Suite Lounge Open During Adventure of the Seas from Nassau?

I’m considering upgrading my Junior Suite to a Grand Suite on my Adventure of the Seas sailing from Nassau this July.  Is there a general idea as to whether the Suite Lounge will be available during these sailings?  Any hints as to RCCL’s intentions here?  It is definitely one of my main reasons for booking Grand Suites and probably would not pay the premium over a Junior Suite for the other perks alone.

28 minutes ago, SailorMarg said:

I’m considering upgrading my Junior Suite to a Grand Suite on my Adventure of the Seas sailing from Nassau this July.  Is there a general idea as to whether the Suite Lounge will be available during these sailings?  Any hints as to RCCL’s intentions here?  It is definitely one of my main reasons for booking Grand Suites and probably would not pay the premium over a Junior Suite for the other perks alone.

At this time there really isn't much indication whether the SL will be open or not but there have been rumblings about the DL not being open.  I would be very very surprised if they did not have a SL....but that is nothing more than an educated guess.  Nobody knows yet.

Personally, I think being in a full suite, with Concierge access, will be even more important post-COVID than it was pre-COVID.  Unless things change (which is always possible), being able to make your dinner and entertainment (on the ships that allow such things) reservations (via the Concierge) prior to boarding will be a big plus, IMO.  Also, priority disembarkation (varies by ship) will also be helpful, I think.  I feel confident that even if the SL is closed (which I, personally, doubt), you will still have access to some restaurant for breakfast.  I think the Suites perks are going to be very useful - especially right at first.

• Thanks 2

I for one will be highly disappointed if when I pay the premium for a Grand suite + I do not have access to all the amenities that that is supposed to entail.  Though depending on the ship the SL is not the only super benefit of a grand suite +

1 hour ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I wouldn’t if you are on one of the last 3 cruises in July. I would wait to see if they do Royal Up. 
There’s a significant amount of GS and above on the last 3 weeks of July. 
The RS is available on one of them. 

I’m sailing on July 24 and there are actually just 6 GS remaining on this sailing.  Otherwise I might risk waiting for Royal Up options.  For our first cruise back, I don’t necessarily want to risk not getting what I would prefer. The cost of the GS had dropped slightly and, although still way more than we have ever paid for a 7 night GS, it is now a bit easier to swallow.  

Also, I sent a message to RCCL via their FB page and received an answer that the Suite Lounge *will* be available on my sailing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

What does a small 500 square foot enclosed room (suite lounge) do that's better than an entire 100,000 square foot ship?

Free happy hour drinks. The concierge if they want to book stuff. Better coffee than the Mdr and WJ.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SailorMarg said:

I’m sailing on July 24 and there are actually just 6 GS remaining on this sailing.  Otherwise I might risk waiting for Royal Up options.  For our first cruise back, I don’t necessarily want to risk not getting what I would prefer. The cost of the GS had dropped slightly and, although still way more than we have ever paid for a 7 night GS, it is now a bit easier to swallow.  

Also, I sent a message to RCCL via their FB page and received an answer that the Suite Lounge *will* be available on my sailing.

It changed in the last 2 hours. There were 12 listed on a non Royal site when I posted.  Maybe that site doesn’t update continually. 

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

What does a small 500 square foot enclosed room (suite lounge) do that's better than an entire 100,000 square foot ship?

The room itself is not the draw.  The round the clock decent coffee, and happy hour are perks I’m looking forward to, in addition to the other suite benefits.  Happier to have them as advertised, than not have them.  

• Like 1

We all have our reasons for the suites....   personally I have only been in the lounge during happy hour once or twice.  It's typically crowded,  and I travel with my kids and don't typically go places on board without them... and I know many people don't like kids in the lounge. it's just never been for us.  I can get drinks and coffee elsewhere on the ship with my drink pkg. The concierge is nice and all but they usually have limited hours and I can often get help faster in guest services, with the same recognition and treatment.

I like the suite for the treatment.  You usually get gifts delivered to your room,  good seats, and just overall better service and recognition.  

I also love the extra space in the rooms.  

We all have our reasons 🙂    

Everything I'm hearing is the details of the changes just keep getting better each week.   Keep those fingers crossed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

It's typically crowded,  and I travel with my kids and don't typically go places on board without them... and I know many people don't like kids in the lounge. it's just never been for us. 

It's usually crowded on the first night, but not after that.  And we've never had an issue with anyone not liking kids in the lounge.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

It's usually crowded on the first night, but not after that.  And we've never had an issue with anyone not liking kids in the lounge.

Probably just depends ship to ship, sailing to sailing. 

I stopped by one night because  I just needed to ask the concierge for help with something. Didn't come to eat or drink.  It was  packed...    I couldn't get to him.   After about 5 minutes I gave up and left.  I think it was a lot of PC folks on board though.  So that could be why. 

Went another time on Enchantment and had a nice time, but when my kid went to the buffet someone told them, they were taking too long choosing something, and should go to the windjammer "where kids belong"

Another time I popped in with kids during the day, and it was just me talking to the concierge, and my kids waiting and talking on the chairs.  Woman was knitting. she snatched up her stuff, and said we were being so loud.  

We may have had some one-offs,  but our experiences haven't been super pleasant.  Others have  been diamond club, not suite lounge, but I find them similarly not for us.    I love my cruise line, and the suites.... but the lounge just hasn't been a good experience for us. 

i still love my suites, just for different reasons.  🙂

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Probably just depends ship to ship, sailing to sailing. 

I stopped by one night because  I just needed to ask the concierge for help with something. Didn't come to eat or drink.  It was  packed...    I couldn't get to him.   After about 5 minutes I gave up and left.  I think it was a lot of PC folks on board though.  So that could be why. 

Went another time on Enchantment and had a nice time, but when my kid went to the buffet someone told them, they were taking too long choosing something, and should go to the windjammer "where kids belong"

Another time I popped in with kids during the day, and it was just me talking to the concierge, and my kids waiting and talking on the chairs.  Woman was knitting. she snatched up her stuff, and said we were being so loud.  

We may have had some one-offs,  but our experiences haven't been super pleasant.  Others have  been diamond club, not suite lounge, but I find them similarly not for us.    I love my cruise line, and the suites.... but the lounge just hasn't been a good experience for us. 

i still love my suites, just for different reasons.  🙂

We didn’t get the drink package this time — it was one or the other and we liked the overall suite benefits for the money vs the drink package.  So the coffee and happy hour are perks we are hoping to enjoy.

I doubt we would enjoy the kind of attitude you’ve experienced though.  I enjoy having kids around, especially well behaved ones.  As an avid knitter, I’m embarrassed to hear about your encounter.  I can guarantee you if there had been a second knitter, they would have been chatting away — knitting is not a quiet required activity.  Sounds like you are well able to fully enjoy your trip regardless of stuffy people 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

We didn’t get the drink package this time — it was one or the other and we liked the overall suite benefits for the money vs the drink package.  So the coffee and happy hour are perks we are hoping to enjoy.

I doubt we would enjoy the kind of attitude you’ve experienced though.  I enjoy having kids around, especially well behaved ones.  As an avid knitter, I’m embarrassed to hear about your encounter.  I can guarantee you if there had been a second knitter, they would have been chatting away — knitting is not a quiet required activity.  Sounds like you are well able to fully enjoy your trip regardless of stuffy people 🙂

Makes sense!   Every cruise my wife questions whether we need the pkg.    We tried it once without it.  I hated it,   she thought it was fine.  Ha!   It's all so subjective.  

As for  the lounge, My kids are good kids. It's not exactly exciting for them to sit in there anyway.  We personally just didn't get much out of it.   Couple wishy washy experiences.   We'll try again for sure.

For your situation, I say book it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Makes sense!   Every cruise my wife questions whether we need the pkg.    We tried it once without it.  I hated it,   she thought it was fine.  Ha!   It's all so subjective.  

As for  the lounge, My kids are good kids. It's not exactly exciting for them to sit in there anyway.  We personally just didn't get much out of it.   Couple wishy washy experiences.   We'll try again for sure.

For your situation, I say book it. 

I love having the drink package, but I’m used to NCL where we just pay the gratuity.  Pricing was just a bit steep this go around.

I absolutely believe you have great kids — your online presence is thoughtful and balanced, which I expect is also present in your parenting 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I suspect that I would have had a few choice words for the woman.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Possibly certain free drinks all day might appeal.