Laundry Services Stopped?

mellon1

18 hours ago, mellon1 said:

My husband just asked if anyone on CC mentioned about the laundry services onboard with all the covid regulations.  I said I hadn't seen anything.  How would that work?  Lots of elites onboard with free laundry.  Self-service would  be an issue also I would think as other people's clothes washed prior to your load going in.  I know soap is supposed to kill covid; however, with all the CDC requirements, I wonder what they are doing about this issue.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?  

Thanks...Mary

Making mountains out of not even mole hills.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Or if before embarking you spent a week or two on land based vacation days and thus do not have enough clean clothes for the Princess voyage.

Very easy, laundromats are easy to find if on a land based vacation if doing laundry is that important to you.  I always pack so I don't need to do laundry... 

We have always packed light, one suitcase and one daypack each. Always have had enough for our 30 to 40 days on board plus some pre-cruise days. When on board we send our laundry out every few days. Never have experienced the laundry damaging our clothing.

For us elite laundry is the best elite benefit since we book multiple b2b cruises.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, skynight said:

We have always packed light, one suitcase and one daypack each. Always have had enough for our 30 to 40 days on board plus some pre-cruise days. When on board we send our laundry out every few days. Never have experienced the laundry damaging our clothing.

For us elite laundry is the best elite benefit since we book multiple b2b cruises.

I don't know how you do it? For that length of trip, we check 3 large suitcases and each have a carry-on.  A girl has to have choices!!! 

We also send out laundry often, but not our "nice" clothing.  We have had several items damaged over the years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

I don't know how you do it? For that length of trip, we check 3 large suitcases and each have a carry-on.  A girl has to have choices!!! 

We also send out laundry often, but not our "nice" clothing.  We have had several items damaged over the years.

We always seem to bring items we don't use. We have a list, adjust it after each trip. It was a little more difficult on our two trips around Cape Horn as well as the North Atlantic. We had to bring both tropical warm clothing. Have a whole bunch of mix and match clothing, nothing really fancy. Use layers for colder voyages.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, skynight said:

We've not checked luggage in years. We have one carryon & one personal item each. Our longest cruise has been 30 days. I do the self service laundry a couple of times. Not messing with checked luggage & lost luggage is really nice. Our next cruise will be our 1st as elite. Still debating using the free laundry perk. I've heard good & bad about it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1965 said:

We've not checked luggage in years. We have one carryon & one personal item each. Our longest cruise has been 30 days. I do the self service laundry a couple of times. Not messing with checked luggage & lost luggage is really nice. Our next cruise will be our 1st as elite. Still debating using the free laundry perk. I've heard good & bad about it.

We love the free laundry. We take the risk of damaged clothing, but it has never happened to us. Maybe it's the kind of clothing we carry along. Nothing delicate. Free laundry service does take up to 3 days. You need enough clothing to cover that continuous time frame. Some clothing is always out to the laundry. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 3

On 5/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, mellon1 said:

My husband just asked if anyone on CC mentioned about the laundry services onboard with all the covid regulations.  I said I hadn't seen anything.  How would that work?  Lots of elites onboard with free laundry.  Self-service would  be an issue also I would think as other people's clothes washed prior to your load going in.  I know soap is supposed to kill covid; however, with all the CDC requirements, I wonder what they are doing about this issue.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?  

Thanks...Mary

You are only inviting speculation.  There is enough of this going on already.  In time you will get your answer from Princess.

On 5/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, pris993 said:

Really, I have traveled for 6 weeks, only washing underwear in a sink???   

Washing underwear in the sink is the quickest to make sure you'll have them for the next day.....without holes or shrinkage.

My husband had been doing it for years now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Washing underwear in the sink is the quickest to make sure you'll have them for the next day.....without holes or shrinkage.

My husband had been doing it for years now.

We're on holiday. I prefer not to be doing my unmentionables in the sink...definitely taking a hard pass on that option.😵

• Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 7:52 PM, oskidunker said:

Misleading title. 

Sorry didn't mean it to be misleading.  There is no cruising going on now and just wondered if laundry services stopped.  No changing rooms are open at stores.  We  use the laundry, as I am sure many.  

On 5/19/2021 at 9:29 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

No, but there's a better chance that COVID could be passed between unmasked, unvaccinated folks while passing in and out of or waiting in the laundry room for their clothes to finish. That's why we're hoping Princess chooses the 95/98% vaccinated option when submitting their Phase 2A protocol plans to drastically minimize that potential.

We too are hoping Princess requires vaccines.  It would make things easier for all,

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 4:49 PM, LACruiser88 said:

10 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

We too are hoping Princess requires vaccines.  It would make things easier for all,

On 5/20/2021 at 4:49 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Thanks to everyone for all the input.  In the end, we feel CDC will be the ones to determine if laundry will be feasible on the ship. Masks are not mandatory but still masks are being worn.  I am hoping we will have laundry services for sure.  Not one to do undies in the sink.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 9:29 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

No, but there's a better chance that COVID could be passed between unmasked, unvaccinated folks while passing in and out of or waiting in the laundry room for their clothes to finish. That's why we're hoping Princess chooses the 95/98% vaccinated option when submitting their Phase 2A protocol plans to drastically minimize that potential.

This is a non issue for vaccinated folks.  The people who are not vaccinated are taking their chances.

• Like 2