Dinner BOGO for Diamond Plus

On 12/22/2022 at 11:25 PM, monorail81 said:

Have you ever run into any issues doing it this way once you are aboard?  Because I’d much rather book it ahead of time using the preboarding price than the onboard. 

No issues anytime

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm disappointed izumi cut the orders so much. I can buy a lot of sushi here for $5 wednesday sushi day. I didnt mind $13 for a large order onboard but cutting it from 8 pieces to 4 is half. And other dishes cut way back allure dec 11. 

What ship was this on?  Which sushi order (maki or nigiri)? 

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

What ship was this on?  Which sushi order (maki or nigiri)? 

Allure. I'm not sure of the difference. My friend took their family of 10. The noodle dish she said used to fill her up now was cut. Her husband had ramen. She just was disappointed that portions were cut so significantly. We were on the week of dec 11. 

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Allure. I'm not sure of the difference. My friend took their family of 10. The noodle dish she said used to fill her up now was cut. Her husband had ramen. She just was disappointed that portions were cut so significantly. We were on the week of dec 11. 

Maki is the roll, nigiri is the piece of fish/egg/eel on top of the rice. 

I have not had the ramen or udon so cannot comment.   All I can say is that my wife and I found the serving sizes appropriate on Quantum. 

Just off the Wonder and had the UDP.  It was too much food.  Thinking instead of the BOGO of just buying a dinner or 2 in advance so I can pick my date and time.  It was a bit stressful trying to plan all these meals right after boarding.  I saw people that tried at 11:30 am which is pretty early and had trouble getting what they wanted.  With the BOGO you still have to go and find someone and book the first two nights or play the game of can it be a different night or not.  I meant to ask that policy on Wonder but forgot.

55 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

Is the BOGO only able to be used for dinner or can you use it for lunch? We did pre book lunch at Chops and Jamie's on our upcoming Anthem cruise. 

I've seen people who used it for lunches. I think the only thing is it has to be used day 1 or 2 for the first use. Well I'm solo so I get buy one get one free later I can book. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've seen people who used it for lunches. I think the only thing is it has to be used day 1 or 2 for the first use. Well I'm solo so I get buy one get one free later I can book. 

We've used it for days other than day 1 or 2.  Just required to reserve and pay for it on day 1 or 2.

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks. We booked Jamies on day 2 and Chops on day 8, both for lunch. If we get the BOGO, it's great, but the sale prices were decent enough that I don't mind paying for it. But BOGO is even better. 

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All rolls were 4 pieces on Wonder last night. 

Izumi sure cut down portions. The meal used to be too much to eat but might not be now with smaller portions. 

I noticed on allure solarium is Brazilian at night. Harmony says its ala carte and a different menu for solarium dinner. No menu provided for harmony ala carte. 

5 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

Thanks. We booked Jamies on day 2 and Chops on day 8, both for lunch. If we get the BOGO, it's great, but the sale prices were decent enough that I don't mind paying for it. But BOGO is even better. 

Did you ever try it that way?  You will have to tell them the first day at lunch that you want to use your BOGO right?  If you wait until day 8 the coupon won't be there any longer.  I would like to try that method but for dinner.  Trying to avoid the first day lines trying to see if they will allow you to use it on other than day 1 and 2

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Izumi sure cut down portions. The meal used to be too much to eat but might not be now with smaller portions. 

I noticed on allure solarium is Brazilian at night. Harmony says its ala carte and a different menu for solarium dinner. No menu provided for harmony ala carte. 

Still found we had one than enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Allure has always had Samba as a specialty restaurant in yhe solarium in the evening.  Only OA class ship that does. 

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Allure has always had Samba as a specialty restaurant in yhe solarium in the evening.  Only OA class ship that does. 

Harmony is oasis class but has a different menu for solarium in the evening.

In the tranquil Solarium, you can lounge poolside by day, and enjoy starlit dinners by night at the bistro. When the stars come out, the Solarium pool transforms into a fine dining destination with a healthful, yet indulgent menu. This contemporary bistro offers an unforgettably elegant dinner. Experience the enchantment. Gaze at the stars. Savor sumptuous flavors, and delight in an intimate candlelit ambiance.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Did you ever try it that way?  You will have to tell them the first day at lunch that you want to use your BOGO right?  If you wait until day 8 the coupon won't be there any longer.  I would like to try that method but for dinner.  Trying to avoid the first day lines trying to see if they will allow you to use it on other than day 1 and 2

we just made D+, so this will be our first time using this benefit. I will see what happens when we go on day 2. 

• Like 1

So question -- As I am easily confused can someone tell he how this works. 

We have pre-paid for a Chops Lunch and a 150 Dinner. 

Using our BOGO can we get a second chops lunch and a second 150 Dinner for free?  Do I set that up with the Concierge before boarding or wait until after we board? 

37 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Using our BOGO can we get a second chops lunch and a second 150 Dinner for free?  Do I set that up with the Concierge before boarding or wait until after we board? 

Set up once onboard.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

8 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Set up once onboard.

Isn't it also ship dependent whether you can use the vouchers other than just days one and two?