Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

3 hours ago, suekel said:

I have a samsung and also received the updated app this morning.  I am unable to see arrival group selection.  Did they move that somewhere?  

I wouldn't worry about arrival group. We selected our arrival group base on when we would realistically be able to arrive. We got there maybe 10 minutes early and there was an incredibly loooooooooooooooooooooooooong line of people. It was a long line and when we finally got to the corner we found it continued on in another room and snaked back and forth across that huge room. Arrival group meant absolutely nothing. Like I said, we were maybe 10 minutes "early" but it took us a good hour to get through the stupid line.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

I wouldn't worry about arrival group. We selected our arrival group base on when we would realistically be able to arrive. We got there maybe 10 minutes early and there was an incredibly loooooooooooooooooooooooooong line of people. It was a long line and when we finally got to the corner we found it continued on in another room and snaked back and forth across that huge room. Arrival group meant absolutely nothing. Like I said, we were maybe 10 minutes "early" but it took us a good hour to get through the stupid line.

What port? LA or SFO?

5 hours ago, roamerfromtexas said:

Where on the medalllion app do I see what level it has me?  Charged me full price for medallion net even tho I am elite.

When selecting the MedallionNet option you should see this option to purchase it at a 50% discount.

952B1EE1-923B-4E92-9A62-F684F252B61C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

When selecting the MedallionNet option you should see this option to purchase it at a 50% discount.

952B1EE1-923B-4E92-9A62-F684F252B61C.jpeg

Aren't most Wifi packages free right now? We are platinum, but got the Wifi, Drinks and Tips "free". I wondering why people are worried about paying for internet...

3 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

Aren't most Wifi packages free right now? We are platinum, but got the Wifi, Drinks and Tips "free". I wondering why people are worried about paying for internet...

You are paying for those by purchasing the Princess Plus package to get them for “free”.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

I have a Motorola(android) phone & my wife has Apple 11 ios phone. Is my daughter  correct that if I get wifi Medallion Net for just 1 device that we can both use our devices, along as we're not logged on at the same time?

• Like 1

My Samsung updated the app automatically

I had to sign in again for the app to find my documents

I still can't find boarding groups but we are in a suite and platinum so not worried since we can board early

I like that we can now upload our vax cards and test proof 

I'll do that as time gets closer to our cruise in August

49 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

My Samsung updated the app automatically

I had to sign in again for the app to find my documents

I still can't find boarding groups but we are in a suite and platinum so not worried since we can board early

I like that we can now upload our vax cards and test proof 

I'll do that as time gets closer to our cruise in August

If you do want to see boarding groups:

on the App: Click on these …

Travel checklist >

Personal information and documents  (move down) >

Suggested (move down)>

Arrival and departure groups

• Like 1

We did not get the Princess PLUS package because we don't drink. But originally didn't think we would  need wifi, but are now thinking of getting @ reduced price.  This because  of potential communications needs with Covid. But, now think we will wait until we get to Vancouver Airport(have plenty of time) to get covid tests. Any advice?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

This reads like a major release with many improvements.  We shall see about that.  DMW is off-line, so cannot check that out this morning.  

Back on CC late tonight and trying DMW.  At first I got banner message pop-up about not working right now but we have your res.  Tried our single voyage and could see our dining and make changes (if I wanted).  Went back to our B3B voyage and it ultimately loaded.  Everything looked the same.  Our res was still as it was and available space options seem about the same.  

They certainly did nothing to speed up DMW responsiveness. Takes along time to load the dining options page after tapping CONTINUE on the Dining Party page (we have us plus two dining companions).

Tried SD reservations on the B3B voyage and not really working as telling me not finding space and I know that is not correct. 

Hard to see where they made any fixes or improvements to DMW.  I am damn sure they have not fixed TD situation.  I'd sure like to read some more details on what they did to make the res experience better/easier.

I just noticed something else changed in MC App.  When I go into Travel Arrangements (they are moved to a new "Suggested" section, below the Required  Info on the Personal Information & Documents page.

I already had our travel info loaded, but when I went in to review, the box for "Travel Type" was blank.  Of course, as soon as I selected "AIR", my flight info was blanked out and I had to re-enter it.  PITA, but now the page is complete.  Not sure why they lost that info.

For, the new-design Emergency Return Airport page, our airport code was there, but neither of our names were ticked.  So, something else that got wiped out in the upgrade.

Oh, and I just discovered a new bug.  DO THESE GUYS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TESTING SOFTWARE???????????????

So, I went into our final voyage to pull up the return air trip and it was there, but again, missing the Travel Type, so, I selected "Air", and set about to re-enter our flights.  We are flying home the same day the voyage ends.  However, the travel details page comes up with a red error message insisting I must pick a date after the voyage ends and forces me to select at least one calendar day later.  I have to say that the App does not have us enter the flight times - just the flight number as it can likely figure out the time for itself.  We are booked thru EZ-Air and the departure is 100% legit for their earliest time out of FCO.  So, it's a bug obviously.  For now, I entered our correct flights and used Nov 15 and will send them an email about the bug and I figure some day down the line, I will be able to update to the correct date.  

I am still looking for those improvements they mentioned in the App update.  They certainly did not improve the performance.  But at least it mostly works for me. 

ETA:  Speaking about performance... it must have taken close to a full minute just to save the Emergency Airport with both our names checked off.  Pretty simple data points and lots of spinning going on.

ETA #2:  Have they not fired the bunglehead programmers who keep screwing up the simplest coding tasks?  Update on Emergency Airport.  So, I had ticked our unticked names and SAVED.  After much spinning and waiting, it finished.  When I go back in, our names are still not ticked.  It LOOKS as if we have the airport code but neither of us selected.  I am thinking this page has been coded as an INPUT ONLY page and the saved info is hidden.  Cannot just bring it to mind, but seems to me they have had another page like that - where you enter info and it supposedly saves, but you don't get to see the current results.  Jut too dumb for words.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I just noticed something else changed in MC App.  When I go into Travel Arrangements (they are moved to a new "Suggested" section, below the Required  Info on the Personal Information & Documents page.

I already had our travel info loaded, but when I went in to review, the box for "Travel Type" was blank.  Of course, as soon as I selected "AIR", my flight info was blanked out and I had to re-enter it.  PITA, but now the page is complete.  Not sure why they lost that info.

For, the new-design Emergency Return Airport page, our airport code was there, but neither of our names were ticked.  So, something else that got wiped out in the upgrade.

Oh, and I just discovered a new bug.  DO THESE GUYS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TESTING SOFTWARE???????????????

So, I went into our final voyage to pull up the return air trip and it was there, but again, missing the Travel Type, so, I selected "Air", and set about to re-enter our flights.  We are flying home the same day the voyage ends.  However, the travel details page comes up with a red error message insisting I must pick a date after the voyage ends and forces me to select at least one calendar day later.  I have to say that the App does not have us enter the flight times - just the flight number as it can likely figure out the time for itself.  We are booked thru EZ-Air and the departure is 100% legit for their earliest time out of FCO.  So, it's a bug obviously.  For now, I entered our correct flights and used Nov 15 and will send them an email about the bug and I figure some day down the line, I will be able to update to the correct date.  

I am still looking for those improvements they mentioned in the App update.  They certainly did not improve the performance.  But at least it mostly works for me. 

ETA:  Speaking about performance... it must have taken close to a full minute just to save the Emergency Airport with both our names checked off.  Pretty simple data points and lots of spinning going on.

ETA #2:  Have they not fired the bunglehead programmers who keep screwing up the simplest coding tasks?  Update on Emergency Airport.  So, I had ticked our unticked names and SAVED.  After much spinning and waiting, it finished.  When I go back in, our names are still not ticked.  It LOOKS as if we have the airport code but neither of us selected.  I am thinking this page has been coded as an INPUT ONLY page and the saved info is hidden.  Cannot just bring it to mind, but seems to me they have had another page like that - where you enter info and it supposedly saves, but you don't get to see the current results.  Jut too dumb for words.

I tried to add our emergency airport as well. Since I live in Las Vegas I chose LAS. It said I did not live near the airport selected. I assure you I do.

So many things won't work for me on the app or the web version. So frustrating. I did not get an update but I just downloaded yesterday.

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I know and appreciate that this is just rhetorical because we all know the answer! 😬

I'll just add my new question:    HAVE THESE GUYS NOT LEARNED ANYTHING ABOUT TESTING SOFTWARE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THIS IMPLEMENTATION???????????????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

So, I went into our final voyage to pull up the return air trip and it was there, but again, missing the Travel Type, so, I selected "Air", and set about to re-enter our flights.  We are flying home the same day the voyage ends.  However, the travel details page comes up with a red error message insisting I must pick a date after the voyage ends and forces me to select at least one calendar day later.  

That bug was already there (at least in my version of the app). I was filling everything out for a Nov. cruise a month ago and hit that error. We're driving, so no flight data, but it forced me to say we're driving home the day after the voyage ends. 

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That bug was already there (at least in my version of the app). I was filling everything out for a Nov. cruise a month ago and hit that error. We're driving, so no flight data, but it forced me to say we're driving home the day after the voyage ends. 

Ahh, well putz on them as well for not fixing such  simple problem.  My flight info has been entered for a long time and I had no issue originally saving it.  Only reason I was touching it yesterday is because the new layout and data entry was missing the Travel Type (albeit obvious with an airline and departure and arrival airport codes).  Well, I can still ping them about it.

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Back on CC late tonight and trying DMW.  At first I got banner message pop-up about not working right now but we have your res.  Tried our single voyage and could see our dining and make changes (if I wanted).  Went back to our B3B voyage and it ultimately loaded.  Everything looked the same.  Our res was still as it was and available space options seem about the same.  

They certainly did nothing to speed up DMW responsiveness. Takes along time to load the dining options page after tapping CONTINUE on the Dining Party page (we have us plus two dining companions).

Tried SD reservations on the B3B voyage and not really working as telling me not finding space and I know that is not correct. 

Hard to see where they made any fixes or improvements to DMW.  I am damn sure they have not fixed TD situation.  I'd sure like to read some more details on what they did to make the res experience better/easier.

Today I was able to book specialty dining for three different evenings of our Sept. cruise. It’s the first time the App allowed me to do that. Of course I printed out the confirmations! 

• Like 1

This is ridiculous now. We have gone out of the green lane and moved into the blue lane. Our arrival group has disappeared and our dine my way for both cruises. When I go into Personal information and documents it says I have no bookings.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Ahh, well putz on them as well for not fixing such  simple problem.  My flight info has been entered for a long time and I had no issue originally saving it.  Only reason I was touching it yesterday is because the new layout and data entry was missing the Travel Type (albeit obvious with an airline and departure and arrival airport codes).  Well, I can still ping them about it.

Our EZair flights were automatically added but by selecting “Air” under “Select your Travel Type” it deletes our flight info. I selected the back button to restore our flights but with an asterix * next to selecting the type cannot use the Save button. Crazy…they add my EZair flights but have no way to save the info without manually inputing our flights. 🥴

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

ETA #2:  Have they not fired the bunglehead programmers who keep screwing up the simplest coding tasks?  ...  Just too dumb for words.

My kids think it's a riot that I learned Fortran in high school and college, but one hard and fast principle that has not changed over lo these many years:  GIGO. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, amajaa said:

This is ridiculous now. We have gone out of the green lane and moved into the blue lane. Our arrival group has disappeared and our dine my way for both cruises. When I go into Personal information and documents it says I have no bookings.

not good

Mine is just showing a white screen if I go in and won’t budge off it