Proof of Vaccination

malony33

I was told by Celebrity to bring the vaccination card and, to be save, the doctors or health departments report of your vaccinations. I went to the Martin County Health Department in Florida and it listed all my vaccinations from 2013 when I moved to Florida including the 2 Moderna shots.  Now we need to get Governor DeSantis to let the cruise lines require vaccination proof of the passengers and crew.  Delta Airlines just said they will not hire any new employee without of Covid Vaccination.  DeSantis are you going to tell Delta they can’t fly from Florida?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Glendakayself said:

😉Put your vaccine card in a lanyard, and wear it around your neck for all to see.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

Or take a red magic marker and put a big V on your forehead, LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, flyhi120 said:

I was told by Celebrity to bring the vaccination card and, to be save, the doctors or health departments report of your vaccinations. I went to the Martin County Health Department in Florida and it listed all my vaccinations from 2013 when I moved to Florida including the 2 Moderna shots.  Now we need to get Governor DeSantis to let the cruise lines require vaccination proof of the passengers and crew.  Delta Airlines just said they will not hire any new employee without of Covid Vaccination.  DeSantis are you going to tell Delta they can’t fly from Florida?

I don't think the law applies to the employer/employee relationships. Only businesses/customers.

3 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Not needed.  You sign a statement that you are vaccinated.  If you are the carrier starting infections on a ship you become legally liable for all costs and fines/incarceration.  Simple.

What if you're vaccinated and still contract Covid (very possible) and "pass" it on to someone else, still liable? What about flu? What if you fail to get a flu vaccine and you pass it on to someone vulnerable and they die - are you liable? I can think of many more scenarios. Slippery slope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

What if you're vaccinated and still contract Covid (very possible) and "pass" it on to someone else, still liable? What about flu? What if you fail to get a flu vaccine and you pass it on to someone vulnerable and they die - are you liable? I can think of many more scenarios. Slippery slope.

There are a number of laws that cover liability.  For someone to sue they need to prove negligence of some sort.  If you are vaccinated you have done what the average person would do to alleviate any disease transmission.

While it doesn't really apply as it is a second step in negligence, they would also need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you infected them.

My family attorney said nothing to worry about.  A lawsuit was filed over a dinner party where 4 of 6 attendees became ill and 2 died.  Was dismissed as no proof of who infected who and all chose voluntarily to attend and assume the risk.  No way to prove who was the carrier.

2 hours ago, Glendakayself said:

😉Put your vaccine card in a lanyard, and wear it around your neck for all to see.

Or better yet, order T-shirts with an enlarged copy of your CDC card printed on the front. 

No need to risk losing/damaging the CDC card pulling it in/out of your wallet/purse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Not only slippery slope but really very very hard to track who was the ‘carrier’ and passed it on. Not viable. 

den

I live is Sarasota County, FL and got my vaccinations from the health department. On a routine visit to my MD, I took my CDC card so he could enter into my medical records that I had been vaccinated. I was surprised when he said no need for the card, it was already in my medical record. There is a website for MD’s (and other health professionals?) called “Florida shots” which contained my vaccination info. When I got my vaccination, I had to list my MD info, so apparently the info was loaded onto my medical record via Florida Shots. Apparently why Martin County had the information for @flyhi120???

27 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

There are a number of laws that cover liability.  For someone to sue they need to prove negligence of some sort.  If you are vaccinated you have done what the average person would do to alleviate any disease transmission.

While it doesn't really apply as it is a second step in negligence, they would also need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you infected them.

My family attorney said nothing to worry about.  A lawsuit was filed over a dinner party where 4 of 6 attendees became ill and 2 died.  Was dismissed as no proof of who infected who and all chose voluntarily to attend and assume the risk.  No way to prove who was the carrier.

Oh Az Wildcat, I just got your dinner invitation…. ahhhh, I have a prior engagement in Outer Mongolia and can’t make it. Yeah, that’s right…..yeah 

den

4 hours ago, boscobeans said:

My wife and I both have the original C.D.C. card showing the dates, type, manufacturer, lot number and healthcare professional(location).

In New York there is a passport called the EXCELSIOR PASS.

It is FREE and only shows your name and date of birth.

It has a QR type code that when scanned shows the same information as the C.D.C. card.

The EXCELSIOR PASS uses the information from the database that was entered when you received your vaccination(s) and seems to be positive proof and looks like it can't be forged.

For those worried about the EXCELSIOR PASS being a violation of the HIPAA laws it only shows the same information that is on the C.D.C. CARD. 

The EXCELSIOR PASS expires every 90 days, but since it is free and takes 2 minutes to renew that is no real problem.

Apparently there is a problem with some state(s) banning the requiring of vaccine passports, and that will have to be worked out .

Unfortunately, Celebrity has chosen not to accept the EXCELSIOR PASS:

"Electronic vaccination records will only be accepted for residents of those countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form (e.g., a unique QR code)." 

For the time being, you'd need to carry your card as well. Hopefully Celebrity will start to expand its list of acceptable forms of proof of vaccination.

• Like 2

We are booked on a week long tour of Iceland, which is open to Americans that are fully vaccinated.

Our tour company has informed us that the CDC card is sufficient proof of vaccination for the Icelandic government.

• Thanks 1

So, each canadian provincial health dept. has its own form, or proof of vaccination - nothing standard.
QR code is only used by the provincial health authority and cannot be read by outside gov, etc.

Does the form need to be in English? bilingual?

And fully vaccinated means 2 doses of the vaccine.

Fun time ahead.

11 hours ago, bikerunner said:

The Cards I hope not are what will be used, I have 3 of them by the way and access to them, work in Health care.  To easy to get and copy. 

That's an interesting comment. The cards we have received have our name and D.O.B. on them. Wouldn't that be a problem for someone who had gotten a copy of someone elses?

11 hours ago, Glendakayself said:

Makes a great grab bag gift. 

59142D98-AC35-4327-B83D-0F0BCFFA6CED.thumb.jpeg.cb2432be4cf214b65f74fe0021ec123d.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Unfortunately, Celebrity has chosen not to accept the EXCELSIOR PASS:

"Electronic vaccination records will only be accepted for residents of those countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form (e.g., a unique QR code)." 

For the time being, you'd need to carry your card as well. Hopefully Celebrity will start to expand its list of acceptable forms of proof of vaccination.

• For New Yorkers • Use at Participating Businesses and Venues

• Sponsored by the State of New York, Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.

• Excelsior pass is free to download and use.

• There are currently three types of Passes:

1. COVID-19 Vaccination Pass

2. COVID-19 PCR Test Pass

3. COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass

• Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, New Yorkers can store Passes digitally on their smartphones to present at participating businesses and venues.

As far as the original paper C.D.C. card goes, it is as useless as a social security card for any form pf identification since almost anyone with a printer can produce one.

• Passes can be retrieved from https://epass.ny.gov and saved to the Excelsior Pass Wallet for easy access when needed. Download Excelsior Pass Wallet and be part of the safe reopening of New York State.

If they are going to be serious about proof of vaccination or other information that deals with COVID it would make sense to have one system so people would have less problems crossing State lines.  .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

• For New Yorkers • Use at Participating Businesses and Venues

• Sponsored by the State of New York, Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.

• Excelsior pass is free to download and use.

• There are currently three types of Passes:

1. COVID-19 Vaccination Pass

2. COVID-19 PCR Test Pass

3. COVID-19 Antigen Test Pass

• Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, New Yorkers can store Passes digitally on their smartphones to present at participating businesses and venues.

As far as the original paper C.D.C. card goes, it is as useless as a social security card for any form pf identification since almost anyone with a printer can produce one.

• Passes can be retrieved from https://epass.ny.gov and saved to the Excelsior Pass Wallet for easy access when needed. Download Excelsior Pass Wallet and be part of the safe reopening of New York State.

If they are going to be serious about proof of vaccination or other information that deals with COVID it would make sense to have one system so people would have less problems crossing State lines.  .

Hence the problem, getting to have states let alone countries to agree on one form is going to take a while to figure out.  The CDC card I agree is useless, so easy to copy.  The acceptable form/standard will not be anytime soon I think and it will be piecemeal for each company/country what is and not accepted for Covid vaccine 

• Like 1

It is going to be what it is going to be... for now, mostly because there are some that don't want a "government" national data base for anything... much less vaccination records we will have to all submit the proof that we have, and as of now it is the CDC card. Yes there are some that will try to scam the system, and think they are putting one over but at the end of the day I have to ask the question posed by Aretha Franklin "Who's Zoomin' Who?"

Stay Safe everyone and #GetTheShot(s)

Edited by rucrazy
  • Thanks 1

It looks like the EU will soon start allowing US citizens who are fully vaccinated to travel into EU member countries without Covid tests and/or quarantine, this is great news for cruises this summer and fall.  The CDC vaccination cards will also be accepted for US citizens once approved by the EU.

Americans set to learn if they will be allowed to fly to Europe (msn.com)

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

This isn't surprising, but I think what I am reading here is that we should bring our actual vaccine cards and not a copy. I feel like they are the most valuable things we own right now and so I have them stored with our passports! The ones we got are larger than a credit card and so they don't fit perfectly in a wallet. Because we didn't get them through our health care providers or use insurance (we went to a tribal health center that was sharing excess vaccine) the card is the only evidence we have, other than our own testimony.

• Like 1

I agree with Irvington on using the original and I too have mine with the Passport…..you know, that document that has a national database tracking it. We have tons of national databases that are affective and needed and this is another one. Please Do Not Repeat the ‘Slippery Slope’ silliness. 

And I’ll disagree that the vaccine card is useless because it can be duplicated. Yes, some guy who is soooo paranoid about vaccines wants to cruise/travel is going to get a fake one. Yeah possible. Numbers? In my very unknowledge level, very very low numbers. And that type of idiot will not be able to keep their mouth shut and will somehow let others know. So yes, possible. Threat to others, very low. 

I think I posted this before, but with (most) all vaccinated on a cruise, we won’t have to listen to one of those anti-vaccers or whoever going on and on. I’ve learned there is no way of discussing rationally with that so I just step away (well, flee!). 

Den 

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I never really looked at that card as permanent proof of immunization as much as a tracking method for public clinics where two different agencies or providers might be giving the first and second doses. Kind of strange to me how it's morphed, and we'll see for how long.

You "should" be able to go to your primary care provider/network, tell them when and where you were vaccinated (show them the card) and sign a records release request back to the agency that vaccinated you to get a copy of your vaccine record released to your PCM. That way they have a record with your other vaccines, and when something sensible like a certification from your physician that your were vaccinated becomes the norm, you won't have to worry about losing the card. I still need to look at what DW received at an employer sponsored event (it may be enough for her PCM)! It probably only becomes confusing if it was, for instance, a county health department sponsored event organized by a local medical group. But I'm pretty confident there's a record you can access out there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I agree with Irvington on using the original and I too have mine with the Passport…..you know, that document that has a national database tracking it. We have tons of national databases that are affective and needed and this is another one. Please Do Not Repeat the ‘Slippery Slope’ silliness. 

And I’ll disagree that the vaccine card is useless because it can be duplicated. Yes, some guy who is soooo paranoid about vaccines wants to cruise/travel is going to get a fake one. Yeah possible. Numbers? In my very unknowledge level, very very low numbers. And that type of idiot will not be able to keep their mouth shut and will somehow let others know. So yes, possible. Threat to others, very low. 

I think I posted this before, but with (most) all vaccinated on a cruise, we won’t have to listen to one of those anti-vaccers or whoever going on and on. I’ve learned there is no way of discussing rationally with that so I just step away (well, flee!). 

Den 

Since we got our shots at our local CVS, they are on our record with them and they can issue a duplicate if we request one. I suspect there will be a way CVS in the near future  can provide the information in a way we could display it on a phone app. Losing our cards is the least of our worries, we keep them with our passports and I am more concerned about losing them.