7-29-21 Thursday Weigh-In---Last Weigh-In Of The Month

Belle

July is over for another year

August is 3 days near

Time goes by so fast

But our weight seems to last

Should change that-----

Weight loss should be fast

The days of the month should last (longer)

Hope you had a month that was good

Wishing August will be a month of healthy food

So hoping  a loss to each of you this weigh-in

That would end your July with a nice win (we had 5 weigh-in Thursdays)

Now we have four August Thursdays to weigh

Hope they all go your way

Good morning Belle - thanks for the motivation.  I’m getting very anxious  about  surgery.  Rearranged furniture, new curtains for den and wall hanging hung. Groceries purchased.  Trimmed Jazzper. Not sleeping worried about sleeping  on my back-  back elevated for 3 weeks.(I’m a side sleeper).  Plan on being in recliner. 

Beginning to worry about being at maintenance weight.  Afraid of falling off the sugar wagon.

1.2 lb loss this week makes it 4.2 for the month.   Plan to weigh Monday before surgery then at the end of august (will be a lot of fluctuations during the post op weeks) 

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread.

Izena ~ hope all goes well with the surgery. You're doing terrific with your weight loss.

I didn't lose this week, I'm up 0.2 lbs, guess that was those guac chips before I threw the rest of the bag out. It they're here,  I'll eat them! Today I'm picking up another Christmas in July meal so wonder what that'll do.

Hope to see the others checking in later.

Have a nice day & stay safe. Have fp on my MSC cruise today but am unsure if I'll be able to get insurance so have emailed my supplier.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Today I did it again, got up had coffee and breakfast and then realized it was Thursday.  I keep getting the days screwed up.  I will weigh myself tomorrow.

Had to get new batteries for the scale - it was weighing 4# down and then up to 5# up and just back and forth ... wish the 4# down was correct.  Not expecting to have a loss this week - we spent a lot of time eating - DH & I went out to dinner Friday (date night), Saturday we met friends for dinner.  Sunday I met my middle son for breakfast, and last night all the kids were over for a birthday celebration - pizza, salad, wine and cake out on the deck.  I was touched that my SIL (the birthday person) said my daughter had an awesome family - nothing better than family!!!

Izena - good luck with the surgery - hope you will keep us all informed on your progress.

Jo - not a bad gain.  Hopefully you can get the insurance!   Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Good morning, Belle

Izena, I cannot imagine the difficulty of having to change sleeping patterns that much. And I'm sure Jazzper won't make it any easier. Do you have help?

Jan, enjoy the week but not too much food wise. Eat just the part of the cake that you feel is best. There's ways another week

I'm still wanting to lose 1/2". 1" if I want that pencil skirt to fit. No idea why I bought it (and in all 3 colors) but it was a good price?!?

Good morning Belle - thanks for the motivation.  I’m getting very anxious  about  surgery.  Rearranged furniture, new curtains for den and wall hanging hung. Groceries purchased.  Trimmed Jazzper. Not sleeping worried about sleeping  on my back-  back elevated for 3 weeks.(I’m a side sleeper).  Plan on being in recliner. 

Beginning to worry about being at maintenance weight.  Afraid of falling off the sugar wagon.

1.2 lb loss this week makes it 4.2 for the month.   Plan to weigh Monday before surgery then at the end of august (will be a lot of fluctuations during the post op weeks) 

Jo - you are very consistent you seem to have  less than 1/2 lb you keep tossing around it’s up and down . The fact is your not gaining yay.  The dog in your picture looks like Jazzper.

Jan I envy all the family time.  Wish my  TN son was more attentive  - he’s just not a good communicator.  My TX son is better keeps me posted on his trips and see him every few months. Granddaughter turns 26 end of August don’t see her much  she will respond to text msg.

Ombud 1/2 inch is doable. If not buy some shapewear to squeeze it tight.

i re-read my post op instructions.  Only have to sleep on my back for 3 nights not 3 weeks (thank goodness)  The dog park golden girls  have stepped up to the plate 

one will drop me off and take me home AND spend the night 

(another is taking the drivers dog for the night)

Jazzper spending 3 night with another.

I should be able go to dog park for a  quick potty stop by  the end of the week and the group will do the 💩 pickup.

I’m very blessed to have found such a great group  of friends —-none of us knew each other 5 years ago.

i haven’t told my sons // TN doesn’t even  know I’ve lost weight.  TX he’s on a biking vacation in CO (he would worry)   

• Like 1

Afternoon All

Izena---Another loss for you--doing so good.  Your surgery is this Monday? That was fast.

Yes you have great friends in your "Dog Park Golden Girls". Nice their doing these things for you.

Will be thinking of you and glad you can sleep right after 3 days.

Jo---Just a little up, off by tomorrow. Enjoy your Christmas dinner just not to 😊much!

Why wouldn't you be able to get insurance for your MSC cruise?

Jan--When your home most of the time, not working the days can get away. Hope you at

least stay the same when you do weigh because of all your good dinners and breakfast.

Spending time with husband/family is special not to be missed.

Ombud---Hope you can lose your 1/2 in but if not you'll still have a great time on your

cruise. Pencil skirts? Yes why? Remember wearing them when working. Don't wear them now

but that's me.

Me---Stayed the same--- I think I'm eating to much. Not enough to gain but to much to lose.

Crazy!🤪

Take care

• Like 1

I’m very disappointed. Due to scheduling issues there will be no tummy tuck.  So back to my routine.   Don’t think I will have tummy tuck in the future.  (No one sees me naked and clothes  will cover all the saggy skin)

Jazzper and I will be back at dog park by Wednesday.  And will continue on weekly weigh in.  

Irena 😔

I've had a rough day so I overage. Had unplaned 1/2 bagel & 2 cookies.

Koda asked to go out around 4:30 and was attacked. I did not know if he was injured or how badly. The ER said he could wait until daytime.  We went to his grooming appt and Ariel found wounds.  His vet saw him right away with that info. They did not sedate him to reclip, clean wounds, take labs, x-rays, and medicate. He has a deep bruise as well. He's on a 10 day regime of wound cleansing, antibiotics, and has pain meds. He wants to stay under my feet and isn't mad at me

So I had a 1/2 bagel with cream cheese with dinner + 2 cookies. Stressed. And guilty

Afternoon All

Izena---Sorry you can't get the tuck like you wanted. Your still getting the other

surgery Mon.? You plan to walk on Wed.? Strong woman!

Ombud---So sorry about Koda. Was it just another dog running wild? Hope he

feels better each day. Don't be guilty, was the people who let their dogs out

or if it was an other animal. Your extra eating will be ok. Wasn't that much.

Jan---Sorry Molly was attacked  before and had to go though all that. Why do

people let their dogs run loose?

Hope your all having a good day.

Ombud — NOT guilty you deserved a pint of ice cream.  Tell Koda, Jazzper said he’d come a nd beat up the other dog. I would have been horrified. Big hugs from me.

Yes still getting implant replaced with  smaller saline and lift on the other side.  I had 4  breast surgeries in 2011 .  I expect  this to be easy peasy.    I’m talking small about  a B Just enough to keep bra in place.  My friends are very supportive. 

I’m bored so have been fantasizing about adventure cruises.  Maybe Uncruise or Windstar.  Still want to try kayaking.  Of course the way covid/delta are going I’ll  be too old for those kind of cruises when travel opens up. 

My GD is better back to work.  Her dad gets back from CO In a week.  I’ve been driving new SUV  —Jazzper likes it , has 2 car seats one in front and one in the back . He rides in front on way to dog park and back on return. When we get home he expects me to walk around to the passenger side and open which ever door he has moved to.  He’s spoiled rotten.

Unfortunately I don't know what it was. A mountain lion made off with a cat last week. A boxer was into the vet with his face injured from a bobcat. But I think Koda just met up with a mama raccoon protecting her pups. We have a lot of raccoons here. Also possum & moles but they couldn't have done it. IMHO 

He's resting. So I'm back on track. Ice pops and tons of water. 

Edited by Ombud

Doing my last meal prep before my cruise. Did 4 Japanese last night & 6 Italian now. That plus 3 nights salad will take me through the 2 weeks plus some. I'm not trustworthy cooking for 1 without portioning it out

Anyone else up?

Ombud.  All my snack/crunchy treats are placed in 60-100 calorie bags.  I allow my self 2-3 a day. Rule is only take one snack at a time.  It has been working.  Since I live alone I have developed a routine of 200-250 calorie  meals.  Make sure getting protein, fruits and veggies.  My snacks are the carbs.   

Jazzper and I will go to the park tonight then I will drop him off  so sitter can sleep in tomorrow..   I will check in sometime on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Hello Ombud and Izena

Ombud hope Koda is feeling better today. Terrible it could be one of many animals

around there. Guess you have to watch when she goes out.

Nice your fixing your meals ahead. You have another cruise date to  look at.

So far their giving more information and pictures to get you more excited.

Izena wishing you the best tomorrow and that it's quick and your not waiting 

around he hospital, that there is no delays, can't remember if you stay the

night or go home the same day. take care and rest afterwards.

You sure have your eating plan down pat. Good for you.

Hi guys...Have been tied up.  Went to Biloxi and paid my "dues" for playing cards.  Then stopped and got 3month old grandson and had him for 3days.  Did not weigh last week due to our outing.   This morning I sneaked a weigh and I did not do too much damage.  Carrying a 14 pound baby around helped.  I'm thinking about buying a bowling ball and tote it all day😁.

Izena hope all goes well with surgery.

Ombud so sorry about your fur baby.  Hope he heals quickly.

Belle thanks for the continued motivation.

Talk Thursday....everyone have a good week....Susan

I just found this weight loss area and think its great. If you dont mind I'll join in on my progress.

I have been needing to get motivated to lose weight and get healthy again and my wife set up a cruise with friends in Oct 2022 ( I love cruising and we don't go much). This got me motivated so I pulled up my  myfitnesspal app and an excel spreadsheet and got to planning.  I started July 1st at 251lbs (the heaviest I've ever been)  and decided I wanted to be 190 lbs by late October 2022.  A 61lbs loss puts me back to my "target weight" so I set an easy goal that would get me there and not be frustrating since I have 15 or so months to the cruise. My goal is set for 3.5lbs a month. 

I also started lifting weights (Dumbell workouts at home) 3 days a week , Yoga and stretching for 2 days with the weekends off. Abs everyday but the weekend. 

My diet is now Coffee with cream and a breakfast bar , slimfast shake or equivalent brand for lunch , snacks as needed. I have whatever the family is having for dinner including pizza as long as I stay in my calorie allotment for the day.  I also fast after dinner Monday night to dinner on Tuesday dinner (1-2 lbs losses and not hard). This is somewhat strict so cheating is expected at times but I try not to go crazy. 

I was down to 240lbs (11 lbs so far) on Thursday last week and currently am at 239lbs today. I met and exceeded my July goal so I reset the 3.5lbs number to my new weight and kept at it. 

I know later weight will be more difficult to lose and I think that's the beauty of a simple spreadsheet. I view it a few times a week to stay motivated , add a new column for each month and bold type the month end weight. I can look back where I would have been if I was only losing my set weight and feel good that I'm still ahead of where I would have been. Later on when it gets tough to lose weight , i can look back and see my best months and be motivated that I am still moving forward. I shared my simple sheet.  

Thanks for reading this if you do, I havent talked about it much to my wife as I dont want to pressure her to lose or feel the need to modify her dinner choices for me. It's nice to be able to share it somewhere. 

Cruise weight loss.xlsx

• Like 1

Hello All

Craxe we are happy your joining us. Sounds like your off to a great start.

With your spreadsheet and exercise you lost 11 lbs for July. Great Job!

Opti another man here is doing it without his wife to and is doing great.

Yes share here everyday  if you like and weigh-in on Thursdays.

Susan glad you had a good time but they should of given you the money

not the other way around. Glad you got time with your grandson. Wishing that

you have no gains on Thursday because of your vacation.

Izena hope everything went well today and your feeling as best as you can.

I went to the dentist today going be having work done knew it was coming.

Only good thing maybe I'll lose weight.

Take care everyone, we're back to wearing masks again. I haven't stopped

but haven't been going out that much. It starts tomorrow but lot of people

wearing them today. This Delta is a danger.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Craxe77 said:

I just found this weight loss area and think its great. If you dont mind I'll join in on my progress.

I have been needing to get motivated to lose weight and get healthy again and my wife set up a cruise with friends in Oct 2022 ( I love cruising and we don't go much). This got me motivated so I pulled up my  myfitnesspal app and an excel spreadsheet and got to planning.  I started July 1st at 251lbs (the heaviest I've ever been)  and decided I wanted to be 190 lbs by late October 2022.  A 61lbs loss puts me back to my "target weight" so I set an easy goal that would get me there and not be frustrating since I have 15 or so months to the cruise. My goal is set for 3.5lbs a month. 

I also started lifting weights (Dumbell workouts at home) 3 days a week , Yoga and stretching for 2 days with the weekends off. Abs everyday but the weekend. 

My diet is now Coffee with cream and a breakfast bar , slimfast shake or equivalent brand for lunch , snacks as needed. I have whatever the family is having for dinner including pizza as long as I stay in my calorie allotment for the day.  I also fast after dinner Monday night to dinner on Tuesday dinner (1-2 lbs losses and not hard). This is somewhat strict so cheating is expected at times but I try not to go crazy. 

I was down to 240lbs (11 lbs so far) on Thursday last week and currently am at 239lbs today. I met and exceeded my July goal so I reset the 3.5lbs number to my new weight and kept at it. 

I know later weight will be more difficult to lose and I think that's the beauty of a simple spreadsheet. I view it a few times a week to stay motivated , add a new column for each month and bold type the month end weight. I can look back where I would have been if I was only losing my set weight and feel good that I'm still ahead of where I would have been. Later on when it gets tough to lose weight , i can look back and see my best months and be motivated that I am still moving forward. I shared my simple sheet.  

Thanks for reading this if you do, I havent talked about it much to my wife as I dont want to pressure her to lose or feel the need to modify her dinner choices for me. It's nice to be able to share it somewhere. 

Cruise weight loss.xlsx 9.11 kB · 2 downloads

Yep. That's my breakfast too but loss hasn't been as steady as yours.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Yep. That's my breakfast too but loss hasn't been as steady as yours.

I always feel that 8-10 lbs of my first weight loss is water so I dont get to excited. I see most of the loss each week around my fast day. 

Edited by Craxe77

Welcome Craxe11.  I found  this forum during covid.  My weight was going up and up.  The reason I keep posting is that everyone does their own thing.  Some count calories, some do WW, carb management, etc.  I am on Nutrisystem but no one has an agenda to push onto others.  All you will get here is encouragement and what i needed...a sense of accountability for actions.  Just as an extra i have found a few new friends along the way.  Good luck with your journey.  We all want to get into our "cruise clothes"!

• Like 1