***CDC Allows Celebrity Edge to Sail From Fort Lauderdale June 26***

17 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I would not call us "entitled". More, wanting to be as safe as possible in a controlled environment, which a cruise ship is. Allowing un-vaxxed passengers is a nightmare waiting to happen, especially when those un-vaxxed passengers are kids. Kids who can not and do not understand safety guidelines. Kids who will undoubtedly push all the elevator buttons like they have done for decades. That's all a part of being a kid and I understand that. I just do not want those kids spreading a deadly virus all over a ship which is a controlled environment. Sanitation measures aside, you CAN NOT sanitize your world.

Call me entitled if you wish. I just do not see it that way. I'm careful and tend to want to stay as safe as possible in my daily life and that includes being on a cruise ship. Cruising with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers is the ONLY way to cruise as safely as possible. Count me out on any cruise ships that allows any un-vaccinated passengers or crew........ at least for the start up of cruising out of the US. Hopefully, things will change as we get more US citizens vaccinated and reach a safe herd immunity in our country.

As an aside..........I'm fully vaccinated and happily navigating life without a mask on ever since the CDC gave us guidelines that vaccinated people do not have to mask up. I do, however, continue to wear a mask if a sign is posted on any building that I wish to enter that masks are 

well, I disagree, I do think you are entitled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lakinapook said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I still see this as hypocrisy. I think it's unfair that I am obligated to get a vaccine for a disease that poses little risk to me. But I will do it for the "greater good". Yet some sourpusses can't extend the same grace to the child!ren of the world. Entitled.

Seriously....you sound like you are "angry as hell and aren't going to take it anymore"! You just may be too young to understand that very popular dialogue from an older movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Are you aware that plenty of young people, with NO comorbidities have died from Covid? Are you aware there are plenty of young people who are suffering with long haul Covid side effects that just may change their lives forever because of debilitating side effects of Covid? I don't know about you, but if I were young, which I'm not, I would most certainly get myself vaccinated.

This first youngish 40 year old I had heard of passing away from complications of Covid was a vibrant Broadway performer who was a singer and dancer. He wound up with one leg amputated because of blood clots that were caused from Covid. He never knew his leg was amputated though because he remained in an induced coma for the couple of months he was hospitalized. He never came out of that coma.

PLENTY is a really vague amount, and you are wrong anyway. Very few young people with no comorbidities have died from covid.

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Seriously....you sound like you are "angry as hell and aren't going to take it anymore"! You just may be too young to understand that very popular dialogue from an older movie.

You are the one who keeps angrily responding to things I wrote, one after the other, oh I just got notified you have responded to yet another post. You can ignore me lady. That's an option. Y

Edited by lakinapook

I understand that. I am saying this group here is being discriminatory. 

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your "age discrimination" comment. I thought you were referring to age discrimination by the cruise lines not kids not vaccinated on board. Sorry.

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Saw Ace’s post in your quote, I am

pretty sure the “masks forever movement” has already been debunked by many line’s policy, as well as CDC. 

Ace marches to the beat of his own drum. LOL.

I understand that we all see the world through our own so selfish lens, so I expect that the angry child haters will not accept that children are just as entitled to a cruise as the are even if it inconveniences some. I just wanted to point out that your world view is not the only one

Why not just wait for the children to be vaccinated so everyone, including the kids, can enjoy a cruise as if it were pre-Covid? That is without needing to wear masks and social distance. Isn't that the way you would prefer to enjoy a cruise? How about kids? Don't you think they would prefer to cruise without have to be masked up?

Personally, I would much prefer to spend my vacation dollars on an experience that does not include masking and distancing mandated. I've done that on land for well over a year. Don't want to do it on a cruise ship and have to spend money to do it.

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

@lakinapook Why do you keep quoting yourself? You are confusing me.

7 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Ace marches to the beat of his own drum. LOL.

9 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood your "age discrimination" comment. I thought you were referring to age discrimination by the cruise lines not kids not vaccinated on board. Sorry.

11 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

For sure!

13 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

You can just accumulate all of your grievances with me into one post you know. It would save time for both of us.

1 hour ago, lakinapook said:

And my point was that if the roles were swapped and we had restrictions because of old passengers no one would be complaining. And it wouldn't ruin my vacation, it would ruin my vacation if RCL said no kids. The idea of a vacation ruination is subjective depending on your perspective. 

Seriously, it isn't all about you.

Sorry, but you are wrong.  If there was a policy that made me, a vaccinated person, need to wear a mask, and social distance, and modify what I could or could not do, because old passengers were not vaccinated; I would be saying exactly the same thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lakinapook said:

Realistically, if the vaccine on its own isn't enough to protect you, so much so that you only wish to associate with other vaccinated people, then what was the point in taking the vaccine at all? you do realize you won't be able to keep away from unvaccinated people forever, right?

You really refuse to see the issue that enough unvaccinated cruisers will negatively impact the cruise experience to the point that it is unrecognizable as such. NONE of this has anything to do with keeping away from untaxed or evening concerned about transmission from unvaxed.  I have absolutely no fear of being around unvaccinated people, but i will not modify my experience for your benefit.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Sorry, but you are wrong.  If there was a policy that made me, a vaccinated person, need to wear a mask, and social distance, and modify what I could or could not do, because old passengers were not vaccinated; I would be saying exactly the same thing. 

No one would even consider banning old people because it is a legal minefield. You wouldn't complain because there wouldn't even be a discussion.

4 hours ago, MacMarauder said:

I have two kids ages 3 and 6, my strategy is just to wait a bit before taking them on another cruise. They are super excited just to go to the beach and zoo this year so maybe 2022 we will cruise again. There are lots of vacation options for families with kids, no one is entitled to go on a cruise if you don't like the current policies just sit it out for a bit. Also FWIW I've never felt like anyone is attacking kids or families on here.

A voice of reason. Thank you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You really refuse to see the issue that enough unvaccinated cruisers will negatively impact the cruise experience to the point that it is unrecognizable as such. NONE of this has anything to do with keeping away from untaxed or evening concerned about transmission from untaxed.  I have absolutely no fear of being around unvaccinated people, but i will not modify my experience for your benefit.

FOR YOU. My family is perfectly happy to take things as they come without recriminations. If you can't be grateful for your blessings thats your problem, not mine.

36 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You should not be going on any cruise if you are afraid that a 'nighmare'  may occur. It sounds like you do not trust the science of your vaccine. 

Oh.... and per your request.... you're entitled. 

I don't think it has anything to do with the science, likely concerned about an outbreak amongst the unvaccinated curtailing the cruise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lakinapook said:

nope I can edit, just don't care

Then that's just silly. I can see in your quoting yourself that yiu are trying to expand on what you said, which is normal, just think about using the edit feature.

That way you have less posts debunking your 'logic'😉