New rules about bringing soda, juice and water on board.

CineGraphic

49 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Thanks to @Ombud for noticing this tidbit in the new terms.

1311889418_Screenshot_20210524-182600_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.4744903b18e5455a236669bae7f56528.thumb.jpg.e064e4f55d9bdbd3ecfe75290604a5e1.jpg

I wonder why they didn't state "plastic bottles" in the first sentence?  We wine drinkers bring wine on in glass bottles, so makes me wonder if the folks bringing non-alcoholic drinks will question why they cannot bring glass bottles.  I know some juices can be purchased that way.  Anyway, doesn't affect me. 

But, I do wonder what is going to happen with bottled water?  This was discussed a bit on another recent thread.  I like to have the starter set and then re-fill as needed.  Maybe they will be providing nalgene bottles, or BYOB?  Somehow, I doubt we will be given water in paper containers, unless the science is there.  Hmmm... Google led me to this:  https://paperwaterbottle.com/.  Another option is Tetrapak I suppose.  It's going to be a new experience when we go back to sea.

• Thanks 1

This is what happens when people cheat - it makes it more difficult for the rest of us. I suspect it is too easy to refill and recap a glass or plastic bottle and that people have used them to sneak alcoholic beverages onboard.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

This is what happens when people cheat - it makes it more difficult for the rest of us. I suspect it is too easy to refill and recap a glass or plastic bottle and that people have used them to sneak alcoholic beverages onboard.

I do not think this move to go away from plastic bottles has anything to do with people sneaking on liquor.  I don't remember where I read it a while ago, but there are entire forum threads out there on the interwebs about how best to smuggle on booze.  It is not a new thing.  But with the many options available for very little markup, more lines are offering beverage packages included.  I've never brought on liquor but I have brought on several bottles of wine before.  Not recently though.  

• Thanks 1

The days of people "checking in" 12 one litre bottles of water would seem to over.

The assumption is that this is being done to reduce the amount of plastic packaging that Princess has to dispose of, which can only be applauded. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The days of people "checking in" 12 one litre bottles of water would seem to over.

The assumption is that this is being done to reduce the amount of plastic packaging that Princess has to dispose of, which can only be applauded. 

My assumption it is so Princess can sell you the water.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I do not think this move to go away from plastic bottles has anything to do with people sneaking on liquor.  I don't remember where I read it a while ago, but there are entire forum threads out there on the interwebs about how best to smuggle on booze.  It is not a new thing.  But with the many options available for very little markup, more lines are offering beverage packages included.  I've never brought on liquor but I have brought on several bottles of wine before.  Not recently though.  

I would agree with you if the prohibition were on plastic bottles only. But it appears to apply to glass bottles also. And they allow glass bottles of wine (with corkage if you bring more than one each), so I don't think a prohibition on glass bottles has anything to do with the environment.

35 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

Where did you find this??? I was looking & couldn’t find it.  

It was in the original posted link that @CineGraphicposted. Oddly, the 1st post that I see now is where he's referencing a response I made to his post 🤔

I can't find the statement anywhere on Princesses website.  

There seems to be an issue with an snippit, instead of a link.  I run into this problem on FB frequently.  Mostly people who want to "make their point" without giving the entire picture.  

1 hour ago, justafem said:

There seems to be an issue with an snippit, instead of a link.  I run into this problem on FB frequently.  Mostly people who want to "make their point" without giving the entire picture.  

https://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessus/PassageContract.pdf?cid=brand_email_info_internal_newsletter_agentnews_se1ms048_210524_&eccn=&rrid=00132928&mi_u=00132928

Edited by Jadn13

I have future cruises that I have put deposits on and agreed and “signed” passenger contract when doing so. This language is not in any of the passenger contracts. Can

they now change the terms of the contract?

4 minutes ago, bj24 said:

I have future cruises that I have put deposits on and agreed and “signed” passenger contract when doing so. This language is not in any of the passenger contracts. Can

they now change the terms of the contract?

Quite simply:  yes

I believe that the contract in place when you sail, not the one when you book, is the governing document.

4 hours ago, justafem said:

My snippet was from a link that was the opening post in another thread.  'The entire picture' is that the new passenger contract posted on FB has several changes in addition to Covid-19 vaccines. 1 being wine corkage goes from 15->20, another being that you cannot bring an unlimited amount of beverages onboard, still another being that only certain containers are permitted, and finally that all open containers must be poured out before embarking. The new contract is here:

https://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessus/PassageContract.pdf?cid=brand_email_info_internal_newsletter_agentnews_se1ms048_210524_&eccn=&rrid=00132928&mi_u=00132928

1 hour ago, bj24 said:

Well, this stinks!  

I won't argue that point but, if it is any consolation, I think that is an industry wide practice based on all the critical comments I've read here on cruise critic over the years!

47 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I won't argue that point but, if it is any consolation, I think that is an industry wide practice based on all the critical comments I've read here on cruise critic over the years!

Maybe post COVID pause it will change.  I carried on water and soda on celebrity and Azamara and princess in  2019 and 2020 so not standard practice 

5 minutes ago, bj24 said:

Maybe post COVID pause it will change.  I carried on water and soda on celebrity and Azamara and princess in  2019 and 2020 so not standard practice 

Sorry I misunderstood your post.  You weren't quoting another post so I thought you were referring to the one directly above yours concerning changes to the cruise contract.  I agree with your comment about soda and water.

2 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Quite simply:  yes

I believe that the contract in place when you sail, not the one when you book, is the governing document.

• Like 1