Question about beverage package included in Princess Plus

DavidsNana

I just booked a cruise for my son and myself (son is adult) and included the Princess Plus features even though I am Elite.  I have never done a beverage package before.  I was reading the Terms & Conditions of the Premier Beverage Package on the website and it says "The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s)......  So my question is this sounds like if my son wants to have a bud light, then he will not be able to get a bottle but just by the glass, included in the pkg, is this correct?  I am not a beer drinker so I really do not know if this would make a difference to him but I thought that I would find out and let him know in case it makes a difference.  I know that I like my coke in cans so as to stay colder longer and not be diluted with ice and I understand that no cans of coke are included but I have them in my mini bar set up when I want a can rather than a glass so that is not a problem.  Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Barbara

It's worded poorly, but I believe Princess means that included in the pkg are wine by the glass, and all beer, spirits and cocktails menu-priced up to $12.00 ... in our beer experiece we have been given beer in a bottle

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 2

All beer is from bottles except the odd can.  You can have it poured into a glass or not.

All soda in package is from a soda gun.  You can bring a case of 12 cans on board on first day. 

The rule is drinks over $12 are full price but some bartenders only charge the difference.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that any beer that is not on tap, is served in a bottle with a glass. Also as you state, included Soda is only from the gun. You can order a can and pay separately.

Must say though that Beer should always be drunk from a glass. Possibly does not apply to Bud Light because it is not really a beer 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

All beer is from bottles except the odd can.  You can have it poured into a glass or not.

All soda in package is from a soda gun.  You can bring a case of 12 cans on board on first day. 

The rule is drinks over $12 are full price but some bartenders only charge the difference.

Most drinks on Princess ships is within the limit. There is also a  15 drink limit per day for alcoholic drinks. No limit for sodas and coffee drinks.  It is an excellent value for those of us who like their cocktails

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

I just booked a cruise for my son and myself (son is adult) and included the Princess Plus features even though I am Elite.  I have never done a beverage package before.  I was reading the Terms & Conditions of the Premier Beverage Package on the website and it says "The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s)......  So my question is this sounds like if my son wants to have a bud light, then he will not be able to get a bottle but just by the glass, included in the pkg, is this correct?  I am not a beer drinker so I really do not know if this would make a difference to him but I thought that I would find out and let him know in case it makes a difference.  I know that I like my coke in cans so as to stay colder longer and not be diluted with ice and I understand that no cans of coke are included but I have them in my mini bar set up when I want a can rather than a glass so that is not a problem.  Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Barbara

You can buy canned sodas with a 25% discount if you finish your mini bar.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/disclaimer/

I am also sailing with my adult son - he is autistic & doesn’t drink alcohol. Are mocktails included in the package? And would bartenders be able/willing to mix fruit juice drinks for him to order if he doesn’t like listed mocktails? He can be quite fussy. 😁

Beer. All beer is covered under the plan since I have never seen a beer menu prices over $12. Almost all beer is in bottles, some like bud light usually are stocked 16 oz. aluminum bottles.

Mocktails are included in the package. No limit. 

Special fruit drinks where fresh fruit is blended, maybe. Terms state fresh juices (if available) are included. You would have to ask on board what they offer. Basically any alcoholic drink can be ordered without alcohol. You don't have to be limited to just the listed mocktails. The Caribbean Princess has a special youth bar on deck 17 by the splash pool if you are on that ship.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Angela93 said:

I am also sailing with my adult son - he is autistic & doesn’t drink alcohol. Are mocktails included in the package? And would bartenders be able/willing to mix fruit juice drinks for him to order if he doesn’t like listed mocktails? He can be quite fussy. 😁

Mocktails are included in the package, Also included,  hot chocolate by the International Cafe if he likes.. Hot chocolate is free in the dining room.   I often just have juice from the bar.  Most bartenders will mix what you want with no problem as long as they have the ingredients.

• Like 1

" Hot chocolate is free in the dining room."

Also free self serve hot chocolate machines (may now be served) are on the Royal & Regal Princess in the buffet area. Not certain on other Royal Class ships. This was not available on Grand Class ships.

The last Princess cruise I was on, the coffee in the buffet was undrinkable.  Someone told me this was true across the fleet. 

After day 1, I started buying coffee in the International Cafe.  I'm assuming those plain coffees I bought will be covered under the beverage plan.

43 minutes ago, FredZiffle said:

The last Princess cruise I was on, the coffee in the buffet was undrinkable.  Someone told me this was true across the fleet. 

After day 1, I started buying coffee in the International Cafe.  I'm assuming those plain coffees I bought will be covered under the beverage plan.

Yes all coffee drinks without alcohol are included with the plan. I have spent many an afternoon sipping mochas at the IC

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yes all coffee drinks without alcohol are included with the plan. I have spent many an afternoon sipping mochas at the IC

Actually you can get coffee with alcohol. You will get one point against your drink count. 

Irish Coffee anyone? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angela93 said:

Many thanks for the replies. We are sailing on the Regal - and my boy loves his hot chocolate! 😁

On the Regal (Royal Class) we found the coffee in Buffet is better.

I think everyone is confusing the Ultimate Soda Package with Ultimate Drinks Package, the can soda limit only applies to the Soda package , ANY beverage under 12 dollars can be ordered , including any caned soda of your choice on the Drinks package. 

The fountain only soda's applies only to the Soda package, NOT the Drink package.

6 minutes ago, srpilo said:

I think everyone is confusing the Ultimate Soda Package with Ultimate Drinks Package, the can soda limit only applies to the Soda package , ANY beverage under 12 dollars can be ordered , including any caned soda of your choice on the Drinks package. 

The fountain only soda's applies only to the Soda package, NOT the Drink package.

You might want to read this, then come back.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/disclaimer/

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Incorrect. The only sodas on the full drink package are from the gun. If you want canned sodas you can buy them at a 25% discount. This changed several years ago

Thanks to everyone for responding to my original post.  I think the first answer was correct, the wording is odd and I read it wrong.  My son agrees that it should say the wine and sprints are only by the glass and that all beer is included in the Premier Beverage Package.  Thanks again to everyone.  Barbara