For those flying to their cruise port, an exception to the mask requirement on airplanes

ontheweb

Received an e-mail from Jet Blue that says wearing a mask is mandatory for all those over 2 years old. But, it then says,  IF THE OXYGEN MASK DROPS, YOU CAN TAKE OFF YOUR MASK. I hope we have to wear our masks throughout the short flight.😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It's sad that they had to stipulate that.

Then again, whoda thunk that if you're going to commit a crime, that you shouldn't post pictures of yourself committing said crime. 😲

15 hours ago, klfrodo said:

It's sad that they had to stipulate that.

I think you mean Jet Blue clarifying their mask policy.  Because things are changing, it seems like a good thing so passengers will know what is expected.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

I think you mean Jet Blue clarifying their mask policy.  Because things are changing, it seems like a good thing so passengers will know what is expected.   

And McDonalds has to tell you their coffee is hot. You should not drop it in your lap.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:16 AM, ontheweb said:

Received an e-mail from Jet Blue that says wearing a mask is mandatory for all those over 2 years old. But, it then says,  IF THE OXYGEN MASK DROPS, YOU CAN TAKE OFF YOUR MASK. I hope we have to wear our masks throughout the short flight.😉

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And McDonalds has to tell you their coffee is hot. You should not drop it in your lap.

And some people will still try to put the oxygen mask over their Covid mask! 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Aaah, the light bulb just went on.  I was referring to the COVID mask policy.  The Oxy mask is so obvious I didn't even think about it.  

48 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Aaah, the light bulb just went on.  I was referring to the COVID mask policy.  The Oxy mask is so obvious I didn't even think about it.  

As obvious as coffee is hot?

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

As obvious as coffee is hot?

I don't know.  Never really thought about it.  Is it important?  I have already admitted I overlooked the O2 mask issue.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I don't know.  Never really thought about it.  Is it important?  I have already admitted I overlooked the O2 mask issue.     

How did you overlook it?  Look back and you will see I CAPITALIZED  the part about the oxygen mask.

Just now, ontheweb said:

How did you overlook it?  Look back and you will see I CAPITALIZED  the part about the oxygen mask.

Beats me.  I was focused on Jet Blue's mask policy for air travel I guess.   Perhaps you will understand if some day you find you have overlooked something.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Beats me.  I was focused on Jet Blue's mask policy for air travel I guess.   Perhaps you will understand if some day you find you have overlooked something.  

No problem. I would forgive you except there is no real need for forgiveness.

I'm sure I have missed many things in my lifetime.

Just now, ontheweb said:

No problem. I would forgive you except there is no real need for forgiveness.

I'm sure I have missed many things in my lifetime.

It seems it was a problem for you.  It was a simple mistake and not worth getting your tights in a wad.  

The sad part is that most likely the reason they are putting this out NOW, is because someone was on a flight that had the oxygen masks drop and didn't off their surgical mask first. I can see this becoming part of the new in flight presentation. Here are step by step instructions to put on a seatbelt and if you try to put on an oxygen mask, then take off your face covering first. 

39 minutes ago, ldubs said:

It seems it was a problem for you.  It was a simple mistake and not worth getting your tights in a wad.  

🤦‍♂️ let's just drop the whole thing; no harm, no foul.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

There has been a lot of brow beating in threads across this forum lately.  I don't know why people feel they have to be right, have to correct other people, and can't overlook something.  The responses to your post didn't have to get to the point it did.  Period. There is little talk on these threads about cruising lately and a whole lot of negativity by the same people.  I wish they would just go away and take their negativity with them, but they are not going to.  So, for now, I am signing off and hope when I return again the conversation is back on the excitement of cruising. 

27 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

There has been a lot of brow beating in threads across this forum lately.  I don't know why people feel they have to be right, have to correct other people, and can't overlook something.  The responses to your post didn't have to get to the point it did.  Period. There is little talk on these threads about cruising lately and a whole lot of negativity by the same people.  I wish they would just go away and take their negativity with them, but they are not going to.  So, for now, I am signing off and hope when I return again the conversation is back on the excitement of cruising. 

Well, my senior moment that prompted all this was kind of a doozie I guess.  Probably won't be the last time.  Nonetheless, sorry for getting things off track.      

2 hours ago, Greg4502 said:

The covid mask has to be removed, so the the oxygen mask will fit properly to your face.

Yes, that is obvious, but I guess they felt that they needed to tell you in case you cannot figure it our yourself.