Zenith Members Benefits Update

SailAway78

Excerpt from Director of Loyalty Andrea Shey’s email dated 6/16/21:

In November, we announced that we would be temporarily limiting access to the Retreat Lounge to only those members staying in the Retreat. We’ll be extending this policy of limiting its capacity to help keep you, our crew, and the communities we visit safe. We know this is a valued benefit and we plan to bring it back once we’ve had more experience with new processes and practices that have come with resuming operations.

Other Zenith perks – like complimentary laundry services including pressing and dry cleaning, priority theatre seating, complimentary Premium beverage upgrade, complimentary stream WIFI upgrade, spa benefits, photo discounts, and more – remain unchanged. 

• Like 1

Each change recently has increased fares and decreased loyalty benefits.  I am elite plus.  Many of the benefits that I used to enjoy are now included in All -In.  That means I am now paying for things that I used to get as a reward for “loyalty.”? We had thought when ships sail again that Captains club would offer new benefits to replace the former free cocktail hours, free internet minutes, etc. with other perks.  Perhaps include the concierge embarkation lunch, a free specialty dinner/lunch, a free excursion, OBC, or some fcc.  Some cruise lines offer upfront discounts to loyal guests. More loyalty gets you a deeper discount.   Each cutback in the loyalty program sends a message……loyalty isn’t really worth much.  Add a new benefit sends the message that loyalty matters…we appreciate your loyalty. We met friends this week who have more CC than we do. We discussed future travel plans. They refuse to book on Celebrity because of the changes in the loyalty program.  

35 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

What I am not understanding is the premium beverage package and the WiFi package. It now says upgrade. I booked my November cruises without All Included. I will call Celebrity to ask but who knows if I will get the correct answer until we board.

My understanding is that regardless of whether you do Always Included or not the default is always that you will get the top package for each. No reason if you are Zenith to get anything else. The AI has just confused the wording I think. 

Phil 

Glad that they restored full laundry and dry cleaning benefit. I guess Celebrity is really saying that a sign that they have the situation under control when Zeniths are permitted to use MC/Retreat. I will feel comfortable booking at that time.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Orator said:

Glad that they restored full laundry and dry cleaning benefit. I guess Celebrity is really saying that a sign that they have the situation under control when Zeniths are permitted to use MC/Retreat. I will feel comfortable booking at that time.

I am also glad they didn't remove laundry that cost them very little.

6 hours ago, SailAway78 said:

In November, we announced that we would be temporarily limiting access to the Retreat Lounge to only those members staying in the Retreat. We’ll be extending this policy of limiting its capacity to help keep you, our crew, and the communities we visit safe. We know this is a valued benefit and we plan to bring it back once we’ve had more experience with new processes and practices that have come with resuming operations.

Other Zenith perks – like complimentary laundry services including pressing and dry cleaning, priority theatre seating, complimentary Premium beverage upgrade, complimentary stream WIFI upgrade, spa benefits, photo discounts, and more – remain unchanged. 

It is very nice to see the Director of Loyalty on Celebrity address this and communicate.  I assume this email was sent to all Zenith members?

I received the email and shared it on another social media site. In the past I have not received emails that others report receiving. The mailings seem random and that's why many Zeniths post contents on various sites.

12 hours ago, SailAway78 said:

Glad to see the CC reversed their decision by again allowing zenith members to use RL/MC. 

8 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

What I am not understanding is the premium beverage package and the WiFi package. It now says upgrade. I booked my November cruises without All Included. I will call Celebrity to ask but who knows if I will get the correct answer until we board.

I booked a July Edge cruise with the Simply Sale rate (which really wasn't discounted nearly what it should have been considering it was without AI and I was in a suite so no OBC and a GTY but still saved a little $$).

I was talking to the Zenith desk about something else and had them add the complimentary Premium Bev package and Stream Wifi to my reservation like they generally do in the background at the last minute.   No problem.   Of course had to book a suite to get into the Retreat😆

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I booked a July Edge cruise with the Simply Sale rate (which really wasn't discounted nearly what it should have been considering it was without AI and I was in a suite so no OBC and a GTY but still saved a little $$).

I was talking to the Zenith desk about something else and had them add the complimentary Premium Bev package and Stream Wifi to my reservation like they generally do in the background at the last minute.   No problem.   Of course had to book a suite to get into the Retreat😆

I am very happy to hear this. Thank you! Losing  the Retreat Lounge was very disappointing. I remember the days when Celebrity really did value loyalty.

It's been a brilliant business decision.   I have booked 4 additional suites on my upcoming cruises.  @Covepointcruiser was there when I fell in love with the Retreat and Rosie who I've seen on several cruises since and still remembers that MC group.

I'm glad they seem to be sticking with the temporary aspect of the restriction.  I know the early sailings from PE and SXM are sailing at very reduced capacity.  Hopefully suites are reduced as well.  There were very few available suites on the 7/3 Edge sailing when it closed to bookings the other day.  If suites were not held back in inventory then the 3 Zenith passengers currently booked (per shoreside) wouldn't send the Retreat lounge into danger territory!

We received our e-mail titled "Captain's Club Zenith Member Update" yesterday at 7 AM Alaska Standard time.  Received an e-mail this afternoon from cruising friends in the UK and they received an identical e-mail.  I found it to be a thoughtful response from Andrea Shey and appreciated the effort.  Andrea actually attended our Zenith event on the bridge when we passed into Zenith land.

• Like 2

Since it seems not all Zenith members received the email,  I wanted to advise if anyone qualified for the complimentary Zenith cruise before Celebrity paused service, Andrea stated you have until the end of the year to book it. 

Also here is the link to the Captain’s Club benefits charts. I don’t see it listed and not certain it was previously posted but Zenith members receive complimentary luggage valet in available ports. 

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/cc0ce13c?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_23423917&rid=169337424&mes=Celebrity Loyalty Zenith Letter JUN 17 2021 EM&emsc=CCC_ZEN_OUR_NAN_MH_USA_NJ_55_TA&empf=Y&emct=Z&lnkid=https%3a%2f%2fsecure.viewer.zmags.com%2fpublication%2fcc0ce13c#/cc0ce13c/1

10 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Just book a Suite, there is no need to lose access to this lounge.

Modern day suites are very well suited. I mean last time I booked a suite it was very comfortable and well equipped. It really felt like home back then. I enjoyed it very much. Its important that when you come back at night to feel like home