Latest news about Explora Journeys

Beamafar

It’s a little vague. If you read the inaugural may or may not be going ahead, what was cancelled was the naming and the soft launch sale for the trade was going to arrive in Southampton just before the inaugural. So at this moment in time it  may, of course be that there is no change for those who will be joining the inaugural, and the fact that they issued the boarding pass link via email yesterday could indicate it’s still going ahead.

I am kind of the new news is good news view just right now fingers crossed 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Apart from people on that cruise who may have been informed of any changes 

Seems that those booked on the inaugural were noticed the same time the announcement was released. No prior knowledge of the general announcement. 

It was already delayed from May 31, so general consensus is that a delay announced this late in the game - so close to handoff is due to some sort of inspection not going well. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I would wait before booking extra cruises on Explora too. I've got one booked for March, but ever since they canceled the whole Alaska season in 2024 and so forth ... I'll see what that gives before letting myself be "lured" into an additional booking.

The postponed launch keeps reminding of the sayings posted months ago on this forum - which basically comes down to "let the Italians do the cooking, decorating, designing and making love ... but don't leave the organizing in their hands"

• Like 1

If you search for voyages for the month of July on the Explora website as of this morning no voyages show up.  According to one of the news stories they said the inaugural is still scheduled BUT this will either be confirmed or changed in the next few days.  

10 minutes ago, daleandrews said:

If you search for voyages for the month of July on the Explora website as of this morning no voyages show up.  According to one of the news stories they said the inaugural is still scheduled BUT this will either be confirmed or changed in the next few days.  

I just tried on the US website, the voyages are still there on the booking page. 

What types of changes would prompt such a late cancellation? Is MSC going to make a strategic change, or did they identify issues after sea trials? I can't imagine that cosmetic issues would prompt MSC to make a decision like this.

6 minutes ago, peder said:

What types of changes would prompt such a late cancellation? Is MSC going to make a strategic change, or did they identify issues after sea trials? I can't imagine that cosmetic issues would prompt MSC to make a decision like this.

Right now, only the media voyage is cancelled, the inaugural is to have "details confirmed".  Maybe they are going to sail to the inaugural with the trades onboard to finish things off having had supply chain issues

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, peder said:

I'd think this close to handoff that something was discovered during the final inspections.  But the "why" of the delay has not been reported yet.

Edited by happy cruzin
correction
  • Like 1

Someone checked the port websites. While the Explora I was still mentioned in Zeebrugge two days ago for July 18th she´s gone from the list now. Same for Bergen and July 29th. This may be a sign.

steamboats

• Thanks 2

For Southampton they are still showing the embarkation day, but what they have cancelled is the two days previous, which were to be as I understand it trade visits in Port. So I’m thinking there might be an inaugural but it is correct some ports have gone.
They are no longer showing on Bergens website. However, they are still showing on Stavanger and Copenhagen, including turnaround day. That said, of course it could be that some ports websites are slower up dating.
However, Southampton certainly was updated yesterday to drop the two previous days. 

Maybe during today we will discover more

• Like 1

5 hours ago, uktog said:

However, Southampton certainly was updated yesterday to drop the two previous days. 

As the inaugural is not yet officially cancelled the change on the Southampton website is totally correct.

steamboats

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, steamboats said:

As the inaugural is not yet officially cancelled the change on the Southampton website is totally correct.

steamboats

The Southampton change seems to indicate rather than arriving on Friday and hosting the press Saturday and Sunday they will be running in late Sunday (hopefully) for the inaugural IF they can do that.  Whats not so clear though is why Zeebrugge which was due to be the Tuesday stop and a relatively short stop from Southampton is not happening.

Explora now no longer showing on Cruise Ship schedule for next week or week after at Southampton. It was showing earlier but now doesn't appear to be in Southampton until 24th August

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

Edited by Corriegr
date change
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Corriegr said:

Explora now no longer showing on Cruise Ship schedule for next week or week after at Southampton. It was showing earlier but now doesn't appear to be in Southampton until 24th August

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

Thanks, it was there this morning so that is an update 😞 

Although strangely I can do a dummy booking including room allocation still so who knows

Edited by uktog

Still can make dummy bookings.

DATE OF TRAVEL: Departure: Jul 17, 2023 / SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom
Arrival: Aug 1, 2023 / COPENHAGEN, Denmark
Ship: EXPLORA I

PASSENGERS: # 144444 / ADULT
# 2 44444 / ADULT

YOUR SUITES: #1 SUITE: (8095)
Ocean Terrace Suite OT2 | Capacity 2
Price per Guest: $ 24,900

PAYMENT DETAILS: Total: $ 24,900

We are scheduled on the August 1st journey to Iceland as part of our honeymoon trip and I am very worried that we will be stranded in Copenhagen with no place to stay and everything booked.  I contacted Explora Journeys and they have no information to give.  I watched all the youtube interviews with the Explora staff where they said they wanted to create something new, a new luxury brand that outshines all the others.  Their customer service reflects the same old stuff you'd get from a Marriott and not a luxury brands.