Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

This app is the worst! All of our info was in, ready to go but DMW and health weren’t showing up. On recommendation from posts in this forum, I deleted and reinstalled the app and everything worked perfectly for about an hour. Logged out and logged back in later to make dinner reservations only to find that most of my info is missing. When I attempt to re-enter, pages hang or worse, the White Screen of Death appears. 

This is our first cruise and we’re leaving from Seattle on 8/8. I wish I could believe that this will be sorted by then, but man, the development seems to have been farmed out to the lowest bidder. It’s really leaving a nasty taste in my mouth for ever booking with Princess again. 

I’m on an iPhone 11, up to date with software. I’m not a tech neophyte. Am I missing something?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chai8 said:

This app is the worst! All of our info was in, ready to go but DMW and health weren’t showing up. On recommendation from posts in this forum, I deleted and reinstalled the app and everything worked perfectly for about an hour. Logged out and logged back in later to make dinner reservations only to find that most of my info is missing. When I attempt to re-enter, pages hang or worse, the White Screen of Death appears. 

This is our first cruise and we’re leaving from Seattle on 8/8. I wish I could believe that this will be sorted by then, but man, the development seems to have been farmed out to the lowest bidder. It’s really leaving a nasty taste in my mouth for ever booking with Princess again. 

I’m on an iPhone 11, up to date with software. I’m not a tech neophyte. Am I missing something?

I’m on the same cruise and in the same boat with the app-lol!  I still can’t upload my passport.  Had a horrible experience speaking with OM Tech Support, but since had 2 great conversations with customer service.  They are working on it……

I was pleased to hear great customer service like I’ve come to expect from Princess.  The 2nd call was from them to tell me it wasn’t fixed but it would be and that they hadn’t forgotten me!

• Thanks 1

Trying to book our dining on Regal princess U.K. 31st July. Of the 3 dining rooms available, which is the most favoured, we are on Riviera deck aft cabin and don’t mind a good walk. Thanks for any insight.

1 hour ago, PAMJP said:

Trying to book our dining on Regal princess U.K. 31st July. Of the 3 dining rooms available, which is the most favoured, we are on Riviera deck aft cabin and don’t mind a good walk. Thanks for any insight.

Are you saying DMW is offering you all three DR's as in multiple choice for your preferred time slot?  Since you are aft, you may prefer to either walk down aft stairs or take aft elevators to Deck 6 Aft DR.

1 hour ago, PAMJP said:

All DR's have the same menus and are basically the same in decoration and feel. The Allegro DR will be straight down to elevator or stairs to deck 6. The DR is isolated there. Closest lounge would be the Wheelhouse Bar on deck 7. Once you finish dining you have to go up to deck 7 or higher to access other areas of the ship. The mid ship DR's, Concerto on deck 6 and Symphony on deck 5, are centrally located to lounges and other public areas. You have to ride or walk down to deck 7 and walk to the center of the ship to access these areas. 

7 hours ago, CynCyn said:

I’m on the same cruise and in the same boat with the app-lol!  I still can’t upload my passport.  Had a horrible experience speaking with OM Tech Support, but since had 2 great conversations with customer service.  They are working on it……

I was pleased to hear great customer service like I’ve come to expect from Princess.  The 2nd call was from them to tell me it wasn’t fixed but it would be and that they hadn’t forgotten me!

Thanks! So I just logged in and (it must be magic!) we’re back to all green checks with everything completed except the health portion. 

DH has worked in IT for thirty years. He says that this app was clearly not ready and can’t understand the rollout. 

I’m not gonna stress it any further. Whatever needs to be fixed, we’ll deal with at the terminal. Much appreciation for these boards! It’s hard to know otherwise if the problem is individual or global. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Are you saying DMW is offering you all three DR's as in multiple choice for your preferred time slot?  Since you are aft, you may prefer to either walk down aft stairs or take aft elevators to Deck 6 Aft DR.

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

46 minutes ago, skynight said:

All DR's have the same menus and are basically the same in decoration and feel. The Allegro DR will be straight down to elevator or stairs to deck 6. The DR is isolated there. Closest lounge would be the Wheelhouse Bar on deck 7. Once you finish dining you have to go up to deck 7 or higher to access other areas of the ship. The mid ship DR's, Concerto on deck 6 and Symphony on deck 5, are centrally located to lounges and other public areas. You have to ride or walk down to deck 7 and walk to the center of the ship to access these areas. 

Thank you both, I think we’ll give the Allegro a miss, it sounds like the dining room we used on Ruby, so we’ll book Concert. Many thanks

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, good point.  I know it was down due to recent MC App version update, but has anyone been able to view existing res or check to make a new one in the past couple of days?  Trying to figure out if DMW is 100% off-line or working for some voyages.

I have a Samsung Android 10 and made specialty restaurant reservations last night, no problem. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It appears that DMW is not "down" as some reps might say on the phone.  It is unavailable for certain voyages - or perhaps available only for more near-term voyages.  Since it seemed to be working again, I phoned in to ask as I don't see the res I made previously and IDK if it is there in the system somewhere or got deleted.  Have to wait and keep trying periodically was the answer I got.  Funny thing is that a later voyage still shows the original res I made.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It appears that DMW is not "down" as some reps might say on the phone.  It is unavailable for certain voyages - or perhaps available only for more near-term voyages.  Since it seemed to be working again, I phoned in to ask as I don't see the res I made previously and IDK if it is there in the system somewhere or got deleted.  Have to wait and keep trying periodically was the answer I got.  Funny thing is that a later voyage still shows the original res I made.

March 2022 is good to go

App does not work correctly.  My cruise is in October.  I'm hoping things will improve by then.  If not, I think we will be standing in long line at the terminal to get the mess straightened out.  

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

March 2022 is good to go

HI.  You can log in to MC App and bring up DMW section and see your res?  IDK when you added it, but just wondering if you can tell if all DR's are loaded and offering, depending in time selected.  

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

HI.  You can log in to MC App and bring up DMW section and see your res?  IDK when you added it, but just wondering if you can tell if all DR's are loaded and offering, depending in time selected.  

I believe they are; I started to make a dinner one, then realized we have Club Class after it offered a dining room, so I pulled out, but as I clicked on each night, it did show where I had reserved each night for the ones where I had a specialty restaurant reserved.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

App does not work correctly.  My cruise is in October.  I'm hoping things will improve by then.  If not, I think we will be standing in long line at the terminal to get the mess straightened out.  

Have you checked to see if there is an update available for the Med App?  I don’t automatically install all updates on my phone. When I updated the app, it started working correctly. 

• Like 1

sorry for any confusion yesterday.  When I asked the question to DunkinBlizzard I asked if they owned a laptop to download the Medallion Class App.  What I meant to ask was;  do you own a tablet that you can download the app to?  My mistake.  

11 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

sorry for any confusion yesterday.  When I asked the question to DunkinBlizzard I asked if they owned a laptop to download the Medallion Class App.  What I meant to ask was;  do you own a tablet that you can download the app to?  My mistake.  

I was going to ask you about that comment but assumed you probably meant a compatible tablet so I didn't bring it up. 😶

55 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I believe they are; I started to make a dinner one, then realized we have Club Class after it offered a dining room, so I pulled out, but as I clicked on each night, it did show where I had reserved each night for the ones where I had a specialty restaurant reserved.

Regarding Club Class dining, is the consensus that reservations are not necessary with DMW? I only ask because the JourneyView part of the Medallion app now allows reservations for sailaway celebrations, cocktail parties and other events that never required reservations before. 

FYI - For my upcoming Alaska cruise, DMW worked, stopped working, and now appears to be working again. I'm in a suite, and noticed I can now book a specialty dining reservation the first night for me and my husband without incurring a charge. I wasn't able to do that before. 

Edited by redrobin
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, redrobin said:

Regarding Club Class dining, is the consensus that reservations are not necessary with DMW? I only ask because the JourneyView part of the Medallion app now allows reservations for sailaway celebrations, cocktail parties and other events that never required reservations before. 

FYI - For my upcoming Alaska cruise, DMW worked, stopped working, and now appears to be working again. I'm in a suite, and noticed I can now book a specialty dining reservation the first night for me and my husband without incurring a charge. I wasn't able to do that before. 

Yes, one of the benefits of Suites / Club Class is not needing a reservation for the Club Class dining.😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redrobin said:

I'm in a suite, and noticed I can now book a specialty dining reservation the first night for me and my husband without incurring a charge. I wasn't able to do that before. 

We are also in a suite. When I tried to make a reservation for specialty dining on the first night of the cruise the app wants to charge us $29/person. Our cruise is 8/29. Are you sailing before this date? I’ll keep trying and maybe I’ll be able to make the reservation without incurring a charge at some point before we sail.

Also are you able to make reservations for the shows and other events? So far the app shows no events for the 8/29 sailing so once again I’m wondering if you are sailing on an earlier cruise.

TIA for any information you can share.

22 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

We are also in a suite. When I tried to make a reservation for specialty dining on the first night of the cruise the app wants to charge us $29/person. Our cruise is 8/29. Are you sailing before this date? I’ll keep trying and maybe I’ll be able to make the reservation without incurring a charge at some point before we sail.

Also are you able to make reservations for the shows and other events? So far the app shows no events for the 8/29 sailing so once again I’m wondering if you are sailing on an earlier cruise.

TIA for any information you can share.

I'm cruising 8/8. Like you, when I first tried to make the specialty dining reservation I was going to be charged the $29/person. I tried again, after DMW had stopped working for a few days, and this time was charged the $29/person for me and my husband, but now a credit also showed up, leaving a zero balance to confirm the reservation.

I am not yet able to see any information in the JourneyView section of the app, but hope to soon!

What also might have helped me is that I removed the Medallion app from my phone and reinstalled it. My phone did not show any available updates, but CC folks were mentioning that one was available. After doing that a few more features showed up, and, fortunately, I didn't lose anything I had entered previously. Right now I've got green lane status, fingers crossed it stays that way!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, suekel said:

I can't get into the DMW on any cruise.  I'm hoping that our reservations for the next 2 are still in there.  

My dine my way reservations for our October 2021 cruise have disappeared since the latest update, or I should say the message on the app says dine my way currently not available........ 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CruisinMinnie said:

My dine my way reservations for our October 2021 cruise have disappeared since the latest update, or I should say the message on the app says dine my way currently not available........ 

I got that sane message for a week. Finally I checked to see if an update was available. After updating, DMW worked fine. I’ve read a major update is coming 7/16 too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1