Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

For the wine lovers last night we tried the never empty glass of Cherry Pie Pino Noir and it was a 2017 vintage. It is from three different Vineyards in Monterrey country Calif. We have been so pleased with the quality of the Premium Drink package wines. The package is saving us at least $50 a night by not having to buy bottles.

20210830_192910.jpg

• Like 1

We are about 2 hours from docking in Aruba. We finally booked a tour, it is Aruba Best sites by land and sea. It is a sailing and open bus tour of the island.

Found out the WiFi was out yesterday ship wide, we were told it had to do with the provider in Virginia, it is working much better this morning. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

For the wine lovers last night we tried the never empty glass of Cherry Pie Pino Noir and it was a 2017 vintage. It is from three different Vineyards in Monterrey country Calif. We have been so pleased with the quality of the Premium Drink package wines. The package is saving us at least $50 a night by not having to buy bottles.

20210830_192910.jpg

That’s the one !

nice to see they have it.

Cheers

38 minutes ago, brockmom said:

That’s the one !

nice to see they have it.

Cheers

I told the sommelier that several CC buddies like the wine and she said they always have plenty on hand as it is very popular. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Yes they had a candy and cookie cart Sunday but not last night.

That only appears on Chic nights.

So a question on other nights.  Do they serve a palette cleanser (I think it's called) between the main and dessert?  I'm referring to a small scoop of sorbet or other treat.  It's like the amuse boche at the start of the meal, but sweet.  If they don't would you mind asking if it can be requested?

20 hours ago, canderson said:

Something I have NOT seen in the list for quite some time is any sort of Irish Whiskey - not even your basic Jameson.  I assume that's just a shortcoming of the list, and that they really are serving one or more?

Also, if you like Bourbon, they have Buffalo Trace (which is a kissing cousin to Pappy).  It's a tough find, but Celebrity had it.

3 hours ago, abbydancer said:

That only appears on Chic nights.

@abbydancerThanks for clarifying.  I don't want to miss out on the candy cart.

@terrydtxIf you happen to be in The Retreat Lounge would you mind asking if they have Chopin vodka on hand please?

Edited by Stem to Stern

4 hours ago, LisaDee said:

I believe Freewinds is still owned by the Church of Scientology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freewinds

My bad, during our catamaran tour it was pointed out it belongs to The Church of Scientology.  It has parked here for 14 months but Members come here every week and stay on the ship that never goes anywhere.  He said Tom Cruise had been seen on her many times.

Just now, canderson said:

Perfect.  Neither are the best, but both are just fine.  Jameson for lighter afternoon moments, Bushmills for just a little extra bite.

maybe the Craft Social bar has a better selection, they have more whiskeys. i will try to check it out.

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I watched an ambulance take one lady (wearing hazmat gear) and two suitcases away about an hour ago.  Don't know if there was one earlier or if another may show up later.

I heard from our Butler that all  3 were taken off the ship shortly after we docked.