What is Your Favorite Soups you had on your Cruise......

BklynBoy8

On 2/20/2022 at 1:38 PM, seamus69 said:

As far as soups on a cruise go, one of the very VERY few good dishes I had on the American Queen was a chicken sausage gumbo.

I assume that this was New Orleans type cuisine influenced.  What type of sausage was used in the gumbo?  

On 2/21/2022 at 5:08 PM, rkacruiser said:

I assume that this was New Orleans type cuisine influenced.  What type of sausage was used in the gumbo?  

Yes, definitely new Orleans style.  I know it was a a smoked sausage but couldn't tell if it was the typical andouille because of the strong flavors.  

I also just realized I wasn't as clear as I could be on the original post.  This was a chicken AND sausage gumbo not a "chicken sausage" gumbo... 🙂

Now you have me thinking of making my own at home soon....yum!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, seamus69 said:

Yes, definitely new Orleans style.  I know it was a a smoked sausage but couldn't tell if it was the typical andouille because of the strong flavors.  

I also just realized I wasn't as clear as I could be on the original post.  This was a chicken AND sausage gumbo not a "chicken sausage" gumbo... 🙂

Now you have me thinking of making my own at home soon....yum!

It's Fat Tuesday!  It would be a good day to make some gumbo.  

On 3/1/2022 at 4:52 PM, rkacruiser said:

It's Fat Tuesday!  It would be a good day to make some gumbo.  

I wish I would have thought about that earlier this week, it would have been good motivation to make it.  I guess I'll pretend it's Fat Tuesday in a week or two!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Lois!  How are you feeling?

Hi CGT......doing well, thanks for asking🙂 Monday I had my 6 week follow up check up and the Doc said everything looks good (thankfully)😃. Actually, hard to believe it has been 6 weeks since the surgery!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi CGT......doing well, thanks for asking🙂 Monday I had my 6 week follow up check up and the Doc said everything looks good (thankfully)😃. Actually, hard to believe it has been 6 weeks since the surgery!

Great to hear Lois.  Now get out there and book a cruise!  (I’m sure you already have…lol)

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 3:36 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Me too…just add gin!

Skip the gin.  My pre-dinner drinks will have provided sufficient of an adult beverage that I don't need to be remembered as a cruise guest who passed out and drowned in in bowl of a chilled fruit soup.  

Chilled fruit soups will be re-discovered by the executive vice presidents in charge of Beverage and Food.  Such a person does need to justify why she/he is earning a paycheck with such a large figure.  Don't you think? 

On 5/8/2022 at 6:26 PM, oyme said:

I like any and all fruity chilled soups.

One of the top 2 things i've ever eaten on a cruise ship was the chilled raspberry soup on Mariner of the Seas. It was so good that I ordered a 2nd bowl for dessert.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Great to hear Lois.  Now get out there and book a cruise!  (I’m sure you already have…lol)

Good morning CGT,  yes I have😃. Actually, I have multiple cruises booked. My next one up is  next month out of Barcelona for 11 nights🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning CGT,  yes I have😃. Actually, I have multiple cruises booked. My next one up is  next month out of Barcelona for 11 nights🙂

That is such good news Lois!  Please check in here with us from time to time to give us a glimpse of the Hi Life…for those of us who are unable to book at this time.😪

• Like 1

French Onion Soup is my absolute favorite soup in the world, and the Crown Grille on Princess does (or used to...I haven't been post-pandemic) a "Black and Blue" onion soup...it has Jack Daniels and Roquefort cheese. It's positively delightful. 

I've had several different versions of pumpkin soups on a couple of lines and I've never been disappointed. I was on the Mardi Gras in September and the MDR had a mushroom soup that was different from any mushroom soup I've ever had, and for the life of me I can't remember what made it different. It was DELICIOUS, though. I wanted to lick the bowl!

HAL's split pea soup is very, very good. It was served in the lounges while we were cruising Glacier Bay in Alaska and I loved it. And I hate peas, so that tells you something. I had refills of it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bassmk said:

HAL's split pea soup is very, very good. It was served in the lounges while we were cruising Glacier Bay in Alaska and I loved it. And I hate peas, so that tells you something. I had refills of it.

No disagreement from me about the soup!  It is delicious and is even more so, I think, when it is served on deck overlooking the glaciers on a cold, damp morning or afternoon.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, abugarcia1 said:

Butternut Squash soup with NCL is excellent

That my favorite made at home in the autumn Butternut Squash. Also Cream of Mushroom Soup.

Potato Leek Soup...