First fully vaccinated flights Florida to NY

I posted a comment 5 minutes ago about DeSantis' law banning businesses from requiring proof of vaccination and how did United Airlines get around that. That post seems to have disappeared???? It was a genuine concern I have.

Looks like everyone wore masks. Baby steps I guess. a

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I suppose everyone still had to wear masks during the flight?

I just watched the news clip and people were wearing masks on the plane. Also curious how the Florida Governor will react to this, since this was set up by CLEAR and it is called a "health passport". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

How did this pass muster with Florida “vaccine passport” law??

28 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I just watched the news clip and people were wearing masks on the plane. Also curious how the Florida Governor will react to this, since this was set up by CLEAR and it is called a "health passport". 

What a joke!  DeSantis doesn't have any more control over the airlines than he has over the cruise lines.  They may be yanking his chain because he "apparently" made a claim the other day that he could prevent the airlines flying out of Florida from requiring vaccines. Heh.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So no different than when we flew to Florida and back in March.  I would have been more impressed if they did it without requiring masks.  Especially if everyone was vaccinated.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I suppose everyone still had to wear masks during the flight?

Since Biden signed the order mandating them on planes and other public transport did he not? Then you might be wearing them till Jan 2025 if he does not repeal it?. And if passenger demand does not drop in them 3.5 years then you will likely wear them forever.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So, again, what is the purpose of a vaccine.  You apparently have a plane full of vaccinated people and yet the mask.  Why get a vaccine if we still have to wear a mask?????

A fair point. But surely there is more to the decision than flying on a plane.

Edited by ace2542

11 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Since Biden signed the order mandating them on planes and other public transport did he not? Then you might be wearing them till Jan 2025 if he does not repeal it?. And if passenger demand does not drop in them 3.5 years then you will likely wear them forever.

Where have I heard this before?

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

How did this pass muster with Florida “vaccine passport” law??

It reinforces the fact that airlines are not controlled by state governors -- and soon the realization that cruise lines aren't either.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So, again, what is the purpose of a vaccine.  You apparently have a plane full of vaccinated people and yet the mask.  Why get a vaccine if we still have to wear a mask?????

Because there is a federal mandate to wear masks on an airplane.  That mandate doesn't disappear because it's a fully vaccinated flight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Yet they still had to follow the CDC mask rules in the airport and on the plane.

It's sad still seeing stories about people seeing each other after over a year of quarantine. Those people will be emotionally scarred for life.

Not to mention the emotional scars of the families of nearly 600,000 people that died from this disease, or the more than 3 million people currently dealing with long-term health effects from being infected.  Folks sacrificed a lot over the last year, but I doubt you'll find the vast majority of them feeling sorry for themselves.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Because there is a federal mandate to wear masks on an airplane.  That mandate doesn't disappear because it's a fully vaccinated flight.

The mandate should take such matters into consideration.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

Not to mention the emotional scars of the families of nearly 600,000 people that died from this disease, or the more than 3 million people currently dealing with long-term health effects from being infected.  Folks sacrificed a lot over the last year, but I doubt you'll find the vast majority of them feeling sorry for themselves.  

Yep, let's just wear masks forever then!  Good thing there are no other diseases or health conditions out there that could possibly affect people.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I posted a comment 5 minutes ago about DeSantis' law banning businesses from requiring proof of vaccination and how did United Airlines get around that. That post seems to have disappeared???? It was a genuine concern I have.

Looks like everyone wore masks. Baby steps I guess. a

You posted it on the NCL board. Lol. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Given that it was the "first" fully vaccinated flight I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  

Vaccines have been available for months. They should have been revising the game plan for various scenarios accordingly.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Vaccines have been available for months. They should have been revising the game plan for various scenarios accordingly.

They have revised the masking protocols for vaccinated people.  That doesn't include large groups of people on an airplane.  Or a cruise ship for that matter.  Doesn't look to me like any cruise line is relaxing their masking protocols for vaccinated cruises outside the US.  Is that the CDC's fault too?

• Like 1