Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Do all your bookings show up on the website?  Also, how many are there?  Just wondering if you've hit some threshold that blocks the listing on the app.

Yes, the bookings show just fine on the website, and I've entered the only little bits of info there that is available. The number of bookings is fine, we went from six previously, all perfectly OK in the app, down to only four. All the details about all the trips are correct, except that I can't enter the "Travel Checklist" info for the new ones.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Yes, the bookings show just fine on the website, and I've entered the only little bits of info there that is available. The number of bookings is fine, we went from six previously, all perfectly OK in the app, down to only four. All the details about all the trips are correct, except that I can't enter the "Travel Checklist" info for the new ones.

We came off a Sky cruise a couple of weeks ago.  We also have a family cruise booked in March and a TA in 2023 (though that will probably get canceled).  The app picked up most of the checklist data for us from the Sky trip.  But it didn't do the same for the TA.  I'm putting that down to the TA being so far out.  One thing that didn't transfer for March was my wife being an authorized user on our shipboard account.  Says I have to add her but don't see how.

19 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks a bunch.  I'll be trying the Email next, thanks for the link.  No B2B, two separate trips in April and November. The two new ones did show up fast, IIRC maybe the same day or a day or two later, can't remember exactly.   One thing I'm having our TA look into is the fact that in the two new Princess Booking Confirmation docs we received from her for the new trips,  my wife shows up on the left and I'm on the right under PASSENGERS, implying she is the primary and I'm the secondary. On the two 2023 bookings, and all previous bookings, including the ones we just cancelled, I'm on the left and she is on the right. Could be coincidence, or not.  Obviously I've also tried logging in with her credentials as if the bookings are in her name, still no luck

It would not surprise me that the flipping of names would cause MC App an issue. 

Can you get into either of new bookings using either of your (Name/Birthdate/Booking Nbr) login option?  Perhaps ask the TA to swap the names back?  Tell them it is causing a Princess System issue since your other ones are the other way around.

50 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We came off a Sky cruise a couple of weeks ago.  We also have a family cruise booked in March and a TA in 2023 (though that will probably get canceled).  The app picked up most of the checklist data for us from the Sky trip.  But it didn't do the same for the TA.  I'm putting that down to the TA being so far out.  One thing that didn't transfer for March was my wife being an authorized user on our shipboard account.  Says I have to add her but don't see how.

Never mind about my shipboard account problem.  I had to delete the account then re-add it.  At that point I could add DW as an authorized user.

One thing - when adding the "new" account it defaults to both shipboard and onshore use.  I removed the onshore selection since that really bothered me.  Sometimes a little paranoia is a good thing.

Edited by cltnccruisers

For what its worth, with all the problems we have had with the app, we are now in the green lane and ready to go with 10 days until the cruise. Somebody fixed something on the backend and all of a sudden the app started to work on our devices. I had called their technical support about a month ago, sent an email to the Medallion support email and responded to an email they sent be after a terrible review I gave on the Google Play store. One of these must have prompted the fix. Even the "customize your medallion" is green even though we never actually got to order them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Regarding onboard accounts, I have added our daughters and granddaughters to the app as traveling companions.  They are under different bookings.  Is there a way to {{shudder}} add them to my shipboard account?

Are you comfortable giving your daughter your credit card info?

If so then she can put that as her financial info on the App.

That's what we did but I just realized there might be a problem if she doesn't check in with us.

Before the Medallion we had to show the credit card we were using at check-in.

Has that changed?

If we get to the port at different times she won't have the card to show.

What has been peoples' experiences?

Edited by chamima

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Are you comfortable giving your daughter your credit card info?

If so then she can put that as her financial info on the App.

That's what we did but I just realized there might be a problem if she doesn't check in with us.

Before the Medallion we had to show the credit card we were using at check-in.

Has that changed?

If we get to the port at different times she won't have the card to show.

What has been peoples' experiences?

I'm ok with it as long as I can see any purchases she makes along with ours.

21 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Regarding onboard accounts, I have added our daughters and granddaughters to the app as traveling companions.  They are under different bookings.  Is there a way to {{shudder}} add them to my shipboard account?

Pre Covid, I did the old Medallion App check in for SIL & DN who were sailing with us.  (It was their first cruise ever..)  In order to get it completed I put my CC info in their booking but once onboard, SIL was able to go to Passenger Service Desk and change the CC for her booking to her CC.  So you can have daughters put their CC in and change it once onboard.

Edited by Daniel A

28 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Pre Covid, I did the old Medallion App check in for SIL & DN who were sailing with us.  (It was their first cruise ever..)  In order to get it completed I put my CC info in their booking but once onboard, SIL was able to go to Passenger Service Desk and change the CC for her booking to her CC.  So you can have daughters put their CC in and change it once onboard.

Neither daughter has CCs so we're kind of stuck.  They both use debit cards.  I don't want them to use those since the accounts may get frozen until their onboard clears.  

27 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Neither daughter has CCs so we're kind of stuck.  They both use debit cards.  I don't want them to use those since the accounts may get frozen until their onboard clears.  

If you know your daughter's booking number(s) you can sign into their bookings on the App.  You can then add your credit card to their booking(s).  That was what I did when I completed SIL's booking for our sailing in February of 2020.  I had no problem doing that, but then that was using the original version of the app.

Added later:  Now that I think of it, back then, I probably put the CC info through the Cruise Personalizer, not the app.  I would expect that you could also do that through the app as well.

Edited by Daniel A

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

We have a similar situation and are going to put our CC into DD account. Steelers36 also suggested going to Customer Service onboard and combining the accounts. I think that way both OBC are used to reconcile accounts. Makes sense.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:22 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

We've never had to show our credit card at check-in. No experience with the medallion.

I still haven't shown my cc for August or current cruise. 

As to viewing onboard account: worked fine on the Majestic in August but Navigators are telling everyone to go to the MedallionNet (online not app) to view JourneyView and stateroom account. I'm still onboard so I can't really check but did the web version go live?

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I still haven't shown my cc for August or current cruise. 

As to viewing onboard account: worked fine on the Majestic in August but Navigators are telling everyone to go to the MedallionNet (online not app) to view JourneyView and stateroom account. I'm still onboard so I can't really check but did the web version go live?

No, but they are probably referring to <ship>.princess.com for folks on board and connected to ship's Intranet.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tedferg said:

We have a similar situation and are going to put our CC into DD account. Steelers36 also suggested going to Customer Service onboard and combining the accounts. I think that way both OBC are used to reconcile accounts. Makes sense.

Everyone will be here for Christmas.  Instead of politics we'll talk about the cruise and get this sort of thing worked out.   😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/16/2021 at 9:16 AM, Steelers36 said:

Are any of them B2B?  

You mentioned the new bookings showed up in the App quickly.  My experience is that it takes a day or two for the systems to sync up and I still see old voyage (although tagged as cancelled) and the new one not there yet (these were for same voyage, but with a new booking number and I know you have changed dates).

Also, post above, #1721, is a good idea.  Given some time, it might fix itself.  You may need to pick a time when you won't have to wait on hold for very long and call them.  You can also write and give them your booking numbers and the issues you are having:

AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

Thanks again for posting the contact address. I just wrote up an Email to them, explaining the problem and including screenshots of what I was seeing. 3 hours later I received a nice apologetic "We'll look into it" Email from them. Understandably, they point out they prioritize by sail date and since our next one is possibly April, it may take them a while to sort out the issue. Surprisingly, it was not a form letter and was written by a human being, because they mis-spelled my first name.  ;o)

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Everyone will be here for Christmas.  Instead of politics we'll talk about the cruise and get this sort of thing worked out.   😄

I have a group of old military retirees that meets for Happy Hour every Friday afternoon - and EVERY week we pretty well resolve all the important issues of the day - but apparently no one else is listening,....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bjkTX said:

I have a group of old military retirees that meets for Happy Hour every Friday afternoon - and EVERY week we pretty well resolve all the important issues of the day - but apparently no one else is listening,....

We do the same every weekend at the golf course.  Gets a little heated sometimes but in the end we're all friends.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks again for posting the contact address. I just wrote up an Email to them, explaining the problem and including screenshots of what I was seeing. 3 hours later I received a nice apologetic "We'll look into it" Email from them. Understandably, they point out they prioritize by sail date and since our next one is possibly April, it may take them a while to sort out the issue. Surprisingly, it was not a form letter and was written by a human being, because they mis-spelled my first name.  ;o)

I have noticed with a couple of recent emails that I am getting a quicker reply than I used to say mid-year.  I consider that some improvement.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:34 PM, Steelers36 said:

I have noticed with a couple of recent emails that I am getting a quicker reply than I used to say mid-year.  I consider that some improvement.

Gotta love the Medallion app team. After they sent the confirming Email telling me they were going to look into my problems, I waited a day or two and sure enough, changes did happen. One of our existing trips vanished off the app! I am, however, finally able to start adding details to the other new trip which I couldn't do before, however my wife has now vanished off the booking.  Another Email was met with another very quick response, with the understated admission "Looks like some updating needs to be done"  Anyway, at least a fix is in progress and I have to admit their correspondence has been exemplary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

No posts since Monday, today is Wednesday - does this suggest that the App is having fewer problems?

Not so.  I am just tired of posting the same issues over and over again.  Right now, I am in the Green Lane with three green checks (1, 2, 3).  But when I try to click on my Medallion Pay, I get the white screen of death (although it is checked).  Can't check it or modify cards.

Then my Princess web personalizer says I am "incomplete" under check in, although my app says there's not much more to do until picking arrival time and health status...several months away.  

So I sit and wait until Princess brings back the web based check in.  Not bothering with the app anymore.  Just too frustrating.  But that doesn't stop me from "checking' randomly.

• Like 3