Proof of Vaccination

malony33

I have a cruise in January that sent an email saying that they required proof of vaccination. I emailed a copy of the CDC card and they said that was sufficient.

I am also keeping the various emails confirming vaccination.

It is possible that some other more secure ways to confirm vaccination will emerge. There are other places where they may become required.

• Thanks 1

I like what the FAA is doing, fining passenger for not masking, being unruly, and even hitting/pushing flight attendants when asked to mask up and/or prove vaccination.  Recently read that one passenger was fined over $50K.  Cruises need to do the same.  They could easily accommodate LE officials on cruises from US ports to make sure everyone follows federal laws on board.  I'm sure cruise lines would be very willing to hand over that responsibility to federal LE officials.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pavementends said:

I have a cruise in January that sent an email saying that they required proof of vaccination. I emailed a copy of the CDC card and they said that was sufficient.

I am also keeping the various emails confirming vaccination.

It is possible that some other more secure ways to confirm vaccination will emerge. There are other places where they may become required.

I sent a copy of my vaccine card to my physician's office electronically.  They added it to my official medical records.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pavementends said:

Where is your embarkation port?

3 hours ago, irvington said:

This isn't surprising, but I think what I am reading here is that we should bring our actual vaccine cards and not a copy. I feel like they are the most valuable things we own right now and so I have them stored with our passports! The ones we got are larger than a credit card and so they don't fit perfectly in a wallet. Because we didn't get them through our health care providers or use insurance (we went to a tribal health center that was sharing excess vaccine) the card is the only evidence we have, other than our own testimony.

I plan to take photos of our vaccination cards, drivers licenses and passports with my iPhone in move to notes.  Also, will make photocopies as backup, but take the original with us, of course.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

I like what the FAA is doing, fining passenger for not masking, being unruly, and even hitting/pushing flight attendants when asked to mask up and/or prove vaccination.  Recently read that one passenger was fined over $50K.  Cruises need to do the same.  They could easily accommodate LE officials on cruises from US ports to make sure everyone follows federal laws on board.  I'm sure cruise lines would be very willing to hand over that responsibility to federal LE officials.

Not sure what the legal authority would be to fine a passenger for not masking?  I do believe that unruly behavior while on an airflght could be fined, as it should be.

I know that Celebrity has a policy when people are warned about smoking in violation of its policy that a fine can result.  We complained on a cruise about our neighbor (next cabin upwind) that kept smoking on their balcony and they were issued a warning letter (we were provided with a sample copy).  I think the fine was $1800.

3 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

I plan to take photos of our vaccination cards, drivers licenses and passports with my iPhone in move to notes.  Also, will make photocopies as backup, but take the original with us, of course.

I took photos of my and dw's CDC card (both sides) right after the second dose.  They are on my iPhone and in the cloud too.  Also converted them to a PDF in case I need to send it anywhere.  I guess on a trip with foreign travel I will take the originals with my passport just in case.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I took photos of my and dw's CDC card (both sides) right after the second dose.  They are on my iPhone and in the cloud too.  Also converted them to a PDF in case I need to send it anywhere.  I guess on a trip with foreign travel I will take the originals with my passport just in case.  

Thanks for the good ideas.

Just got my second shot yesterday - so I am ready to go. I asked the doctor to confirm both shots of Biontech in a new vaccination pass- I only had my old fashined national booklet- dated from 1969.  I also will take pictures from all my documents- just in case.

That should suffice to travel abroad.

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Thanks 1

Marylanders can get a Covid vaccination certificate from MyIR.net

They have your entire immunization record and the site is normally used for school aged kids to have certified vaccination records.  

• Like 1

Double Proof!
DH just received a claim form from Medicare documenting where & when he was given his 2 doses of the coronavirus vaccine and that he is fully covered for the cost.

Riser Foods Comapany (aka Giant Eagle supermarket) charged $28.39 for each injection but accepted Medicare's paymment for half the amount for the 1st and almost the full amount less $2.41 for the 2nd. The only information missing is the type of vaccine administered.

This letter-sized paper would be more difficult to forge than a vaccine card, but also more unwieldy to carry.

Edited by TMLAalum

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Double Proof!
DH just received a claim form from Medicare documenting where & when he was given his 2 doses of the coronavirus vaccine and that he is fully covered for the cost.

Riser Foods Comapany (aka Giant Eagle supermarket) charged $28.39 for each injection but accepted Medicare's paymment for half the amount for the 1st and almost the full amount less $2.41 for the 2nd. The only information missing is the type of vaccine administered.

This letter-sized paper would be more difficult to forge than a vaccine card, but also more unwieldy to carry.

Interesting.  In my state (PA) I got my two Moderna shots at a supermarket pharmacy.  All I had to do was fill out a COVID health questionnaire and sign it.  I was not asked for private medical insurance or Medicare information.  No insurance claim at all.  No fee for the shots.  I was asked for insurance information each time I got a COVID PCR test.  But it was free too.

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Interesting.  In my state (PA) I got my two Moderna shots at a supermarket pharmacy.  All I had to do was fill out a COVID health questionnaire and sign it.  I was not asked for private medical insurance or Medicare information.  No insurance claim at all.  No fee for the shots.  I was asked for insurance information each time I got a COVID PCR test.  But it was free too.

DH didn't bring his Medicare card to Giant Eagle. When I went for my shot at a Walgreen's a week later my confirmation required that ID and a Medicare card was necessary.  I almost did not get jabbed because I had brought an old Medicare card issued when I was still under DH's coverage not realizing a new one was shoved into our safe file.  Luckily the pharmacist got approval to proceed from Walgreen's corporate.

His first Moderna was 1/25 and second 2/22. My first Pfizer was 2/2 and second 4 weeks later per Walgreen's policy but nothing has arrived from Medicare for me yet.

2 hours ago, Koren55 said:

Marylanders can get a Covid vaccination certificate from MyIR.net

Did you see in addition to Maryland the MyIR.net also covers vaccinated folks  West Virginia, Washington State, Arizona and Louisiana!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Never thought of that but great documentation!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

LE officials on cruises from US ports to make sure everyone follows federal laws on board.  I'm sure cruise lines would be very willing to hand over that responsibility to federal LE officials.

Once the ship sails, federal LE officials have no jurisdiction.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I sent a copy of my vaccine card to my physician's office electronically.  They added it to my official medical records.

Really the easiest method.  We then got letters from our doctor stating our vaccinations.  Many counties have Board of Health who often will issue a letter about vaccinations.  Canada also stated they will accept our CDC cards as either a photo in our phone or the originals.

19 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Really the easiest method.  We then got letters from our doctor stating our vaccinations.  Many counties have Board of Health who often will issue a letter about vaccinations.  Canada also stated they will accept our CDC cards as either a photo in our phone or the originals.

This situation continues to evolve like every complex situation.  But we went from despair of a new virus to pandemic.  Then to vaccines in less than a year.  Then to having the USA with 277 million doses given to date.  Now documentation questions.  Nice place to be so quickly!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

This situation continues to evolve like every complex situation.  But we went from despair of a new virus to pandemic.  Then to vaccines in less than a year.  Then to having the USA with 277 million doses given to date.  Now documentation questions.  Nice place to be so quickly!

Well said

• Like 1

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada. I just had my first vaccination yesterday and received an email with proof of my vaccination with the lot number. Nova Scotia health (and a lot of other provinces) has partnered with CANImmunize - a system to store your vaccination records with an app that you can upload your info into (as well as documents). I printed off my paper copies (and will take them with me when we travel) as well as loading up the CANImmunize app with the info and pics of the printed sheets. Hopefully this will suffice when the time comes. I'd almost prefer to have a passport-size page available that physically sticks in your passport (like the visa many countries require) so there's less of a chance of getting lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JasYHZ said:

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada. I just had my first vaccination yesterday and received an email with proof of my vaccination with the lot number. Nova Scotia health (and a lot of other provinces) has partnered with CANImmunize - a system to store your vaccination records with an app that you can upload your info into (as well as documents). I printed off my paper copies (and will take them with me when we travel) as well as loading up the CANImmunize app with the info and pics of the printed sheets. Hopefully this will suffice when the time comes. I'd almost prefer to have a passport-size page available that physically sticks in your passport (like the visa many countries require) so there's less of a chance of getting lost.

I've looked briefly at CANImmunize in the past, as it was developed here in Ottawa, but as far as I know, the app provides little more at this time than the ability to enter and store your vaccination information. So, for example, while the NSHA may have partnered with CANImmunize, there's no linkage between them that would enable the app to capture your vaccination information from the NSHA. As I have already stored all of my vaccination info on my iPhone, I'm not sure what the benefits might be for me in downloading their app. Any thoughts? 

31 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I've looked briefly at CANImmunize in the past, as it was developed here in Ottawa, but as far as I know, the app provides little more at this time than the ability to enter and store your vaccination information. So, for example, while the NSHA may have partnered with CANImmunize, there's no linkage between them that would enable the app to capture your vaccination information from the NSHA. As I have already stored all of my vaccination info on my iPhone, I'm not sure what the benefits might be for me in downloading their app. Any thoughts? 

Maybe just a more "official" looking inteface? Who knows? I'd even have thought we'd have a small card like the CDC one perhaps issued from Health Canada?

1 hour ago, JasYHZ said:

Maybe just a more "official" looking inteface? Who knows? I'd even have thought we'd have a small card like the CDC one perhaps issued from Health Canada?

Given the provinces' reluctance to give the feds any measure of responsibility for medical issues, I doubt that Health Canada with be issuing anything. I'm not sure that it even has the information to do so, as I believe that the provinces provide statistical information on vaccinations, but not the details on who got what and when. Maybe they could design a national card and leave it to the provinces and territories to issue them.

According to a March statement by Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott, the province is working towards creating some form of "passport" that would be issued once people have received their second shot. Crickets since then, not surprising since the whole vaccination program in Ontario has been in a state of shambles since the outset.