Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

does anyone know when we will find out if we are selected? and do we get notice either way- even if we are not chosen? 

i obviously have a preference which sailing i would like to do- do they give you any kind of choice? i will happily take any of them, just wondering for those who have sailed the test cruises. 

Typical RC as this could have been handled a little better.  Why not ask the volunteer to checkoff which test cruise(s) one is interested in or preferences on a 1-2-3 order?

The Mariner test is less than a week away and the outbound flights from my area for that entire week are unusually pricey;  the return flight is reasonable.

I'm interested in the 4N Liberty or the 6N Oasis primarily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Unfortunately the simulation cruises are only two nights, regardless of the length of the cruise

The Ovation simulation test cruise I participated in was 5N, Seattle to Ketchikan.  

• Like 1

Signed us up! 🤞🏻 We’re hoping to get on Mariner because it’s close to home! 🛳

Anyone else unable to react to posts in this thread? Works for me everywhere else but this thread. 🤔 

Edited by perfect match

7 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Signed us up! 🤞🏻 We’re hoping to get on Mariner because it’s close to home! 🛳

I hope you get the test cruise of your preference!  I wonder if the "selection committee" will look at one's geographical location (address) and select one for a nearby cruise and if one can be selected for more than one test cruise since no dates overlap as of yet.

Edited by long4acruise
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I’m skeptical.  The email comes from everbridge.net. 
I don’t think this is sponsored by RCI. 
Clickbait to get info?  

All mails I’ve received from RCI when there has been an itinerary change and you have to click to confirm you’ve received the info come from Everbridge. 

Shame they didn’t edit the distribution list to exclude all those outside the USA who aren’t eligible. 

Edited by little britain

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

DD and I received the email too but we´re not eligable living in Germany... and can´t travel to the US so far either...

steamboats

We received the invites too, but we also have residency in AL.

Currently in Germany we are not allowed to enter the USA.

I suggested to EU commissioner to reciprocally deny all US citizen entry into the EU, effective immediately😡

I received the same email and got up early this morning to enter my information.  I got as far as the choice of sailings screen and would have chosen Mariner of the Seas on August 11, but if all goes as planned, I should be on the Carnival Magic that day, in or around Bimini... drat.  September 18, I should be on MSC Divina's first cruise that I have already booked,   double drat!  New Jersey is a bit far for me to drive.. tripple drat! .. I bailed out of the contest at that point and didn't complete my entry. 

9 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

does anyone know when we will find out if we are selected? and do we get notice either way- even if we are not chosen? 

i obviously have a preference which sailing i would like to do- do they give you any kind of choice? i will happily take any of them, just wondering for those who have sailed the test cruises. 

The link above says winners will ne notified via call or e-mail on or around Aug 8.

1 minute ago, dahirsh said:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the form will not accept the format for my phone number,  It will not accept it without dashes and literally won't let me type dashes

Sounds like you have autofill on your system. Go to the phone line and delete what is there and then type in the 10 digits - the system will fill in the dashes

4 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the form will not accept the format for my phone number,  It will not accept it without dashes and literally won't let me type dashes

dashes but no 1 in front so 123-456-7890 and i had to add the dashes because at first I typed without 1234567890 and then it red highlighted it and I had to add dashes

Edited by laumicmah

3 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

Don't try to auto input your phone info... I had the same problem. I just deleted and started typing numbers only and the dashes were put in automatically.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Sounds like you have autofill on your system. Go to the phone line and delete what is there and then type in the 10 digits - the system will fill in the dashes

thought I tried that, but I'll try again.