywhere but up when they sail again. Hype does a lot. You don't even have to show "back to regular" or even "full capacity". What if they can tell the story that the inefficient ships are gone? That the prices have went up 50 or even 100%? If they can show any improvements, while proving that they can safely operate again, it's even a good buy at today's prices.

My only regret for my travel stocks this past year, is that I didn't get more of them. People panicked as they usually do. Us who know better, win big.

10000%. People are living in the past as far as valuation metrix go. All that matters is who makes money and who doest. Way to be nimble!

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Crypto stocks or currencies a whole different ball game. I was trying to stay relevant to ccl.

Most dont know millions are being made buying and selling virtual land and real estate. Take a look at sandbox or decentraland. Is it at a bubble as some think?

At the bottom you could have thrown a dart and a lot of stocks hit bottom. If you picked the exact bottom good for you.. 

I dont really see your plan going forward? Holding a lot of ccl or you say travel stocks?  I agree hopefully a pop when it is actually announced they will resume. Agree. What then?

I always have a long term reason to hold. Pays a good dividend a big one with me since I love off myndividends. You say old time analysis out the window ... but there is some going on. Charts are charts. Berkshire is conservative but listen to all input. Can follow or not. 

Crypto is crazy. 

Honestly I would like to see A.--restart to operations (obviously) and B. first quarter earnings report once operations resume. Not saying I would necessarily sell at that point, but I think that's a good time to sit down and review your horizon to hold/sell. 

Certainly respect Berkshire, but also need to face the reality that they sat on a massive stockpile of cash when the market hit the bottom and never made a move, when they should have. 

Cramer just put out a list of Div stocks that are back up and running, and increasing. You have probably already seen it but if not, worth a look.