Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

...for my DH, it seems - based on my initial almost 1/2 hour spent with a CSR on Chat - that it is too complex for them to analyze.

After reading many of the suggestions here I tried the quick access login and was able to locate my DH's record with very minimal information filled in.  I proceeded to manually fill in all the required documentation and take his security photo over approximately 2 hours which included at least 4 reboots following the white screen of death.  He's in the green lane now!

As someone who, in a former life, managed a major federal accounting system from requirements analysis through design, testing, implementation and user support this entire experience has been appalling.  I have 2 brothers and their spouses on a cruise with us in March and I dread the calls I will receive as they attempt to complete their data. I'm going to tell them to contact me first not Princess since I will probably be more helpful and definitely more understanding. 

If I get stumped I know I can rely on the commenters on this thread for assistance.  Thank you all!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I did notice little glitches here and there, mostly resolving itself.  I did delete and install and it was fixed.  Crazy…

Yes,  This morning I checked my app (again) and all that should be checked are checked.  Any one have an explanation for why something becomes unchecked only to appear checked again the following day/s?

Anyone have an explanation for the white screen of death?  Princess server?  "Glitch"?  app stalling?  Inquiring minds want to know.

15 minutes ago, capriccio said:

After reading many of the suggestions here I tried the quick access login and was able to locate my DH's record with very minimal information filled in.  I proceeded to manually fill in all the required documentation and take his security photo over approximately 2 hours which included at least 4 reboots following the white screen of death.  He's in the green lane now!

As someone who, in a former life, managed a major federal accounting system from requirements analysis through design, testing, implementation and user support this entire experience has been appalling.  I have 2 brothers and their spouses on a cruise with us in March and I dread the calls I will receive as they attempt to complete their data. I'm going to tell them to contact me first not Princess since I will probably be more helpful and definitely more understanding. 

If I get stumped I know I can rely on the commenters on this thread for assistance.  Thank you all!

You may be saved from all this work if they put checkin back on the cruise personalizer, on their website, as they have said they plan to do this by the end of the year?

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

You may be saved from all this work if they put checkin back on the cruise personalizer, on their website, as they have said they plan to do this by the end of the year?

Possibly.  I think this problem originated with some glitch in the booking data.  His information on the Cruise Personalizer and on my Medallion record was updated as expected but somehow the cruise never appeared on his Medallion record when logging in with his userID and password.  So I logged on as him using quick access (the booking number). Whatever caused that glitch I must have overrode or fixed with the manual data entry.  I just reminded him he needs to logon using quick access and not his userID and password when checking in.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Possibly.  I think this problem originated with some glitch in the booking data.  His information on the Cruise Personalizer and on my Medallion record was updated as expected but somehow the cruise never appeared on his Medallion record when logging in with his userID and password.  So I logged on as him using quick access (the booking number). Whatever caused that glitch I must have overrode or fixed with the manual data entry.  I just reminded him he needs to logon using quick access and not his userID and password when checking in.

That's no glitch - it's a design feature.  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

After you did the direct booking code login (sorry I didn't think of that one at the time of your original post), and completed the input, do you now see his voyage when logging in with ID/PSWD?  I am wondering if it really cleaned it up.  Don't recall if any of them are B2B, but it would be best if they show up linked together.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

After you did the direct booking code login (sorry I didn't think of that one at the time of your original post), and completed the input, do you now see his voyage when logging in with ID/PSWD?  I am wondering if it really cleaned it up.  Don't recall if any of them are B2B, but it would be best if they show up linked together.

It still doesn’t appear with the 3 other upcoming trips (none B2B).

5 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We have a family cruise in March.  3 different cabins, 3 different bookings.  I'm assuming they can be linked in the app?

No, but your TA or Princess can link (cross-reference) the bookings in POLAR.  What you can do in MC App, is add the others as Travel Companions by entering their booking number on that feature page.  With that setup, you can then make dining bookings for yourself and/or the full group.

Edited by Steelers36

I'm done with this bleeping app!!  DH and I shall walk up to whatever lane they are calling the "customer completely frustrated and done with the app ready to throw their expensive phone thru the wall" lane in Fort Lauderdale on embarkation day and hand them all our paperwork and passports and let them sort it all out.  After which we shall board the Emerald Princess, find our cabin, drop our carryon baggage, and head to Vines for a very LARGE glass of wine.  When dinnertime rolls around, we will hopefully be mellow enough from the wine intake to roll with whatever cluster that Dine My Way turns out to be.  I have struggled with this app since the beginning but really thought (stupid me) that I had gotten the hang of it and that all was going well.  All our cruises were there, they were all linked together for our upcoming B2B2B2B, it was letting me input, it was saving, it even let me select DMW stuff and saved it.  Well, I should have known better - the first leg of our B2B2etc is gone, our previously input info is partially there, won't save anything else I put in, gives me white screen of death, and on and on.  Tried uninstall and reinstall several times, tried waiting it out, tried turning my phone off and then on again, whatever.  I have enough stress in my life without this.  Done, done, done!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BabySarge said:

I'm done with this bleeping app!!  DH and I shall walk up to whatever lane they are calling the "customer completely frustrated and done with the app ready to throw their expensive phone thru the wall" lane in Fort Lauderdale on embarkation day and hand them all our paperwork and passports and let them sort it all out.  After which we shall board the Emerald Princess, find our cabin, drop our carryon baggage, and head to Vines for a very LARGE glass of wine.  When dinnertime rolls around, we will hopefully be mellow enough from the wine intake to roll with whatever cluster that Dine My Way turns out to be.  I have struggled with this app since the beginning but really thought (stupid me) that I had gotten the hang of it and that all was going well.  All our cruises were there, they were all linked together for our upcoming B2B2B2B, it was letting me input, it was saving, it even let me select DMW stuff and saved it.  Well, I should have known better - the first leg of our B2B2etc is gone, our previously input info is partially there, won't save anything else I put in, gives me white screen of death, and on and on.  Tried uninstall and reinstall several times, tried waiting it out, tried turning my phone off and then on again, whatever.  I have enough stress in my life without this.  Done, done, done!!!

Well, at least you feel included in the large majority of us, eh? Miserly loves company they say. Nice post BTW, I think my language would have been a lot worse than even your THOUGHTS as you typed it! 😎

PS - I'll likely see you in that "customer completely frustrated and done with the app ready to throw their expensive phone thru the wall" line....and we will not be alone!

Doug

• Like 2

After months of frustration I have been able to enter everything in the app and all the tick marks are green.  However I cannot find the boarding pass.  Can anyone tell me where and when it appears?  We are 71 days out.

25 minutes ago, louden said:

After months of frustration I have been able to enter everything in the app and all the tick marks are green.  However I cannot find the boarding pass.  Can anyone tell me where and when it appears?  We are 71 days out.

I am not positive, but pretty sure that can only be done on line (computer), not on the Medallion App. And it might be too early for the boarding pass anyway? I think I read somewhere you could not select your boarding time until about 30 days prior, and we needed to submit some sort of "health questionnaire" only a day or two before sailing? I am not sure those two need to be done now, but I am pretty sure it's early for a printing boarding pass. Surely someone else sailing sooner will have better information that I do.

Enjoy your cruise in 71 days.....we've got around 80 days to do!😎

32 minutes ago, louden said:

If you're all green, you should see something like this, and the QR code is your boarding pass.  (At least until the web-based check-in process returns.)

green.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, marne-c said:

If you're all green, you should see something like this, and the QR code is your boarding pass.  (At least until the web-based check-in process returns.)

green.jpg

Belts & suspenders: find your boarding pass in your Personalizer & print it.

People who've been cruising say that "no one looks at the QR code".

1 hour ago, louden said:

There’s no boarding pass on cruise personalizer anymore.  It tells you when you click checkin on the personalizer.

You can print your luggage tags and travel summary at 75 days out.

Then between 45-30 days out…you go to the app…click on boarding groups…select your time and when that is confirmed, you will see a green box with a QR code at the top of the screen as shown above.

Within 24 hours of sailing, revisit the

app health questionnaire.  DONE!

FWIW, I cannot find my boarding pass in Personalizer.  It tells me to use the Medallion App.  I can print luggage tags and a travel summary.  But not a boarding pass.

I am totally NOT bothered by this.  Or with anything concerning the Medallion app.  Or with the Medallions themselves, which I haven't received yet.  I'll show up at the pier with my passport, Covid vaccination card, and paper copy of my day-before Covid test results, and all will be well.   It's a cruise!

--Marne

1 hour ago, louden said:

38 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I am not positive, but pretty sure that can only be done on line (computer), not on the Medallion App. And it might be too early for the boarding pass anyway? I think I read somewhere you could not select your boarding time until about 30 days prior, and we needed to submit some sort of "health questionnaire" only a day or two before sailing? I am not sure those two need to be done now, but I am pretty sure it's early for a printing boarding pass. Surely someone else sailing sooner will have better information that I do.

Enjoy your cruise in 71 days.....we've got around 80 days to do!😎

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Belts & suspenders: find your boarding pass in your Personalizer & print it.

People who've been cruising say that "no one looks at the QR code".

There is no boarding pass as we knew it.  If you want a document, just print the Travel Summary from Personalizer.  Otherwise, just bring up your booking in the App as @marne-c posted.

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

There’s no boarding pass on cruise personalizer anymore.  It tells you when you click checkin on the personalizer.

You can print your luggage tags and travel summary at 75 days out.

Then between 45-30 days out…you go to the app…click on boarding groups…select your time and when that is confirmed, you will see a green box with a QR code at the top of the screen as shown above.

Within 24 hours of sailing, revisit the

app health questionnaire.  DONE!

Thank you for the explanation.  I was frustrated because the web says see the app for the BP.  As you indicated the App is telling me boarding times are not yet available.  I will stop fretting and wait for the boarding times.  Thanks again.

14 minutes ago, louden said:

Thank you for the explanation.  I was frustrated because the web says see the app for the BP.  As you indicated the App is telling me boarding times are not yet available.  I will stop fretting and wait for the boarding times.  Thanks again.

Might be more like 20 - 30 days.

• Thanks 1

Further to my reply.  We are accustomed to being able to access our BPs at the 75 day point on the web.  It would be to much to expect Princess to indicate somewhere what has to be completed on the App and when to expect the BP to show up on the App.  Just more frustration with this useless tool.  As an aside why should I have to pay immediately for a specialty dining reservation when I have $300 as a cabin credit?

1 hour ago, marne-c said:

green.jpg

We printed our travel docs and naturally had passport, proof of vax and test results.  Noone ever checked the QR.  Our passports were checked and had to be scanned because the photo in their system was cropped - it looked fine on the app.  Our only real issue was with our proof of vax.  We were vaccinated at Walgreen's back in Feb and March.  We have paper records which were fine for Celebrity in August but not for Princess last week.  That had to be kicked up 2 levels before being cleared for the agent.  Not such a big deal as it only added about 10 minutes to the boarding process.  But we'll still go to Walgreen's tomorrow and replace the paper with card.

11 minutes ago, louden said:

Further to my reply.  We are accustomed to being able to access our BPs at the 75 day point on the web.  It would be to much to expect Princess to indicate somewhere what has to be completed on the App and when to expect the BP to show up on the App.  Just more frustration with this useless tool.  As an aside why should I have to pay immediately for a specialty dining reservation when I have $300 as a cabin credit?

Yes, they could do well with a good user guide for newbies.  There is nothing different today in terms of pre-paying for SD reservations if you book pre-cruise.  There are always plenty of open times available after you board.  With a specific day and time you want to be sure to get, I would take care of that shortly after boarding.  Doing it that way allows OBC to pay for it.

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Might be more like 20 - 30 days.

Yes, they seem to release ships at different times.  Mine for the

Caribbean Princess was at 45 days.

Don’t know if they release Elite, Platinum or full suites ahead of others.

I just check starting at 45 days out.

• Like 1