Nieuw Amsterdam

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0722Europe.thumb.png.b1417151be3e5411eeb747b38593d6ed.png

0722USA.thumb.png.06b119befe7e688412bab49005b88477.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Good morning everyone.

It is supposed to be a nice day today here in northeast Ohio with abundant sunshine and a high temperature of 75 degrees.  It should be very pleasant.  

No big plans for today other than going to the pool.  I guess I could sweep the floors as they do need it.  There is always some housework that needs to be done.  

Today's meal sounds wonderful for that special meal with guests.   Haven't we had this before?

Garlic-Rosemary-Beef-TenderloinIMG_1412.thumb.jpg.1e1850ad6395c40f18c337e96450a277.jpg

https://damndelicious.net/2020/12/18/garlic-rosemary-beef-tenderloin/

Edited by dfish
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Love swinging in a Hammock, I'm retired so every day is leisure day and I'll have a refreshment or two to celebrate today.  I'm not sure about the quote.  The meal sounds great.  Follow up appointment with the derm today.  Shingles are still evident but no welts or pain.  Thank goodness for the drugs.

Prayers and virtual hugs to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Wolfram:

1/3 Gin 1/3 Wolfschmidt 1/3 Dry Vermouth 1/6 Lemon Juice Shake well and serve in a cocktail glass or on the rocks.

Wolfram is an English cocktail made with a combination of gin, dry vermouth, lemon juice, and Wolfschmidt vodka, hence the name. In order to prepare it, equal parts gin, vodka, and vermouth should be shaken with lemon juice, then served in a cocktail glass or on the rocks.

968725946_ScreenShot2021-07-22at6_56_51AM.png.7a81988f40b3fc9904be054e91202a16.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning and thanks for the Daily Report.

A little cool this morning (10C)  but nice and clear.  High of 25C this afternoon.

Interesting days, they all go together.  Laying in leisure in a hammock with a refreshment.  Sounds like a good plan.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 16

Good morning all and thank you for the daily report.  I would love to drink a glass of lemonade while reading a book in a hammock in celebration of all three days today.  Channing’s statue is in Boston Public Garden and his grave is in Mt. Auburn Cemetery. Could he lighten up a little bit and let us enjoy ourselves, we’ve just endured a year long lockdown for crying out loud.  The meal sounds very nice today.  Haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to seeing the pictures.  Prayers to all that need them today and congratulations to everyone celebrating an event today!

• Like 20

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  The weather this morning is wonderful.  I turned off the ac and opened the windows.  The fresh air is a good thing.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good although we will have chicken tonight.  We are now going into the office at least one day a week.  That has been nice to actually see coworkers and have someone to talk to during the day.  I shared the vacation news and my customers are doing their best to keep me busy.  I’ll celebrate leisure day a bit delayed on the NA.  I hope that everyone has a good day.

• Like 21

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  A great collection of days and an interesting quote by Channing.  I've been to several quaint Scottish ports on the Elegant Explorer, but not Stornoway.  I love today's meal suggestion.  I had a gap of several days in 2011 between disembarking MS Rotterdam in Rotterdam and boarding MS Prinsendam in London/Tilbury.  My next couple of meals will be from the Rotterdam July 16 menu.  On that day we had the Mariner's brunch (beef) and I dined at Canaletto in the evening.  Today's alternate menu suggestion is what I would have had if I had been in the dining room, Fresh Fruit Cup, Ziti with Prosciutto and Lemon Olive Oil, and Fruit Jello.

Rehab this morning and primary doctor this afternoon.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU
Cruising Along’s cousin needing new kidney
DurangoScots shelter manager in ICU
bennybear DSIL infection
JazzyV recovering from eye surgery
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy

From the rotation:
Tana starting to deal with Pulmonary Fibrosis
Kakalina undergoing radiation for aggressive cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers
Atexsix recapping the Seattle fleet
Welcome home kplady
Good eye report on Jazzyv
Good oncology report on Sharon’s mom
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
Denise on her wilderness adventure
NextOne booked for Panama Canal
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. Woke up to no internet connection this AM. Lucky for me the aide and Sam knew how to fix it. Today looks like it will be nice and not too hot. I like all of today’s days and would drink to them, but not this morning. A quiet day today. It’s our son David’s 49th birthday today. When he was born I said he would keep us young, but it didn’t quite work that way.

Stay safe out there and watch out for the Delta variant.

Carol

• Like 29

Good afternoon on a slightly misty 65°F day at South Shields beach.

It is quite busy on the beach today.

No hammocks but I always give them a miss because of how hard it is to get on them.

Pauline managed on Independence of the seas.

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

Love the meal selection for today.

Refreshment day sounds good.

Stornoway is nice.

Never tried today's wine.

IMG_20210722_121215.jpg

IMG_20180601_102734.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday smile 🙂 

What a great collection of days.  They definitely fit together very well. Hammocks are always great

88252D62-185B-4F46-8C30-00A496E277A1.jpeg.18b1153fc5dd136e2fb724cffb20b597.jpeg

And hot weather makes you crave cool drinks & leisure.

2DE21857-D326-4B9D-8775-68F8503D5A9D.jpeg.cd5c6fc74415f12583c8e7b170a4acbd.jpeg

Not sure about today’s quote but the meal suggestion for today sounds excellent.  If it stops raining, we may well have that.

@summer slopeso glad to hear that the drugs are helping with your shingles.  Hope your derm is pleased 🤞 I certainly am to hear this is no longer any pain 👍 

@dfishI hear you on the housework needing to be done.  With the rain, I probably have no choice 😔 

36026E8C-9C66-44E7-A9F0-82B7E1386B57.thumb.jpeg.a41eadca736cf61f741dac03eba392fd.jpeg

I had great plans yesterday but on the way to the hairdresser a mysterious light came on the dashboard and I had to look it up in the manual.  I had never seen it before.  Catalytic converter problem.  Called the dealership from the hairdresser, then called CAA to tow the car.  Finished hair appointment and waited 1/2 hour for the tow truck and then another 1/2 hour to get home.  By the time I got home, I was beat.

Turns out a rodent (probably a squirrel) chewed a wire that went to the high pressure whatever connecting to the converter.  Sheesh.  Car will be picked up today.  Today HAS to be a better day 😉 

Prayers for those on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!

B00E590D-D544-4999-A363-1182B1BA98AF.jpeg.6306b07b99a79397be86369e0ba8c18c.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Woke up to no internet connection this AM. Lucky for me the aide and Sam knew how to fix it. Today looks like it will be nice and not too hot. I like all of today’s days and would drink to them, but not this morning. A quiet day today. It’s our son David’s 49th birthday today. When he was born I said he would keep us young, but it didn’t quite work that way.

Stay safe out there and watch out for the Delta variant.

Carol

Happy birthday wishes for your son David's 49th birthday today.

Graham 

• Like 12

Top of the morning to you all! Well, another cancellation in our lives. For the second year in a row we have delayed our 14 day private tour of the Outer Hebrides in Scotland. Just to many variables and unknowns!😩

After the last couple of years there should be a “Cancellation Day!”

Thanks for delivery of our Daily read.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, dfish said:

Today's meal sounds wonderful for that special meal with guests.   Haven't we had this before?

Quite possibly -- The Daily to this point has contained 473 Meal suggestions, 403 Wine selections, and 324 Drink possibilities. Seems likely that there has been some duplication.

• Like 22

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!

Roy thank you for our lists!
Summer happy to see your pain has abated! @kazu, Jacqui your chewed wire is one thing you can not blame on your local deer!🙃 But I hope you make that rodent pay the bill. 

@mamaofami this is for David…
ED1E0496-DEE5-4CDF-96CE-57952BECA5CF.jpeg.5a7e73fe5f1d14856b294ed0338f7d66.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Errazuriz Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Series - Chile

This Cab has a very good rating for the 2016 and 2018 vintages. It might be easier to find the 2018 vintage, so that is the one I highlighted here. You can find it online for as low as $15.99. And you might find it for less locally. 

Review & tasting notes:

Errazuriz is known for fuller-flavoured varieties and is expert at delivering stylish Cabernet, unencumbered by lashings of oak or over-ripeness. Full and aromatic on the nose, with a magnificent structure of ripe, vibrant young fruit, the wine has the added benefit of a small proportion of barrel ageing lending silkiness to the tannins. To enjoy this delicious Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon at its finest try decanting the wine or opening the bottle at least half an hour before serving.

Don Maximiano Errázuriz founded Viña Errázuriz in 1870. It is now run by sixth generation family member Eduardo Chadwick, who still works to Maximiano's philosophy of 'From the best land, the best wine'

Expert reviews

"Chilean wines are often underrated, and I have huge respect for the quality that comes from some of the top producers such as Errazuriz. This Cabernet is expertly crafted and full of the purity of vibrant fruit character that you'd expect from this country with its ideal conditions for wine-production. Full and aromatic, with hints of perfume and supple structure, it's a delight with meals like spaghetti Bolognese."

Anne Jones · Wine Expert

• Like 24
  • Haha 1

Oh my...hammocks and leisure and refreshments -- I'll take it.

@kazu, thumbs down on the car problems.  No fun there.  Hope today is better.

@summer slope, hooray that the meds are working.  Hopefully you can put this behind you.

@Sharon in AZ, it brought a smile thinking of you and DM at Red Lobster.  That was a favorite of my mother as well.  We enjoyed many a lunch date there.  I'm so glad your DM is feeling better.

@mamaofami, Happy Birthday to your David!

@aliaschief, sorry about another cancellation.  Things are super confusing right now, aren't they?  🤔

@richwmnand @dfish, that meal might be a repeat, but it looks like one worth repeating. Yum!

To all our Daily contributors, Thank you, and to all -- those who post and those who just take a peek --  have a very pleasant Thursday!

• Like 24

25 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Quite possibly -- The Daily to this point has contained 473 Meal suggestions, 403 Wine selections, and 324 Drink possibilities. Seems likely that there has been some duplication.

I think we did because I already had the picture downloaded.

• Like 13