Embarkation Day lunch

CruisinNana

On the Edge/Apex on Embarkation day, I prefer a restaurant where I can order from a menu and be served.  I do not want to go to the buffet and I am not an Aqua guest nor a suite guest.  What restaurants are open on Embarkation day that I might visit?  It does not matter if there is a charge for the lunch. Thanks for your information!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

Concierge Class gets dining room lunch on embarkation day. 

I read that for the 1st cruise that lunch was on the 2nd day.  Maybe someone on last weeks cruise can shed some light.

13 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

That would only work if you get on the ship in time for lunch. Not being too hopeful about that (have not been able to check in yet)

13 hours ago, ETHTrader said:

Not anymore.

On last weeks Edge cruise the Concierge lunch was pushed to the second sea day.

Concierge lunch was in one of the four MDR's and lunch for everyone else was in another.

The both were given the Concierge lunch menu !!!

ABSURD !!!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Many things have changed since the pandemic.

I asked if the lunch was still part of the amenities for Conciege class at the time I booked the cruise for next month.  I was told it was.   Now, that doesn’t mean it won’t change in the next several weeks.

1 minute ago, curtsfan said:

I asked if the lunch was still part of the amenities for Conciege class at the time I booked the cruise for next month.  I was told it was.   Now, that doesn’t mean it won’t change in the next several weeks.

On some sailings, the Concierge lunch has been moved to another day, rather defeating the whole benefit.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

On some sailings, the Concierge lunch has been moved to another day, rather defeating the whole benefit.

I’ve read that as well.  To be honest, I don’t care about the lunch.   I’m just excited to be able to cruise again!!!

3 hours ago, curtsfan said:

I’ve read that as well.  To be honest, I don’t care about the lunch.   I’m just excited to be able to cruise again!!!

The Embarkation luncheon in the MDR is one of the primary reasons I sail Concierge.   So disappointed if we get this perk removed until the 2nd day, thus defeating the purpose for it in the first place.   

• Like 4

I noticed on their website it now says:

"On embarkation day, guests of the Concierge Class will receive an in-room invitation detailing the date, time, and location of the luncheon. You’ll have your pick of dining options in the Main Restaurant onboard the ship."

This seems to imply it is no longer going to be on embarkation day if you don't find out the date/time of it until after your room is ready.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/concierge-class-embarkation-lunch

3 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

The Embarkation luncheon in the MDR is one of the primary reasons I sail Concierge.   So disappointed if we get this perk removed until the 2nd day, thus defeating the purpose for it in the first place.   

We agree that you should not lose the benefit, "Saturngirl."

It would hurt us (and many other people) too, even though we do not book Concierge class.  You see, we have been allowed to share this E-Day luncheon with you many time -- as back-to-back guests.  We don't want to lose it either.

The reason for eliminating the Embarkation Lunch is due to the adherence to specific boarding times that are selected when you check in for your cruise. It is all as a result of the new protocols due to COVID-19. There is no guarantee you will be able to board in time to dine at the luncheon. From what I have read about the cruises that have already taken place there are no longer priority boarding times for cabins other than suites and a few other VIP cruisers. Hopefully this benefit for Concierge Cabins will be reinstated once we get closer to “normal “ cruising life. 

You may or may not agree with how X is handling the boarding process, but they are the ones responsible for the well being of all passengers and at the present time this is how they are doing it. You of course have the option to either cruise with them, another cruise line or not cruise at all. 

Edited by RICCruisers
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, owensjro said:

I noticed on their website it now says:

"On embarkation day, guests of the Concierge Class will receive an in-room invitation detailing the date, time, and location of the luncheon. You’ll have your pick of dining options in the Main Restaurant onboard the ship."

This seems to imply it is no longer going to be on embarkation day if you don't find out the date/time of it until after your room is ready.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/concierge-class-embarkation-lunch

While they make it sound like the Concierge Class menu is exclusive, posts from some recent cruises indicate that the same menu was given to all diners having lunch in the MDR. So much for a perk paid for but not delivered.

While I fully understand the cancellation of priority boarding and the embarkation-day lunch, there's precious little left in benefits for the extra charges for Concierge passengers. Giving us the same lunch as all other passengers on another day doesn't cut it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

The reason for eliminating the Embarkation Lunch is due to the adherence to specific boarding times that are selected when you check in for your cruise. It is all as a result of the new protocols due to COVID-19. There is no guarantee you will be able to board in time to dine at the luncheon. From what I have read about the cruises that have already taken place there are no longer priority boarding times for cabins other than suites and a few other VIP cruisers. Hopefully this benefit for Concierge Cabins will be reinstated once we get closer to “normal “ cruising life. 

You may or may not agree with how X is handling the boarding process, but they are the ones responsible for the well being of all passengers and at the present time this is how they are doing it. You of course have the option to either cruise with them, another cruise line or not cruise at all. 

Thank you, "RICCruisers," but we, "Saturngrl," and probably most other people already knew the "reason" that Celebrity has alleged (and that you have mentioned) for the elimination of the Concierge/B2B luncheon.  Any CruiseCritic member would also know our "options," which you listed at the end of your message.

We disagree very strongly with you and Celebrity, however, for this reason:

Even under the current procedures, the Concierge luncheon could be offered on Embarkation Day (let us say, from 1 to 2:30 PM), so that the following could partake of it:

~~~ Those Concierge-class guests who are able to board early enough [which would potentially be many people] ... and ...

~~~ Potentially all the back-to-back guests [sometimes quite a large number], because they would indeed be able to re-board very early in the afternoon, after having disembarked briefly to be tested.

Thus, Celebrity has not really made public a valid reason to avoid offering this special luncheon, under the current circumstances.  Moreover, it makes no sense whatsoever to offer a Concierge/B2B luncheon on some subsequent "day at sea," when the MDR is already open for lunch anyway!

So why is the E-Day Concierge luncheon not being offered right now?  Whenever there is a bit of a mystery in the behavior of a person (or a corporation), one must consider the "great motivator" -- MONEY!  Sorry if you think that this is cynical, but Celebrity can save some $$$ by not having this luncheon, so the corporation is doing that.

• Like 1

I will accept that not having the Concierge Class embarkation day lunch on embarkation day right now is due to new Covid-19 protocols and boarding procedures.  But it's really ludicrous to have it on any other day.  It's a very limited menu, nothing that would make me interrupt my day for it.   The entire concept behind the embarkation day lunch was to give Concierge Class guests a quiet place for a sit-down lunch before staterooms were ready; no need to drag your carryon luggage all around the ship, or fight the crowds in the buffet.  The lunch was fine for that purpose, but, to me at least, it would be totally pointless on any other day.

• Like 5

Thanks to the 10% discount promo going on now, we have received a bunch of nonrefundable OBC and were wondering if anyone knows if there are "sit down" restaurants on the Edge open on port days as well as embarkation day that serve brunch and/or lunch for a fee?

Edited by Ken the cruiser