Proof of Vaccination

malony33

Any thoughts on what Celebrity will require/accept as proof that a passenger has been vaccinated?

I was given a credit-card sized CDC card with dates, etc. and told this would suffice as proof where 

I got my shots.

That is an interesting question.  I have been given a full size piece of paper with a copy of it and initials that are signed onto the copy since I was in a vaccine trial.  My vaccine was not approved by the FDA and it says so on the piece of paper....it was approved in other countries but now they are shying away from it...    Will they go with certain vaccines which I don't think they can....  But, I feel I'm in a weird spot.   I cannot go get the other vaccine because it will affect the trials.  I go back for an appointment next week and I'll ask them about this.

15 minutes ago, malony33 said:

Any thoughts on what Celebrity will require/accept as proof that a passenger has been vaccinated?

I was given a credit-card sized CDC card with dates, etc. and told this would suffice as proof where 

I got my shots.

Many are opting for the CDC wallet sized card..

I also am carrying a copy of Maryland State health Department certificate that lists all the vaccines obtained since moving here in 2016 including flu and pneumonia.

But to address your concern.. outside of a major data base your CDC card should suffice .

• Thanks 1

Really no need to speculate.  Here is what Celebrity is requiring for startup cruises straight from their FAQ section.   I have the white CDC card, my old yellow vaccination card, and letters for each shot from my medical providers MyChart system.

Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine to cruise? What documents count as proof of vaccination?  How far in advance do I need to get my vaccine?

At this time, we are requiring guests 18 years and older to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Each guest must submit proof of full vaccination no later than boarding day, in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either (1) the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card) or (2) the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination. Electronic vaccination records will only be accepted for residents of those countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form (e.g., a unique QR code). The vaccination record submitted to Celebrity Cruises must show that the guest is fully vaccinated. This means that the guest has completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series), and that the guest has received the final dose at least 14 days before sailing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ride-The-Waves said:

If you are the carrier starting infections on a ship you become legally liable for all costs and fines/incarceration

A sadistic SOB could have a field day

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Not needed.  You sign a statement that you are vaccinated.  If you are the carrier starting infections on a ship you become legally liable for all costs and fines/incarceration.  Simple.

Whoa.  The vaccines are under an EUA, and not 100% effective.  While rare, it is possible for a vaxed person to still get ill with mild symptoms and be contagious.  No way they could litigate against a vaxed person.  I assume you refer to a scoflaw who claims to be vaxed but is not.   Also, when you say "you sign a statement" are you saying this procedure has been established, or that's your suggestions of a path forward?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, malony33 said:

I got my shots.

No card needed.  You will just need to pinky swear with the Celebrity representative before boarding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In the UK we have the National Health Service (NHS) app which has access to our health records, and it has just been updated to confirm I have had both jabs, the dates and batch numbers. Hopefully that should be OK for our Greek cruise coming up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

No card needed.  You will just need to pinky swear with the Celebrity representative before boarding.

Not true see post #5

5 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

In the UK we have the National Health Service (NHS) app which has access to our health records, and it has just been updated to confirm I have had both jabs, the dates and batch numbers. Hopefully that should be OK for our Greek cruise coming up.

Yes it will be see post #5

22 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Yea, like the health forms that were required to be filled out at the embarkation desk prior to boarding the ship. 

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes it will be see post #5

Thanks, we have no QR code, just confirmation of the 2 jabs.

It says 'to be presented no later than boarding day'.....is everyone going to be presenting on the actual boarding day, or will there be opportunity to somehow provide confirmation beforehand? I am guessing we do not know just yet.

My point really was if you want reliable information you need to get it from Celebrity not CC.  Best to keep an eye on the FAQ section or wait for feedback from the first sailings in a couple of weeks.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Cards I hope not are what will be used, I have 3 of them by the way and access to them, work in Health care.  To easy to get and copy.  Its going to have to be something else, what who knows at this point.  Its such a fluid thing right now and always changing with updates etc.  I still unsure of if I will be comfortable on a cruse this year, I want to go with what I have scheduled in Nov but will see.  I did just come back from 16 day AI in the Dominican Rep and loved it but was easy enough to find quiet areas away from groups of people, resorts are only allowed 60% capacity currently.  Worse case is skip/push the cruise to next year and go back to an AI for this year.  I'm glad things are starting to loosen up overall and do look forward to cruising again soon.  Much rather that then AI overall.   

My wife and I both have the original C.D.C. card showing the dates, type, manufacturer, lot number and healthcare professional(location).

In New York there is a passport called the EXCELSIOR PASS.

It is FREE and only shows your name and date of birth.

It has a QR type code that when scanned shows the same information as the C.D.C. card.

The EXCELSIOR PASS uses the information from the database that was entered when you received your vaccination(s) and seems to be positive proof and looks like it can't be forged.

For those worried about the EXCELSIOR PASS being a violation of the HIPAA laws it only shows the same information that is on the C.D.C. CARD. 

The EXCELSIOR PASS expires every 90 days, but since it is free and takes 2 minutes to renew that is no real problem.

Apparently there is a problem with some state(s) banning the requiring of vaccine passports, and that will have to be worked out .

Although Celebrity or other cruise lines right now are asking for a copy (actual proof) of a passenger vaccine card or document in the future it might be just a signed affidavit like the health questionnaires at pier check-in.  But now a document is required.  Yes we all know it can (and will) be faked by some.  And yes it might impact your cruise.  So the best way to avoid the dishonest passengers and fakes is to make the rules or fines very tough if caught faking documents.  All COVID positive cases on a cruise should have their vaccine documents checked for forgeries.  And then big consequences and very substantial fines.   Stated clearly up front.  Never allowed to cruise again on that cruise line.  Also state that vaccine documents will be randomly checked for authenticity for a percentage of the passengers with the same consequences for forgeries.   But additional legal/criminal implications- not sure but probably not really possible.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just now, jgmorgan said:

Of course they could just scan the microchip that was in the vaccine.😂

Yeah until you need a booster microchip or maybe a variant microchip.  And of course there will be the fake microchips being sold on Amazon.😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2