Assigned Check-In Times - Apply to Suite Guests ?

Haven't sailed Celebrity for several years (and, obviously, not post-covid !)

We signed up for the earliest time that showed available (12:30-1:00) to Board 

We are in a Sky Suite (love those corner aft suites !)

Wondering - don't "suite amenities" include check-in when we arrive ?  (within reason, of course) 

Thanks to anyone who can respond with recent experience 

(Would love to be able to board in time to enjoy Luminaire for lunch on embarkation day) - but certainly not a deal breaker (so happy to be able to cruise again in  42 days  (Equinox - 12-Night Caribbean)   😁

2 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Haven't sailed Celebrity for several years (and, obviously, not post-covid !)

We signed up for the earliest time that showed available (12:30-1:00) to Board 

We are in a Sky Suite (love those corner aft suites !)

Wondering - don't "suite amenities" include check-in when we arrive ?  (within reason, of course) 

(Would love to be able to board in time to enjoy Luminaire for lunch on embarkation day) - but certainly not a deal breaker (so happy to be able to cruise again in  42 days  (Equinox - 12-Night Caribbean)   😁

Currently this applies to everyone, also Suites.

Not to Suites.  See "Deja Vu all over again" for lots of info.  

He had 2pm boarding time.

On 8/14/2021 at 10:53 AM, helen haywood said:

Are you saying boarding is delayed?  Or was your boarding time always 2 pm?  If you’re in a suite I thought you could board anytime.  We’re about to leave for the port so I definitely want to know!

"Answer from GraphicGuy"  Boarding time was always 2.  But, walked right on board just now.  15 minutes from getting a taxi ($11) to stepping foot on the ship.

Also look for the door in the corner in this picture.  It's for suite guests and quite a few people on earlier cruises were told to wait in long lines and weren't directed to this entrance.

4FBFAEE2-4554-49ED-935B-C630314B3E07.jpeg

I have not yet been aboard but in speaking with the Zenith desk I was told that as a Suite Guest (as well as Zenith) that I could check in at any time.      She indicated there is a separate door and entrance for Suite Guests.   Other guests are marshaled in lines by check in times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have not yet been aboard but in speaking with the Zenith desk I was told that as a Suite Guest (as well as Zenith) that I could check in at any time.      She indicated there is a separate door and entrance for Suite Guests.   Other guests are marshaled in lines by check in times.

So what time are the doors open?

2 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Everything is 'fluid' right now. Changes occurring daily. What occurred for boarding for Edge one week changed the following week. Whatever we state happened to us may not happen again as what happened with our second boarding a month later on the Equinox. We called Celebrity the night before asking the same question. We had a boarding time of 4 pm having booked a CS 48hrs prior to sailing.(Most probably computer generated seeing as we were the last passengers to book a cruise). Celebrity said Suite guests and Zenith can board any time. Now on one of the first cruises we were told the PORT would not open before 12 noon. We arrived at 12:15 and the lines were long. So the port was open much earlier. Suite guests must go to the door in the corner at the far left (in photo above).  

On second cruise, Equinox, we arrived at 10am and doors to terminal were open. We had boarding time of 12 noon.  The longest wait was seated in the Retreat Lounge on the second floor of terminal waiting for ship to clear for boarding at 11:30. Plenty of time to drop off carry ons and lunch in Luminae.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are in a Sky Suite in 12 days and we were told by Celebrity Suite guests can board and check in any time after 11:30. There is a separate suites only entrances at the terminal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

There is a separate suites only entrances at the terminal.

In post #3 photo, please notice lady in lilac top against left wall. Follow straight down to the doors 'hugging' that wall passing the gentlemen in teal shirts and one white shirted security guard. Once inside you will see this.... You will be 'processed' just steps to the left of this sign. Every other non-suite passenger will be processed to the right of this check-in sign.

20 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

In post #3 photo, please notice lady in lilac top against left wall. Follow straight down to the doors 'hugging' that wall passing the gentlemen in teal shirts and one white shirted security guard. Once inside you will see this.... You will be 'processed' just steps to the left of this sign. Every other non-suite passenger will be processed to the right of this check-in sign.

That is where will be on the 27th at 11:30 so we can be in Luminae forclunch by noontime. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, George C said:

What I found annoying was we were told by the person we booked suite with we must show up at assigned time, but then called shore concierge and was told we could ignore that time.

Exact what I was told by shore Concierge too.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

That is where will be on the 27th at 11:30 so we can be in Luminae forclunch by noontime. 

I'll be looking to you for information on how boarding went.    We also have a 11:30 check-in time.  We will be boarding on Sept 6 just as you are returning.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'll be looking to you for information on how boarding went.    We also have a 11:30 check-in time.  We will be boarding on Sept 6 just as you are returning.

I will hopefully from the Luminae while I eat lunch

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your making me salivate.   My cruise is only 3 weeks away but feel so much further out.  

I remember 3 weeks out, now only 12 days. I know we and y'all  we have 2 great cruises. 

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We can wait for lunch at 12:30 but would like to board at our regular time of 11:30 to check out the Retreat Lounge and our suite.  Need that 1st glass or 2  of champagne before lunch.

8 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We can wait for lunch at 12:30 but would like to board at our regular time of 11:30 to check out the Retreat Lounge and our suite.  Need that 1st glass or 2  of champagne before lunch.

I agree, but the Luminae has champagne by the glass too.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

The OP did not mention from whence he/she was sailing, nor the ship.  I'll be on Silhouette in Southampton (TA) and checked in early enough to nab a noon embarkation time, the first offered.  Also in a SS, so if they let us in earlier all the better.