Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The Bigelow is only in the Suites.   I don't recall it  having much of a scent.  

I believe other  class have a generic shampoo that  many complain about.

Yes you are correct Jim.  We sail in regular verandahs and it is a generic shampoo....at least it was on the Silhouette cruise we were on just before the world shut down in early 2020.  

Tried to call front desk and room service about the dishes and stayed on hold way longer than I normally would have.  Hung up.  I can't bend over with a heavy tray.  Lifted the desk chair across the bed and put in front of the door.  Then put the tray on it, then stacked up the dishes on it and called my room attendant.  Told her what I'd prepared and if she opened the door, she could take the tray.  Otherwise,  I would push the chair out into the corridor.  She had to call for permission, but tray is now gone and chair is back where it belongs. 🤓

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Ruth:  I am also hoping you will test negative.  I will be following your situation.

Charles and I still talk about the private excursion you organized to visit Giverny.  The Seattle Art Museum is currently featuring a special exhibit of Monet's work.  We will be buying tickets to attend later this month.

That was one of my all-time favorite excursions.  Your exhibit sounds wonderful - enjoy.

4 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

I have to say goofysmom99 sounds very calm. We are doing this same cruise in Oct, and if I were locked in my cabin to miss Curaçao and Bonaire, I would not be a friendly passenger. 

I agree they are taking it well but this is what you have to deal with to cruise at this time.  These are the protocols to contain any spread.   I believe you are compensated for any portion of the trip you miss.

Edited by wrk2cruise

21 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe you are compensated for any portion of the trip you miss.

Haven't heard anything about that yet.

Captain just announced 2 vaxd pax presented at medical facility with cold symptoms, tested positive, and were being disembarked to hospital now.  Will be flown home in air ambulance tomorrow.  And they were conducting contact testing but did not say how many.

Someone just dropped off enough room service breakfast door hangers to take me thru to Fort Lauderdale.  Hmmm....  No phone call yet.

Edited by goofysmom99

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Bulgari was the brand in the Suites.

I'm not sure when Bulgari was replaced by Bigelow --   I much preferred the Bulgari.  

What surprised me was we had friends in a PH on Summit just before shut down and they had Bigelow also and in the spare bathroom they didn't even have a holder for the pump bottles and had them sitting on the floor of the shower. 

I'm not big fan of  liquid soaps and either bring a bar of my favorite soap or use the facial bar soap.   

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Too bad.  We had Bulgari in March 2020 when on the Solstice and the global suspension was implemented.  Bulgari is much better than the Bigelow products.

Like someone else pointed out it may have been implemented with each ship as it went through the "Revolution".      I know all the ships I sailed in 2020 had Bigelow.    I personally don't like it nor the pump bottles.  

Always, for decades, have traveled with our own bar soap and shampoo.  Not all that much to carry to have a familiar touch in the shower every day.  When I used to travel to Japan, where the towels are often only just larger than a postage stamp, I'd fold up a bath sheet from home as well.  Then again, they didn't much care about luggage weight back then, either.  So we won't be too fussed about anything we find waiting for us in the shower.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Always, for decades, have traveled with our own bar soap and shampoo.  Not all that much to carry to have a familiar touch in the shower every day.  When I used to travel to Japan, where the towels are often only just larger than a postage stamp, I'd fold up a bath sheet from home as well.  Then again, they didn't much care about luggage weight back then, either.  So we won't be too fussed about anything we find waiting for us in the shower.

You have me laughing.   On much of my international business travel to Asia and Europe, I would bring a roll or 2 of toilet paper as the stuff used was worse than a Sears Catalogue. 

• Haha 1

No one called so called guest relations just now at the 3 3/4 hr point.  Test is negative.  That's the good news.  Bad news is I'm confined to cabin until 2nd test tomorrow evening which will also take "2 hours."  I expect their version of 2 hours will wipe out dinner tomorrow, too.  I intend to have a more serious discussion with someone about lack of follow-up.  Explained I was prepared to post on every public forum if it didnt improve.  So I guess now I qualify as PO'd, but relieved.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The sofa is normal height.    Just be careful of the sofa's in Retreat.    Unless they changed them out the original after the refurb were really low and many had trouble  getting up from them.

We chose to be on Reflection because they were not refurbished. We heard the refurbished ships were uncomfortable for folks with back issues

18 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

No one called so called guest relations just now at the 3 3/4 hr point.  Test is negative.  That's the good news.  Bad news is I'm confined to cabin until 2nd test tomorrow evening which will also take "2 hours."  I expect their version of 2 hours will wipe out dinner tomorrow, too.  I intend to have a more serious discussion with someone about lack of follow-up.  Explained I was prepared to post on every public forum if it didnt improve.  So I guess now I qualify as PO'd, but relieved.

That’s great news! But that is just wrong and very stressful to keep you waiting for the results of the antigen test for 3 3/4 hr, and to top it off you had to call them to get the results.

When we were recently on our B3B on the Edge, we had to get an antigen test the day before each of our transition days. The big differences in our case were that they told us if we didn’t hear from them after 60 minutes, we could assume our tests were negative. In addition, we didn’t have to remain quarantined in our cabin.

It is interesting, though, that it only took 15 minutes for us to get the antigen test results at Urgent Care prior to our cruise and more importantly 60 minutes to be notified of the results of our Edge antigen tests, but only if they were positive. I wonder why you have to wait 2 hours for them to tell you the results of a 15 minute test??

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Stayed up to make sure we'd heard the news!

Not very nice that you had to call THEM to get the results, although they could have been working through a longish list of phone calls.

So when do they propose to do the test tomorrow so that ~+2hours, you can get out of jail?

Catch you in the a.m.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

We were on the Summit, and I don't recall seeing any movies with charges?  Is that new?  Are there any free ones if you're not under quarantine?

One of my tablemates told me he found only one free movie.  That was a surprise to me since I thought X had dropped that.  Of course that was then. I'll try them out tomorrow and report back.

33 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Been waiting to hear this.  So glad it was negative.  But what is the incubation period?  Surely more than one day.  You know we're pulling for you to be negative all the way. 🙏

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

No excuse for them not following up.    I am however really happy you have tested negative. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I’m so happy to see that your test was negative, but I’m disgusted that you had to hunt down someone to get your results. Surely they’ve initiated this process often enough to do better! After all, they must be sweeping up at least a few people in each tracelet dragnet, most of whom will test negative. I would think X would want to make the process as smooth - and stress free - as possible for you. Excellent customer service can coexist with excellent infection control. Perhaps they’ll do much better the second time around. I hope you’re getting some sleep before waking up to a perfect room service breakfast!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I’m so happy to see that your test was negative, but I’m disgusted that you had to hunt down someone to get your results. Surely they’ve initiated this process often enough to do better! After all, they must be sweeping up at least a few people in each tracelet dragnet, most of whom will test negative. I would think X would want to make the process as smooth - and stress free - as possible for you. Excellent customer service can coexist with excellent infection control. Perhaps they’ll do much better the second time around. I hope you’re getting some sleep before waking up to a perfect room service breakfast!

I’m surprised that they don’t have an effective protocol in place. 

33 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I’m surprised that they don’t have an effective protocol in place. 

I'm just wondering how many they are testing...

I would guess there is a limit to how many they can analyse in a 2 hour period with the facilities onboard.

9 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

C.O. Bigelow products!  Now I remember reading (probably here on Cruise Critic) that these were on board.  Is this brand in all categories of staterooms or just suites?  What scent are they please?  I tried to zoom in, but I could not make it out.    He he he.

I think they are suites only and my wife says the shampoo and conditioner are very good quality.  I am not sure what scent but it is pleasant and not overwhelming.