Dinner BOGO for Diamond Plus

17 hours ago, suekay said:

If we book pre-cruise and pay for both in advance, is the "free" one refunded onboard by way of obc?   TIA

We have done that many times, yes you will get the the "free"  one refunded, it will show up as a credit on your onboard account.

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we are on our first cruise since turning diamond plus next week. Does the bogo have to be on the 1st and second night or could one of us use it for that and the other use it for other nights, so 4 nights total? Also, if not could we buy a 3 nights dining package? I know that is supposed to be used on the 1st night but we have used 2 dining packages before. 

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

BOGO is for first OR second night, so only two not four. If you have the 3  night dining package I believe  that you don't have to use it on the first night if you are using the diamond + bogo.

M

Ok, thanks for that. Will book the 3 night then and sort out bogo on board.

On some ships, I was able to use the BOGO on the first night and my wife's on a different night other than the second.  Depending on the ship.  For instance, this past Oasis sail, I was sailing solo and heard on CC that you may not be able to use the BOGO coupon.  When I boarded, GS was a very long line and decided to go to CP and visited Giovanni's.  Asked the MD if I could use the BOGO and she called a few folks and after some 5 calls she go the approval.  Made reserve at Chops for the second.  I also saved about $10 because I was charged for G and C was free.

I apologize for the yellow on some of the letter "o".  Don't know what I did😜

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 3:30 PM, carefree lady said:

Do diamond plus members still get BOGO for specialty restaurants to be used 1st and 2nd night?

You have to pay for it the first day, but our experience (and we do it rarely) we could do it any night as long as we pay for it the first day.

Wil they apply the BOGO discount at the restaurant if you pre-book for just one person? i.e I book Chops for the first night for just my wife, and then we both show up at the restaurant? I'd rather not have the BOGO discount refunded to our account as OBC - we rarely use it all - which is what would happen if we pre-booked for both of us.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I prebook for 1 and then tell them onboard 2 will be turning up and the 2nd person is my BOGO. 

I have been doing the same for many years now with no problem. Book for one this way you get the time you prefer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, janabelle61 said:

If you sail solo, can you use the 'free' portion on a second night?

I guess it depends on the ship.  I used the solo BOGO on the Sept. 5 Oasis sail.  IMO. it's not automatic as the person at Giovanni's helping me had to contact some 5 individuals to get approval.  I could have been that I went to Giovanni's as soon as I boarded and possibly not enough bosses around.😀

On 9/6/2021 at 7:41 PM, suekay said:

If we book pre-cruise and pay for both in advance, is the "free" one refunded onboard by way of obc?   TIA

We tried this on our recent Jewel cruise and caused chaos☺️. It was eventually sorted, but I think we'll take a chance on getting our preferred time by booking onboard next time

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

I guess it depends on the ship.  I used the solo BOGO on the Sept. 5 Oasis sail.  IMO. it's not automatic as the person at Giovanni's helping me had to contact some 5 individuals to get approval.  I could have been that I went to Giovanni's as soon as I boarded and possibly not enough bosses around.😀

Thanks, Nelblu!  I just turned D+, so trying to anticipate my options for my next cruises in January.😀

• Like 1