Vaccine Required! For July in Galveston

19cruiser59

3 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

My point was more about the comment.  Temporarily having to change business model in order to save their business doesn't mean they have abandoned forever their key clientele.  They are still a cruise line that caters to families and will return to that the moment they are allowed to.

It was a bit condescending. Just sayin. You could have started with the expounding...lol. 😁 

So here's how I see this going.  Carnival is likely to stay vaxxed only until such time as they are able to relax that protocol without diminishing from the 'guest experience'.  I expect that they will continue to lobby the CDC for looser restrictions but aren't prepared to offer a less than satisfactory product (masks, distancing, ship excursions, testing, etc.) simply to accommodate the unvaccinated.  We'll see a similar announcement regarding Florida once they iron out everything with respect to vaccination documentation requirements.  I suspect they are very close given what John said this morning.

• Like 11

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Consider two distinct possibilities

a) a child tests positive at embarkation - obviously they will be denied boarding and at least one parent - maybe the whole family since they would have been in close contact.

b) the child tests positive after the cruise begins - it  is possible - the child is put in isolation and the rest of the family is quarantined. The cruise may well be terminated.

On unvaxed cruises Camp Ocean will likely have to be closed. Carnival can't risk a superspreader event.

The child will probably have a lifelong stigma leading to who knows what kind of tragedies.

Yes, case a would be sad, but understandable. I would point out that with vaccinated parents / adult travel companions it shouldn't be a hardship to take precautions before departure that minimize the possibility, i.e. stay away from possible sources of infection.

Only the under twelve in the group would have to be isolated. The CDC has already established that there is no need for the fully vaccinated exposed to covid to quarantine.

Based on studies of in person schooling, with fully vaccinated adults, congregate activities with the under 12 should not pose a serious risk. Remember all pax 12 and over are vaccinated.

Your last point is just silly.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It was a bit condescending. Just sayin. You could have started with the expounding...lol. 😁 

Sarcastic maybe...well for sure😁

• Like 1

Happy happy for the folks sailing out of Galveston in July! Enjoy yourselves.

This was the best and most reasonable decision Carnival could have made. Looking forward to some news about Mardi Gras for the fall. I've been chasing that lady for two years!! 🤪 I don't wanna have to reschedule AGAIN.

Edited by cruizinisthebest
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jsglow said:

So here's how I see this going.  Carnival is likely to stay vaxxed only until such time as they are able to relax that protocol without diminishing from the 'guest experience'.  I expect that they will continue to lobby the CDC for looser restrictions but aren't prepared to offer a less than satisfactory product (masks, distancing, ship excursions, testing, etc.) simply to accommodate the unvaccinated.  We'll see a similar announcement regarding Florida once they iron out everything with respect to vaccination documentation requirements.  I suspect they are very close given what John said this morning.

I hope so.  I am ready to book my August hotel, but want to make sure the cruise will sail.  I do think they are getting close to some type of decision.  It looks like RCL went ahead and made a firm decision and that Carnival is still in the works of some type of deal.

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

Yes, case a would be sad, but understandable. I would point out that with vaccinated parents / adult travel companions it shouldn't be a hardship to take precautions before departure that minimize the possibility, i.e. stay away from possible sources of infection.

Keep a child isolated from friends before the cruise so they don't have to isolate on the cruise? Pull them out of school? Let us know how that works out. The child will hate the cruise before they ever board - if they get on the ship.

Only the under twelve in the group would have to be isolated. The CDC has already established that there is no need for the fully vaccinated exposed to covid to quarantine.

You would seriously isolate a child for the duration of the cruise? If the fully vaccinated exhibit any symptoms they would have to be tested and quarantined, if not isolated. But still a real possibility that the cruise could be terminated.

Based on studies of in person schooling, with fully vaccinated adults, congregate activities with the under 12 should not pose a serious risk. Remember all pax 12 and over are vaccinated.

Never forget there is a risk - even to fully vaccinated passengers.

Your last point is just silly.

Still valid.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Consider two distinct possibilities

a) a child tests positive at embarkation - obviously they will be denied boarding and at least one parent - maybe the whole family since they would have been in close contact.

b) the child tests positive after the cruise begins - it  is possible - the child is put in isolation and the rest of the family is quarantined. The cruise may well be terminated.

On unvaxed cruises Camp Ocean will likely have to be closed. Carnival can't risk a superspreader event.

The child will probably have a lifelong stigma leading to who knows what kind of tragedies.

why would a child be tested during the cruise? a huge vast majority of kids who are positive don't show symptoms. let alone in days 1-3. Super spreader events in camp ocean is highly unlikely. schools have been in person in many areas without these so called super spreader events. and that is with the kids being exposed to unvaccinated adults all the time at home and other events.

kids are just most likely to asymptomatic when they are positive. so most positive cases are largely undiagnosed. Also, breakthough cases are rare. I know we don't have all that much data on it, but they also seem to be asymptomatic. Unless there were required tests of those not exhibiting symptoms, I can't see many tests being conducted during the cruise.

• Like 2

I’m hopefully going on the carnival horizon July 24 but have a 10-year-old. Are there any kids on the July cruises going out of Galveston or did they cancel those peoples reservations?

Thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

My point was more about the comment.  Temporarily having to change business model in order to save their business doesn't mean they have abandoned forever their key clientele.  They are still a cruise line that caters to families and will return to that the moment they are allowed to.

I took it that there are many ways to interpret the concept of family.  If my mom, my sister and I go on a cruise (which we have) then we are a family group and don't require children with us to be considered family.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I took it that there are many ways to interpret the concept of family.  If my mom, my sister and I go on a cruise (which we have) then we are a family group and don't require children with us to be considered family.  

that was my point.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

Has the plot thickened once again?

The plot seems eternally thick.  This is a bigger roller coaster ride than Bolt.  Just when you think something has been decided, there's another dip and twist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

The plot seems eternally thick.  This is a bigger roller coaster ride than Bolt.  Just when you think something has been decided, there's another dip and twist.

Ahhhh - seems Carnival won't be departing out of Galveston after all....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Ahhhh - seems Carnival won't be departing out of Galveston after all....

Law does not take effect for 90 days, so cruise lines are going to take advantage of the windo of opportunity. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

Has the plot thickened once again?

I highly doubt it.  There will be a cruise ship carve out.  Just like in Florida.  Politicians playing to the base but not stupid.

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Another twitter user that should be allowed to "view only".  I mean really "kicked out of florida"??? wheres he get that from?  

10 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Something interesting is going on here... Carnival was very clear to place the blame for the vax requirement on the CDC in their announcement.  This is not a business decision like:  "shoes and shirt required".  The business would prefer not to require vax (they stated as such), but an oppressive government entity is effectively coercing it.  This will make the legal challenge in Texas interesting, since the business doesn't even want to make the requirement.

• Like 3

According to the press release.  Carnival is going to sail from Galveston BUT you will have to be vaccinated.  

IMHO

I think that Carnival fail to realize the logistics for test cruises and realize they can not just put one together. Since they failed at that they must take the option of requiring vacations 

8 minutes ago, TxShipShape said:

According to the press release.  Carnival is going to sail from Galveston BUT you will have to be vaccinated.  

IMHO

I think that Carnival fail to realize the logistics for test cruises and realize they can not just put one together. Since they failed at that they must take the option of requiring vacations 

Carnival knows exactly what they are doing. They don't subscribe to Russian roulette.

12 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

Something interesting is going on here... Carnival was very clear to place the blame for the vax requirement on the CDC in their announcement.  This is not a business decision like:  "shoes and shirt required".  The business would prefer not to require vax (they stated as such), but an oppressive government entity is effectively coercing it.  This will make the legal challenge in Texas interesting, since the business doesn't even want to make the requirement.

Early on Carnival Corp stated vaccines would likely be required for some cruises.

It'd called politics/business as usual and doing the Texas Two Step. Carnival is very diplomatic.

I'm sure Carnival would love to cruise with unvaccinated guests. I'm sure the vast majority of vaccinated guests wouldn't care if unvaccinated guests joined them IF the protocols for sailing didn't necessitate doing anything drastic if anyone tests positive for Covid.

It basically comes down to, I (as someone who is vaccinated) don't want to spend money on a cruise that:

• Requires masks and/or social distancing for vaccinated passengers.
  • Is denied entry to ports in the event that someone tests positive for Covid.
  • Requires a quarantine period for whatever reason.
  • Any other randomness that causes a cruise to go south for entirely predictable reasons.

Fundamentally, this all comes down to sovereign counties using their rights to deny entry to anyone who is positive or exposed to Covid. If we ever get to a point where someone comes down with Covid, and we can still dock in a port, then let's bring on the unvaccinated people. We can talk all day about how unvaccinated kids aren't at risk, but that probably has zero influence on a port's decision to let a ship that has a confirmed case of Covid on board to dock and unload guests.

There is a HUGE difference between requiring proof of vaccination for exercising your rights in your home country vs requiring proof of vaccination before being allowed into a foreign country. 

• Like 4