July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

Breakfast buffet redeemed itself this morning. Overwhelming with choices, and what I got was quite good. I chose a yummy looking pastry without knowing what it was, and he told me it was a gluten free angel food cake! There are a lot of things without signs, so make sure you ask if you would prefer something gluten free and such. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChangeOrder said:

Breakfast buffet redeemed itself this morning. Overwhelming with choices, and what I got was quite good. I chose a yummy looking pastry without knowing what it was, and he told me it was a gluten free angel food cake! There are a lot of things without signs, so make sure you ask if you would prefer something gluten free and such. 

Are they doing self serve in the buffet or are they having servers dish you up?

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It doesn’t look to be a problem to walk right up to be seated even without a reservation.  But, this sailing is at a reduced capacity.  
we like to eat dinner around 6:15 every night and that wasn’t usually available prepandemic.  I love being able to make reservations and get right in.  

This absolutely. We ended up in Symphony last night because we couldn’t figure out how to navigate to Concerto where our reservation was. No problems, they sat us right away and told us not to worry. For these reduced capacity sailings I would suggest to not worry about a reservation at all. Just go when and where you feel like it that night. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/26/2021 at 7:27 AM, cruzsnooze said:

Thanks for sharing. If you happen to go to guest services can you ask if printed patters will be available after they go paperless.  I'm sailing on the Grand in Sept. and am absorbing all the information. I am not using the APP so am interested in how boarding went to check in at the pier. If an phone is required to view the dining room menu I suppose they will have some regular printed ones. 

Thanks again for sharing.

I did hear that although they were trying to go paperless, you could still get a Patter at the front desk if you request one.  We still got one last night under our door.  It is a single page front and back paper now, not 4 pages.  

I think they are waiting for the app to get sorted out before they stop printing them.  It’s not bad but has been a bit wonky.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kml246 said:

ChangeOrder Cruise Raider cruisindanx

Thanks for the posts. Are you having a good time? Are your expectations being met?

I’m loving it! I’m sat with coffee in the cool mist of the Alaskan morning, watching the sea travel by. I just watched the pilot boat dart in and drop off, and forgot how much I’ve missed watching all the comings and goings of life at sea. 

I’ll probably sob grateful tears when we navigate to dock today, and watch the lines go out for tie off. 😂 I’m in my happy place. 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, farsight said:

@HaveDogWillTravel Really miss your posts! I would love to see some posts from you! People seem to have gotten the message about off-topic posts. If more are posted, just roll your eyes, shake your head and go to the next post.:classic_smile:

Your input has been quite valuable to me, and I'm sure many others!

Regardless of your decision, I hope that you have a wonderful cruise! 

We see Have Dog Will Travel onboard a lot and hopefully she knows how invaluable she has been not only to future cruisers but to all of us onboard by coordinating the absolute best roll call of all times.  Even the Captain came to speak at our meet and greet … I’m not able to post anything like a video but I did get most of it and will try to post it once I get back home.  There were several officers and the cruise director in attendance as well.  
I think a few very snarky and inappropriate comments early on in this thread were a turn off.  I can tell you, she is having a great time onboard, though.  
thanks for pointing out your appreciation for all she’s done!  She should definitely make a new career out of this type of organization!  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Turk1 said:

Cruise Raider,

You said they moved you from the Concerto to the Allegro DR. Are you in Traditional Dining? Did the MedallionClass app show you as Concerto and once you boarded they moved you to Allegro?

I don’t believe there is anymore traditional dining now that you can make reservations.  
We still had a couple of nights booked for the Concerto but for the nights we were booked in the Symphony, those were all changed to the Allegro.  
Sad to say, because there’s so many positives about this sailing, the service was extremely slow in the Concerto last night.  It took us almost two hours and we hadn’t even gotten through our main course before we had to get to a show we wanted to see.  The food we did have was outstanding!  
we were able to just switch our reservations to the Symphony dining room online for the same time.  
I know they give you a choice to ding quickly, relaxed or slowly on the app.  We chose quickly but haven’t really seen that yet.  The waiter was apologetic.  I think he was just overwhelmed.  I don’t think he had an assistant last night.  We are pretty easygoing so, no real harm, no foul.  
we had our embarkation munch in the Symphony and they were fanastic, so will give them a try.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I don’t believe there is anymore traditional dining now that you can make reservations.  
We still had a couple of nights booked for the Concerto but for the nights we were booked in the Symphony, those were all changed to the Allegro.  
Sad to say, because there’s so many positives about this sailing, the service was extremely slow in the Concerto last night.  It took us almost two hours and we hadn’t even gotten through our main course before we had to get to a show we wanted to see.  The food we did have was outstanding!  
we were able to just switch our reservations to the Symphony dining room online for the same time.  
I know they give you a choice to ding quickly, relaxed or slowly on the app.  We chose quickly but haven’t really seen that yet.  The waiter was apologetic.  I think he was just overwhelmed.  I don’t think he had an assistant last night.  We are pretty easygoing so, no real harm, no foul.  
we had our embarkation munch in the Symphony and they were fanastic, so will give them a try.  

So does this mean no more assigned table or the same waiters throughout the week. I was kind of hoping for that as I love getting to know my waiters

• Like 1

Just now, Jeter02 said:

So does this mean no more assigned table or the same waiters throughout the week. I was kind of hoping for that as I love getting to know my waiters

I am wondering the same…?

22 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I would love to see an embarkation lunch menu from the MDR.  Hoping they still have the avocado appetizer and the raviolis!!  

we didn’t take a picture but it is identical to the Pre-CoVid menu with the shrimp and avocado appetizer, the raviolis, the salmon and beef medallions … it was all excellent although the shrimp and avocado is made a bit differently now … still outstanding!  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Lucky you! Please enjoy that asked balcony I love watching the tread of the water of the ship moves along it's like a peaceful relaxing view.

I am out on the balcony right now after having a small breakfast room service while we are sailing towards Juneau.  No place I’d rather be …

I keep looking up to watch for whales .  No sightings yet but the water is smooth as glass and the sound of the wake is so soothing.  It is a bit chilly but nowhere near freezing.  The balcony is soggy from some heavy misting but we packed very appropriately!  
We are headed out on the small boat tour up to the face of the Sawyer Glaciers later today.  I hope to get a lot of great photos.  

• Like 8

I am glad to hear that the Prime Rib is there.   Last couple of times it was good and we enjoyed it.  Maybe some restart/growing pains!

I wonder if the missing turn-down chocolates are a Covid thing, with cleaning staff do not handle something to be eaten.   You know, with all of the other goodies and food and desserts onboard,  we never ate most of ours!!!

I hear that the ice-buckets are the same.  These are not automatically provided, and perhaps by request where approved sanitary staff and measures are in place when you do get them.

I just HAVE to have my ice!!!

It is so wonderful to see our Princess friends cruising!!!

Happy sailing everyone!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, galelynn said:

We would like to know about this to, we had originally booked Traditional Dining before the DMW app came out.  There are 4 of us traveling together, but would like  to have 2 or more dine with us.  We are as of right now booked in the  Concerto as of the Medallionclass app, but would like the Allegro DR. 

Thanks 

I believe you will need to link their reservation or at least get a reservation for the same time and then just ask to be seated together when you arrive.  

I wasn’t able to choose my dining room before the cruise but could go in and edit the dining room I wanted … the just give you an option in the app.  

20 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered but I cannot find it anywhere.  Are only Princess excursions allowed or can you get off the ship and wander?

Thanks so much for the answer - enjoy your cruise!!!!

So far, yes … we can go off on our own but we will need to make up in Juneau as there has been a n uptick in cases there recently.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wallyj said:

Has it been confirmed Captain Circle Party for Platinum and Elites cancelled for now, and if so, will a drink voucher be given?

As late as January 2020, To encourage Medallion App use, Princess was comping your first drink order using App, is this still policy or just a promo that has been discontinued?

we have the beverage package so don’t know about the first drink via the app cost.  
They are still hosting the PES happy hour up in the Hollywood Conservatory and we have been invited to the Captains circle party on the evening of Glacier Bay.  It will be our second formal night of the cruise.  

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am out on the balcony right now after having a small breakfast room service while we are sailing towards Juneau.  No place I’d rather be …

I keep looking up to watch for whales .  No sightings yet but the water is smooth as glass and the sound of the wake is so soothing.  It is a bit chilly but nowhere near freezing.  The balcony is soggy from some heavy misting but we packed very appropriately!  
We are headed out on the small boat tour up to the face of the Sawyer Glaciers later today.  I hope to get a lot of great photos.  

I spotted three about an hour ago as I was getting my steps in circling the sports deck! It’s a great start. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1