Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

1 hour ago, taylortime05 said:

Me too!  Sometimes I think the sommeliers are helpful and other times not so much.  I'm putting together a list of some of the wines and cocktails I'd like to try. 

Love to see your "LISTS" if you care to share at a later date.

2 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

We'll be on the 9/17 Equinox with you.  I hope you find it in great shape and enjoy your 9/5 sailing.  Can't wait to hear more about it.  

I can tell it is going to be a great cruise.    Our roll call has sure exploded over the last couple weeks.

• Like 1

We spent the morning walking around Curacao and had drinks and lunch at the Blue Iguana on the harbor entrance. Good time and me a nice Dutch family on Holiday.

Here are some random pictures including the famous swinging bridge opening for 2 container ships.20210901_102319.thumb.jpg.1a1453730320d18a01477de13a0d788a.jpg20210901_102319.thumb.jpg.1a1453730320d18a01477de13a0d788a.jpg

20210901_104626.jpg

20210901_101903.jpg

20210901_101956.jpg

20210901_110309.jpg

20210901_114258.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, runnerandme said:

Jim, This is a Celebrity Suite..So happy with the room.

We will be in the Celebrity Suite, looks like same location on the "hump".  So glad you posted the photos.  Just wondering if the couch is low.  My husband has back issues and It is hard to figure out by any photos that I have seen of the room.

1 minute ago, Momma Rene said:

We will be in the Celebrity Suite, looks like same location on the "hump".  So glad you posted the photos.  Just wondering if the couch is low.  My husband has back issues and It is hard to figure out by any photos that I have seen of the room.

In the Sky suite it is very low and my back has hurt all week.

4 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Here is what  i am doing to help

16305186963508946955781962752880.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 2:08 PM, terrydtx said:

The sauce was fine, but the chicken breast was very over cooked which left it dry and tasteless. This is an error many chefs are guilty of doing. It was the worst meal so far. Today for lunch I had the Luminae Signature burger and it is a home run, cooked medium rare and it had so much flavor. 

What would you say is the best meal in Luminae so far?

7 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

What would you say is the best meal in Luminae so far?

The first night's filet was excellent as good as any land restaurant.  The only miss was the Moroccan Chicken.  Luminae is a fine dinning experience like any  fine dinning land restaurant. 

55 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The first night's filet was excellent as good as any land restaurant.  The only miss was the Moroccan Chicken.  Luminae is a fine dinning experience like any  fine dinning land restaurant. 

I was thinking of skipping the first night in Luminae and going to Tuscan or Murano to avoid the first night little bit crazy in Luminae.  Your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

I was thinking of skipping the first night in Luminae and going to Tuscan or Murano to avoid the first night little bit crazy in Luminae.  Your thoughts?

The Luminae was as good as any specially restaurant,  there was no crowd, in fact all week it has never been crowded. We like to eat dinner around 6:30 to 7pm.

Seems I'm one of the unlucky people exposed to covid positive pax.  Waiting in my room for nurse and security.  Great. 

Security has come to make sure I'm me.  His list had quite a few names.

I've been wearing my mask on elevators but who knows who's been near me.  In room movies are free tonight.  Hope I'm not sent home.

Edited by goofysmom99

3 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Seems I'm one of the unlucky people exposed to covid positive pax.  Waiting in my room for nurse and security.  Great. 

I hope you have a negative test and can get on with your cruise. 🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

omg!

another covid pax?

Where/when were you in contact with this person?

Edited by fstuff1

3 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

omg!

how did you know you had covid?
and where did you catch it from?

I haven't been tested.  Someone ELSE has it and they're doing tracelet testing.  I'm glad I've had the booster shot.

Edited by goofysmom99

9 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

If I make it thru this with a negative test, I'll be wearing a mask everywhere and seriously taking stock of how close I'm sitting to others and for how long.  Lesson learned.

I’m so sorry to see this. I hope you’ll test negative and return to enjoying your cruise. Please keep us posted. Fingers crossed!  

• Thanks 1