Vaccine Card Question

kikitaz

When my husband was vaccinated at Walmart back in February, he didn't receive the typical small vaccine card, he was give an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper that contained all the same info as the small card.  The type of vaccine, the lot number, store number, date, etc was noted on this paper for both vaccines.  Does anyone have anything similar?  And was it a problem when getting on the ship?  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, kikitaz said:

When my husband was vaccinated at Walmart back in February, he didn't receive the typical small vaccine card, he was give an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper that contained all the same info as the small card.  The type of vaccine, the lot number, store number, date, etc was noted on this paper for both vaccines.  Does anyone have anything similar?  And was it a problem when getting on the ship?  Thank you!

Here in Canada Staples will shrink and laminate. Maybe they will in the states.

Celebrity asks for your original document(s). If it's a CDC card, fine. If it's an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, that's fine too. Don't go shrinking and laminating it, as that is no longer the original document.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 39august said:

If you can get a copy of your state's official health record for him, I would do that.  And take both. I know X has said that they WILL accept a state health record.

Your vaccinations will also be on your Medicare statements. 

59 minutes ago, kikitaz said:

I would go back to Wal-Mart,  with that paper and ID and ask a pharmacy manager if they would put it on a CDC card. Then you can cross this off your worry list. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I agree that you should go back to Walmart and get a Vac Certificate.   When I got my first they didn't give me a card and I went back 2 weeks later and they pulled up the information on their computer and gave me a properly filled in card.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, REEtired said:

Your vaccinations will also be on your Medicare statements. 

Ours were never on our  Explanation of Benefits statements, nor are our annual flu shots. We have our CDC vaccination card and can get an electronic record from our state health department.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I would go back to Wal-Mart,  with that paper and ID and ask a pharmacy manager if they would put it on a CDC card. Then you can cross this off your worry list. 

Tried that today, unfortunately hubby got vaccinated when we were out of town for the winter, so our local Walmart would not "recreate" the vaccine card.  We have since been informed that Walmart has a Digital Vaccine Record which details all the info on the vaccine card.  I have that printed out, along with his Medicare summary showing the vaccines.  Hoping this should suffice, I'm a worrywart and don't want to be denied!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

And don’t laminate your original…it will make it harder to add the booster info

Had to have the booster added to a laminated card from February...Sharpie worked fine, pharmacist was happy. Brought it home and sealed over it with another laminate sheet. Hoping no more add ons  🙂 Stay safe and be well! 

2 minutes ago, kikitaz said:

Tried that today, unfortunately hubby got vaccinated when we were out of town for the winter, so our local Walmart would not "recreate" the vaccine card.  We have since been informed that Walmart has a Digital Vaccine Record which details all the info on the vaccine card.  I have that printed out, along with his Medicare summary showing the vaccines.  Hoping this should suffice, I'm a worrywart and don't want to be denied!!

I'm a worrier too but I'd be comfortable with what you have. Be ready to pull up the Digital Vaccine Card on the official website on your phone if necessary (have your user name and password with you and bookmark the site).  Have a great cruise. 

We did not get the cards  where we were vaccinated.  Later we went and they printed off the record on a 8.5” x 11” sheet on county health department letter head signed it.  I’m sure that will work to board on FL .  
But looking further vac proof is beginning to be required to enter restaurants, concerts, museums, etc so imagine showing up in a foreign country with a piece of paper from a health department in a small county in a foreign country.  Or carrying these sheets of paper around to go sightseeing, dining both at home or abroad.   
We went back to the health department and argued for quite awhile and they finally filled out the vac cards

4 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

I have the large sheet of paper too.  If I make a copy, the signatures will be 'copied' and they won't be the originals.

Bring the originals with you along with several copies, (we do this with our passports) just in case you need them.  A plastic sleeve holder will protect the originals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

I have the large sheet of paper too.  If I make a copy, the signatures will be 'copied' and they won't be the originals.

Did you have any issues with the paper vs card getting on the ship?

On 8/20/2021 at 9:05 PM, kikitaz said:

LOL - it sounds like you will not be denied, he will....

Nothing for you to worry about, unless he really, really wants to be on the same ship as you!

In health and bon voyage

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

The sad thing is that you can buy knockoff cards easily.  They ought to make them tamperproof.

Which is why copies are not a good idea except as an extra. Not sure what cruise lines will do to try and confirm that what you produce is genuine but would put it in a plastic folder as suggested and guard it carefully. Here in Colorado we have a state sponsored website which can list your vaccination records. And new cards cannot be issued if you have lost yours. We have stapled ours into our passports. 

12 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

The sad thing is that you can buy knockoff cards easily.  They ought to make them tamperproof.

The consequences of getting caught are high, from what I understand. But I guess some would rather face jail than the jab. 

• Like 1