Suite lounge drinks on the Oasis

dleahy4444

It has been a while since Ive been on the Oasis, but what I recall is that the Suites Lounge offers wine and beer throughout the day (mimosas for breakfast, wine with lunch) at Coastal Kitchen and mixed drinks and small bites during happy hour. Do I have that right?Does anyone who has sailed on her recently know if that has changed? I know that she is currently on her first revenue sailing, perhaps some of you have sailed her right before the shut down. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

1 minute ago, islandwannabee said:

Cant speak for the Oasis, but on Allure starting next week, only free drinks are during happy hour from 4:30 to 8. A drink another time you have to pay for it, or use a coupon if you have one.  No more free beer, wine and soft drinks from 11-11

Unless you are in a suite.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

Cant speak for the Oasis, but on Allure starting next week, only free drinks are during happy hour from 4:30 to 8. A drink another time you have to pay for it, or use a coupon if you have one.  No more free beer, wine and soft drinks from 11-11

What. That is so sad. On odyessy now and freedom last week and you can get any drink including premium during happy hour versus the crappy liquor and wine they serve. In allure during happy hour. If they take the 11-11 away hopefully they will replace it with better happy hour selections. 

5 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

What. That is so sad. On odyessy now and freedom last week and you can get any drink including premium during happy hour versus the crappy liquor and wine they serve. In allure during happy hour. If they take the 11-11 away hopefully they will replace it with better happy hour selections. 

I was going to email you and ask if you had heard that.  Not sure where the poster got that info.  If it's from the concierge letter I don't think the 11-11 drinks is mentioned there.  It's like a hidden perk😇

I am going to be in a suite on the oasis on 9/19 but haven’t gotten the letter from the suites concierge yet. I don’t think on past sailing on Oasis class ships that they mentioned the beer and wine option in the lounge outside of happy hour. Yes, it was sort of a hidden perk. Maybe I will ask this question on an ongoing thread in the current oasis sailing

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

Do you have a source for this? 

On Allure, except for her first sailing, they have had the 11-11 suites drinks. I was told that on Symphony they were open 11-3 with drinks and closed until 5 and started happy hour. So its a possibility that for 2hrs there will not be suite drinks.

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Unless you are in a suite.

Straight from Dexter (the Suite concierge) starting next week in the suite lounge no free drinks until happy hour. That's no water soda beer or wine, until happy hour, unless you use coupons (from being diamond and beyond) or pay for it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

Straight from Dexter (the Suite concierge) starting next week in the suite lounge no free drinks until happy hour. That's no water soda beer or wine, until happy hour, unless you use coupons (from being diamond and beyond) or pay for it.

Dexter obviously is referring to his Pinnacle puppies when he said this. Suite guests do not get coupons as a suite perk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, islandwannabee said:

Thanks so much for this info. We aren’t big drinkers but I do like the occasional glass of wine with lunch when on vacation. One of the reasons we booked a suite was for the suite lounge experience we had on previous sailings. Oh well,  things change.  

Just off Mariner- no honor bar/soft drinks/wine/beer or water bottles in suite lounge during the day. 5-8pm happy hour could order whatever. There was a server to assist with the coffee machine ( including cappuccinos) during the day ( at least in the morning- we didnt go in in the early afternoon).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Dexter obviously is referring to his Pinnacle puppies when he said this. Suite guests do not get coupons as a suite perk.

I am not sure you are understanding what I am saying. I'm not talking about pinnacles at all, only suite guests. Yes some of them have coupons, I for one have a suite and am diamond plus, so I have 5 coupons. I can use those coupons anytime I want in the suite lounge, but if a person who has a suite has no coupons, then they have to pay for any type of drink unless it is between happy hour. This new policy starts on the Allure with the Sept 12th sailing. 

You are correct suite guests do not get coupons, but other tiers in a suite do.

Why would RC be doing this, any idea?

With all the hoops and changes, RC is making it difficult for us to want to go on our cruise in October. I know I am petty for worrying about free crappy drinks, but it is just the principle of what I expected and have gotten in the past paying thousands for a suite, ugh. Vacation should not be this stressful. Wonder if I can return those eMed test kits that are arriving tomorrow?

To confirm what @islandwannabee posted, there is a fleet-wide change occurring where the SL will no longer (could be temporary) serve complimentary drinks for suite guests all day.  Suite guests will be charged for any drink ordered outside of happy hour unless they (1) are Star Class, (2) have a beverage package which covers their drink or (3) uses a C&A coupon.  It looks like those on Allure on this weeks cruise will be the last ones to enjoy the 11-11 beverage service…at least, for now.

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

To confirm what @islandwannabee posted, there is a fleet-wide change occurring where the SL will no longer (could be temporary) serve complimentary drinks for suite guests all day.  Suite guests will be charged for any drink ordered outside of happy hour unless they (1) are Star Class, (2) have a beverage package which covers their drink or (3) uses a C&A coupon.  It looks like those on Allure on this weeks cruise will be the last ones to enjoy the 11-11 beverage service…at least, for now.

Those drinks only occurred on four ships out of the entire fleet anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are the exact words from the Oasis concierge e-mail I received today. 

In the Suite Lounge, coffee and tea are available throughout the day; and hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer and soft drinks are available every evening - 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

We are in a CLS on Oasis on 9/19 and we were looking forward to hopping over to the SL for an occasional beer/wine/water.  Time for a social media discussion with Royal. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Those drinks only occurred on four ships out of the entire fleet anyway.

Exactly.  We’ve never been on a ship that offered the mid day drinks and have been perfectly satisfied with just the evening hours.  Of course In almost 69 years Ive never had a beer or glass of wine at 11:00 in the morning and wouldn’t even if it was available.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1