Carnival Stock owner's benefit question for 2021

RRFan

Has anyone tried to submit their owner's benefit request to Princess for any of the newly added Alaska cruises on the Majestic beginning in July?  Just wondering if they will be honoring the owner's benefit as they did before CV.  Thanks in advance for any information.

I just emailed it yesterday and had it that morning (booked Majestic Princess August 15th Friday)

Adding: i did not use the form. Just forwarded my booking confirmation & brokerage statement

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

Do you still have to FAX in your shareholder's or can you E-mail it in?

You can now submit requests by email:

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

I did this recently for a late 2022 cruise & it was issued within a few hours.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

THANK YOU everyone for the responses!!  We're going to Alaska in Sept so I hadn't tried yet.  In another thread people had said Carnival had cancelled that benefit last year.  I am thrilled to know they are still honoring it!!  I will send it in soon.

Has anyone requested it to be applied to a 2022 cruise yet?  Pre-covid - it seemed there was not a defined window for when you could have it applied, but with HAL there was.  

We have it applied to our 2021 cruises, but not our 2022 one yet.

Don

Edited by Mud_Shark

2 hours ago, RRFan said:

THANK YOU everyone for the responses!!  We're going to Alaska in Sept so I hadn't tried yet.  In another thread people had said Carnival had cancelled that benefit last year.  I am thrilled to know they are still honoring it!!  I will send it in soon.

The chances of them ever ending it are quite small; it is a marketing tool that costs them next to nothing.

Some on these boards speculated that it would end because of cruise line debt, or be modified to have to own more stock when the stock price dipped to extreme lows. But none of that occurred. I rather doubt either was ever even considered by their board of directors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Has anyone requested it to be applied to a 2022 cruise yet?  Pre-covid - it seemed there was not a defined window for when you could have it applied, but with HAL there was.  

Don

I emailed in two applications a few days ago, one for our November 2021 trip and one for our February 2022 trip. Both were applied to my account within hours.

4 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Don

We’ve already received the OBC for our Aug. 2022 cruise. 

Okay thanks.   I need to try to get our account straightened out this coming week after the password reset debacle, but if I can do that, I will then get the shareholder rate applied to our 2022 cruises.  I want to book an extra cruise but can't as my account has been reset.

Don

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They sure tossed the old rule to the wind about owning the shares close to the cruise date.  I used to apply after FP Date.

They did this after requiring that shore excursions reserved before embarkation had to be paid at the time of reserving them.

A main use of OBC was to pay for shore excursions once on board, but that went out the window ehen they had to be paid for when reserved. So Princess was faced with passengers possibly not reserving shore excursions in advance, waiting to reserve once on board when OBC could be used.

Thus the change to allow stockholder OBC to be added to the account early.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

They did this after requiring that shore excursions reserved before embarkation had to be paid at the time of reserving them.

A main use of OBC was to pay for shore excursions once on board, but that went out the window ehen they had to be paid for when reserved. So Princess was faced with passengers possibly not reserving shore excursions in advance, waiting to reserve once on board when OBC could be used.

Thus the change to allow stockholder OBC to be added to the account early.

Yes, this change was a reaction to the negative feedback that Princess received from its passengers when they no longer allowed pre-booking excursions and having them not charged to ones credit card until after boarding. This change seems only to apply to Princess among the lines owned by the Carnival Corporation. Also it only applies to excursions, not anything else one may pre-book.  

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

This change seems only to apply to Princess among the lines owned by the Carnival Corporation.

That is the other CCL Corp cruise brands always required pre-payment for excursions booked in advance of the cruise.

Princess was the only one with the option of waiting to pay until the cruiser itself.

Then Princess decided to make itself less unique and more like the competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

That is the other CCL Corp cruise brands always required pre-payment for excursions booked in advance of the cruise.

Princess was the only one with the option of waiting to pay until the cruiser itself.

Then Princess decided to make itself less unique and more like the competition.

And that is what brought about a flurry of negativity towards Princess, and eventually the compromise they made that allowed OBC to be used for excursions before boarding. And note this policy only applies to excursions.

I email a copy of my latest brokerage statement section showing my name / date / CCL shares + booking confirmation to sbpcl@princesscruises.com . I've even just sent a screenshot showing multiple booked cruises. Apparently not picking about how they get the booking #. But is this what you're looking for?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=808847

Edited by Ombud

6 minutes ago, bren51 said:

Would someone have the link to the shareholders form to submit.  Thank you

Special form is not required. Just provide all the information mentioned according to the instructions and mail, fax or e-mail to Princess. Refer to:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 1