Anybody else tired of the 70's disco party?

I agree 100%. They Harmony and Symphony have the 90s and 80s parties respectively which are a nice change. I'm not sure if other ships have them or not. 

I'm personally not a fan of 70s music but love the 80s music. I was surprised when they skipped the 80s and went straight to the 90s for the Harmony, but pleased when the 80s showed up on Symphony. 

That is one nice thing about Cruise entertainment.  There is so much going on, that you can skip certain shows if you don't like them. Not all people have the same tastes. 

We always look forward to that type of show. Apparently,  many others do, too. There is always a hugh crowd. 

Please don't do the rap stuff. 

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

I love this party. Did miss it so much under Corona close down.

Hope the party will take place on Harmony the 15. th of August 2021

We had it on the Allure simulation cruise, but held in Studio B under vaccinated only protocols 

It was fun to do it again

20210727_234140.thumb.jpg.6e843f9ccf6c2dfc9d4fbffd78b53136.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Year after year, it's the same party on every cruise. It's getting a little stale for me,

Anyone else like to see it go away?

They need to get rid of the 70's Disco and move on to 70's and 80's Punk!

Lots of The Ramones, The Clash, The Six Pistols... (might have spelled that one wrong??)

Good old fashioned family entertainment.... and with a heck of a beat! 🕺💃

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 6

I also agree that I would like to see a change. I think 80's would be a nice change. Just think of all those songs from the various movies we grew up with in the 80's (John Hughes movies). I would think new cruisers would just be as happy for a 80s dance party as 70's and for repeat cruisers a change would be nice.

This is the one issue I think I would have if I tried a back to back cruise. While it is great to be able to stay in your room and not have to pack and unpack for another week. I would think it would be so boring to do a back to back cruise. I loved the Aqua show and Ice show and Flight on Symphony. However doing a second week and seeing the exact same shows again would be boring and then add in the same 70's dance party 2 weeks in a row. That is why I would almost rather have the inconvenience of packing and switching ships for a second cruise even if that meant going between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale or spending a night in a hotel room if it is a Saturday to Saturday then a Sunday to Sunday cruise on a different ship. 

Yeah, it's a little tired, but that probably has more to do with having been on twenty-something RC cruises over twenty-something years (and I know that still hardly gets me out of the "newbie" category around here).  It's still fun, high-energy music to dance to and a mighty fun night.  We have a ball when we show up.

I agree that mixing things up would be nice for the repeaters, but I also agree that many folks love it.  Great!  If the joint were empty every cruise, I imagine they would move on to something else.  As long as folks keep showing up and having fun, disco ain't dead yet!

• Like 1

I'm tired of most of the "entertainment" on the cruise.  I just assume there are a lot of people who don't get the chance to cruise as often as we do and it's a new fun experience for them.  That being said, I love the 70's music, and who doesn't enjoy seeing the Village People!

I would love to see the cruise lines mix it up a bit, but, I imagine that might be harder on the staff.

Anyway, these activities can usually be avoided.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

They need to get rid of the 70's Disco and move on to 70's and 80's Punk!

Lots of The Ramones, The Clash, The Six Pistols... (might have spelled that one wrong??)

Good old fashioned family entertainment.... and with a heck of a beat! 🕺💃

LOL, wait a few years for the 2020s party... to when we can all sing along to "WAP". 😄

Edit: as for a Punk Party.  We would hear at least one Iggy Pop song.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4