Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

I want to gush a little bit about this cruise.  I was on the Aug 1st cruise and there were a few hiccups (it was just the 2nd cruise) but it was wonderful.  This cruise, the crew has meshed and is absolutely amazing!  I think they lie in wait for you, like my cat. This morning, I walked off the elevator and before I was settled in my chair in Cafe al Bacio, the cappuccino was placed in front of me.  At noon, I asked for chicken fajitas and the young man started to pick up some tortillas.  I said no thank you and I'd just use the corn tortilla chips since I'm gluten free.  I walked around adding this and that to my plate and then went to my table.  Before I could pick up a fork, a plate of warm corn tortillas (the ones they use to make the chips) was delivered to my table and I was able to enjoy soft tacos!  Every evening, they deliver some sort of GF dessert to me that isn't on the menu.  So many crewmembers call me by name but I don't think I've actually met all of them before.  I'm not in a suite.  This is a balcony cabin, Oceanview, and MDR.  My next three cruises are suites and I'll be interested to see how much better the service might be than what I've experienced on this cruise. 

I said earlier that if you can swing it somehow, cruise NOW!!  This is the most consistent, intuitive service I've ever received.  With express elevators!!  Food has been excellent, too. 🤓

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I want to gush a little bit about this cruise.  I was on the Aug 1st cruise and there were a few hiccups (it was just the 2nd cruise) but it was wonderful.  This cruise, the crew has meshed and is absolutely amazing!  I think they lie in wait for you, like my cat. This morning, I walked off the elevator and before I was settled in my chair in Cafe al Bacio, the cappuccino was placed in front of me.  At noon, I asked for chicken fajitas and the young man started to pick up some tortillas.  I said no thank you and I'd just use the corn tortilla chips since I'm gluten free.  I walked around adding this and that to my plate and then went to my table.  Before I could pick up a fork, a plate of warm corn tortillas (the ones they use to make the chips) was delivered to my table and I was able to enjoy soft tacos!  Every evening, they deliver some sort of GF dessert to me that isn't on the menu.  So many crewmembers call me by name but I don't think I've actually met all of them before.  I'm not in a suite.  This is a balcony cabin, Oceanview, and MDR.  My next three cruises are suites and I'll be interested to see how much better the service might be than what I've experienced on this cruise. 

I said earlier that if you can swing it somehow, cruise NOW!!  This is the most consistent, intuitive service I've ever received.  With express elevators!!  Food has been excellent, too. 🤓

I agree 100%

10 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are about 2 hours from docking in Aruba. We finally booked a tour, it is Aruba Best sites by land and sea. It is a sailing and open bus tour of the island.

Found out the WiFi was out yesterday ship wide, we were told it had to do with the provider in Virginia, it is working much better this morning. 

Please let me know how you liked this tour.  I'm on the 9/18 sailing and thinking about this excursion.

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

We are on the 9/17 sailing and I am kicking myself for not insisting on an August cruise! I can't wait!!

• Like 1

I was looking at the menus this evening trying to decide on what I might have for dinner if on board Equinox.  Nothing was jumping out at me, so good to know the black bass is a good choice.  Can’t go wrong with Cotes du Rhône either.  Another question for you Terry.  Is the shampoo and body wash still in the small bottles or have they mounted the gigantic bottles to the shower wall.  Thanks.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, margie1221 said:

Chic nite with fellow CCers

6D9297FF-53BA-46B1-93F7-FF2143B237C8.jpeg

Hi!  It looks like you are having fun.  I have a question if you don't mind.  Was the first Evening Chic Night on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks!

Have a great cruise!!!

🍹

7 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

I was looking at the menus this evening trying to decide on what I might have for dinner if on board Equinox.  Nothing was jumping out at me, so good to know the black bass is a good choice.  Can’t go wrong with Cotes du Rhône either.  Another question for you Terry.  Is the shampoo and body wash still in the small bottles or have they mounted the gigantic bottles to the shower wall.  Thanks.

they are in bottles on a shelf in the shower  the have pump dispenser 

7 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Hi!  It looks like you are having fun.  I have a question if you don't mind.  Was the first Evening Chic Night on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks!

Have a great cruise!!!

🍹

Sunday, the second will be Friday. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

20210901_064208.thumb.jpg.a1bd2e10894eecd91737305dee0db20a.jpg

We had a good time yesterday on our tour of Aruba. We started with an hour and a half on a large sailing catamaran with a very scenic sail along the west coast beaches and resorts. The boat had a included open bar and plenty of shade.  It was very informative about history of Aruba including the German U Boat attack in May 1940 that sank a couple of oil tankers taking diesel to the UK. At that time the worlds largest oil refinery was on Aruba.20210831_111721.thumb.jpg.38f08b80829095dfb2bc7a9d4ddc1495.jpg

The second half we transfered to an open air bus in Palm Beach for a tour of the island which had frequent stops but it was hot.

Overall it was a good experience for the cost but it ran from 10:30 to almost 3pm so we had no lunch and not much to eat when we got back to the Equinox. 

20210831_104655.jpg

20210831_124245.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 11:07 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I'm hoping that Terry will be posting.   He's been very active on both his Roll Call and on the Live Blog.

I was just logging in this morning to see  if anyone is posting myself.    I have one week to go before I fly to join the 9/05 Equinox.  

I need a daily fix of CC to go with my morning coffee.

We'll be on the 9/17 Equinox with you.  I hope you find it in great shape and enjoy your 9/5 sailing.  Can't wait to hear more about it.  

16 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I was getting off the ship when you got on the ship. I seem to be missing you on the ships. The cruise was wonderful!!  We spent 12 days on board. The crew was outstanding.  We stayed in a sky suite and the service was perfect.  Enjoy your cruise.

Phyllis

16 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

32 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Enjoying this live from. I am interested in what is open on Sundays  in Bonaire. 

I have no idea, we will be there tomorrow,  Thursday.  If you dock on a Sunday I would think shops that are open other days will be open for tourists.  So few cruise ships are coming here this summer and the tourists attractions are really hurting.

On 8/28/2021 at 5:08 PM, MartinsCruise said:

I'll check it out.  We have the premium package and I don't mind paying a little more to try different wines.  

Me too!  Sometimes I think the sommeliers are helpful and other times not so much.  I'm putting together a list of some of the wines and cocktails I'd like to try. 

On 8/31/2021 at 6:59 AM, terrydtx said:

Found out the WiFi was out yesterday ship wide, we were told it had to do with the provider in Virginia, it is working much better this morning. 

Curacao 10:30am with alot of pax and crew off the ship:

upgraded stream internet still 2mb/sec according to google speedtest.

so it looks like stream internet is capped at 2mb/sec?

Edited by fstuff1