Dinner BOGO for Diamond Plus

How much luck are other having with applying their BOGO to nights later than 1 or 2 ?  I mean....have you been able to use your BOGO on nights later in the week or are they being very strict about making you use your BOGO on nights 1 or 2 ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I don't mind paying the full price.  I just like to know that I already have ressies.  I might try booking both the first and second night and paying in advance.  It's easier I would think as a solo.  They can go ahead and charge me full price for the first night and credit me for that and then again for the second night's dinner as well.  I really am not a fan of having to worry about making reservations when I first board.  Don't like that too much

Agree, That is what we are going to do, lock in the night and time we want with no worrying. Makes no sense to do it once we board the ship and hope we get the day and time we want.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

How much luck are other having with applying their BOGO to nights later than 1 or 2 ?  I mean....have you been able to use your BOGO on nights later in the week or are they being very strict about making you use your BOGO on nights 1 or 2 ?

YMMV, and I may just be lucky, but I've always been able to do that.  I usually go to my first night's restaurant, make the res there and just ask if I can make another one for another restaurant later in the week.  I just get a "not a problem" and it's done.  I know some say they've been able to do it but the 2nd charge shows up on day 2...my 2nd charge has always shown up the night we dine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I'm solo so one night 1 or 2 and one later in the week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I stop at a restaurant shortly after boarding and make our bogo reservation for later in the week, not necessarily at that restaurant,  and pay and done.  No problem. For long cruises might make 2 reservations for 2 nts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I've been very successful on most of my sails.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

If a couple, you have to use 1 bogo on night one.

I’ve read several reports of couples being able to book any nights they want (as along as booked on day 1 or 2). Sounded like yet another “it varies” situation.

It’s advanced prep for me. 7 more points til D+… 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We recently did the BOGO on Ovation and then a week Later on Quantum.  Both times we were told we had to pay and book by day two, but reserve any time during the cruise.  We were able to reserve nights 4 and 6 on a seven night cruise and nights 5 and 8 on a 10 night cruise.  Easy as could be.  

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, taglovestocruise said:

we were told we had to pay and book by day two

This seems to be recurring answer...so as long as we make the reservations (and pay) on night 1 or 2, we should be able to eat any time.  Sounds reasonable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

If a couple, you have to use 1 bogo on night one. Then you can use 2nd one any night you want, but they charge for the 2nd night at time of reservation. 

No, you just need to book it and pay for it first day.  We never go 1st night.  Seldom go on 2nd night. 

• Like 1

Just be prepared that occasionally you may be told that you MUST dine the first or second night. Happens occasionally, but not often.  

We may ask the second day (if someone else is at the podium, or even at a different restaurant ) and get  a different  answer.

m

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just be prepared that occasionally you may be told that you MUST dine the first or second night. Happens occasionally, but not often.  

We may ask the second day (if someone else is at the podium, or even at a different restaurant ) and get  a different  answer.

m

Never happened to us.

21 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Never happened to us.

Has happened to us, though not often. 

Here is a photo of the letter received last month (mid May) on Mariner. It does say “dinner on day one or day two only”.  Luckily most ships are not strict about that portion of the letter.  We were able to pay  for the dinner on the second night but not go till later in the cruise, even though the letter states otherwise

m

EBCEB727-73D7-48A7-B73C-446DE0249A40.jpeg

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

This seems to be recurring answer...so as long as we make the reservations (and pay) on night 1 or 2, we should be able to eat any time.  Sounds reasonable.

Depending on the ship, you might loose one bogo if you do not book and pay night one.

35 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Has happened to us, though not often. 

Here is a photo of the letter received last month (mid May) on Mariner. It does say “dinner on day one or day two only”.  Luckily most ships are not strict about that portion of the letter.  We were able to pay  for the dinner on the second night but not go till later in the cruise, even though the letter states otherwise

m

EBCEB727-73D7-48A7-B73C-446DE0249A40.jpeg

Yes, that is Royal's official rule but some ships are relaxing compliance. Just don't wait until night 2 to go make reservations only to find out you are on a ship where the bogo rule is enforced. It happened to us and no amount of intervention by guest services helped. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RFerrington said:

This is the sticking point.  The coupon is only available in their computer system on the first two nights, so if you don't process the payment / use the coupon on the first two nights, they can't access it later in the week.  

I've done this several times, though -- go and make the reservation on the first day and process the payment while the coupon is still in the computer for them to apply it, but dine on Night Four or such.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

This is the sticking point.  The coupon is only available in their computer system on the first two nights, so if you don't process the payment / use the coupon on the first two nights, they can't access it later in the week.  

I've done this several times, though -- go and make the reservation on the first day and process the payment while the coupon is still in the computer for them to apply it, but dine on Night Four or such.  

This is our experience exactly. Am onboard the Jewel now and did this yesterday. The computer can only process the BOGO discount on day 1 or 2. Have never had a problem, several ships and sailings.

We learned this a few years ago when we tried to get our second BOGO later in the cruise and were told after we had dinner that we had to pay full.

The manager got involved finally, and he knew exactly what to do. Just give a 50% discount instead of tryin to get the system to accept the BOGO offer. DONE......

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We are on the Jewel of the Seas now. Boarded yesterday. We walked up to Chops and asked if we could use the second BOGO on another night and she said no problem. We went to Chops last night and signed the slips for both nights at the same time. No hesitation on their part when we asked.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

THANK YOU !  This is exactly what I need to know.  VERY helpful.

• Like 1